- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 368121, 11 pages
Numerical Simulation of Axion Quintessence
School of Mathematical & Statistical Sciences, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287-1804, USA
Received 20 March 2012; Accepted 12 June 2012
Academic Editor: Emilio Elizalde
Copyright © 2012 Carl L. Gardner. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Kallosh, A. Linde, S. Prokushkin, and M. Shmakova, “Supergravity, dark energy, and the fate of the universe,” Physical Review D, vol. 66, no. 12, Article ID 123503, 17 pages, 2002.
- C. L. Gardner, “Quintessence and the transition to an accelerating universe,” Nuclear Physics B, vol. 707, no. 1-2, pp. 278–300, 2005.
- E. Komatsu, J. Dunkley, M. R. Nolta, et al., “Five-year Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) observations: cosmological interpretation,” The Astrophysical Journal Supplement Series, vol. 180, no. 2, p. 330, 2009.
- C. L. Gardner, “Cosmological variation of the fine structure constant from an ultralight scalar field: the effects of mass,” Physical Review D, vol. 68, no. 4, Article ID 043513, 7 pages, 2003.
- A. G. Riess, L. G. Sirolger, J. Tonry et al., “Type Ia supernova discoveries at z > 1 from the Hubble Space Telescope: evidence for past deceleration and constraints on dark energy evolution,” Astrophysical Journal, vol. 607, no. 2, pp. 665–687, 2004.
- J. A. Frieman, C. T. Hill, A. Stebbins, and I. Waga, “Cosmology with ultralight pseudo Nambu-Goldstone bosons,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 75, no. 11, pp. 2077–2080, 1995.
- I. Waga and J. A. Frieman, “New constraints from high redshift supernovae and lensing statistics upon scalar field cosmologies,” Physical Review D, vol. 62, no. 4, Article ID 043521, 5 pages, 2000.
- K. Choi, “String or M theory axion as a quintessence,” Physical Review D, vol. 62, no. 4, Article ID 043509, 13 pages, 2000.
- E. Silverstein and A. Westphal, “Monodromy in the CMB: gravity waves and string inflation,” Physical Review D, vol. 78, no. 10, Article ID 106003, 21 pages, 2008.
- K. Freese, C. Savage, and W. H. Kinney, “Natural inflation: status after WMAP three-year data,” International Journal of Modern Physics D, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 2573–2586, 2008.
- S. Capozziello, M. De Laurentis, S. Nojiri, and S. D. Odintsov, “Classifying and avoiding singularities in the alternative gravity dark energy models,” Physical Review D, vol. 79, no. 12, Article ID 124007, 16 pages, 2009.
- S. Nojiri, S. D. Odintsov, and S. Tsujikawa, “Properties of singularities in the (phantom) dark energy universe,” Physical Review D, vol. 71, no. 6, Article ID 063004, 16 pages, 2005.
- J. L. Lehners, P. J. Steinhardt, and N. Turok, “The return of the phoenix universe,” International Journal of Modern Physics D, vol. 18, no. 14, pp. 2231–2235, 2009.