- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 183503, 9 pages
Combination Mode of Internal Waves Generated by Surface Wave Propagating over Two Muddy Sea Beds
1Tainan Hydraulics Laboratory, Research Center of Ocean Environment and Technology, Tainan Hydraulics Laboratory, National Cheng Kung University, No.1, Ta-Hsueh Road, Tainan 701, Taiwan
2Department of Hydraulic and Ocean Engineering, Research Center of Ocean Environment and Technology, National Cheng Kung University, No.1, Ta-Hsueh Road, Tainan 701, Taiwan
Received 6 March 2012; Accepted 9 May 2012
Academic Editor: Sanith Wijesinghe
Copyright © 2012 Ray-Yeng Yang and Hwung Hweng Hwung. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Wen, “Resonant generation of internal waves on the soft sea bed by a surface water wave,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 1915–1922, 1995.
- F. K. Ball, “Energy transfer between external and internal gravity waves,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 19, pp. 465–478, 1964.
- K. M. Watson, B. West, and B. I. Cohen, “Coupling of surface and internal gravity waves: a mode coupling model,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 77, pp. 185–208, 1976.
- D. F. Hill and M. A. Foda, “Subharmonic resonance of short internal standing waves by progressive surface waves,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 321, pp. 217–234, 1996.
- D. F. Hill and M. A. Foda, “Subharmonic resonance of oblique interfacial waves by a progressive surface wave,” The Royal Society of London Proceedings A, vol. 454, no. 1972, pp. 1129–1144, 1998.
- M. Jamali, Surface wave interaction with oblique internal waves [Ph.D. thesis], University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, 1998.
- M. Jamali, G. A. Lawrence, and B. Seymour, “A note on the resonant interaction between a surface wave and two interfacial waves,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 491, pp. 1–9, 2003.