- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 375182, 15 pages
Creation of Two-Particle Entanglement in Open Macroscopic Quantum Systems
1Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, NL, Canada A1C 5S7
2Theoretical Division, Los Alamos National Laboratory, MS B213, Los Alamos, NM 87545, USA
3Dipartimento di Matematica e Fisica, and Interdisciplinary Laboratories for Advanced Materials Physics, Università Cattolica, Via Musei 41, 25121 Brescia, Italy
4Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare, Sezione di Pavia, Via Bassi 6, 27100 Pavia, Italy
5Department of Applied Physics, Polytechnic Institute of NYU, 6 MetroTech Center, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
Received 6 March 2012; Accepted 17 May 2012
Academic Editor: P. G. Kevrekidis
Copyright © 2012 M. Merkli et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Cramer, M. B. Plenio, and H. Wunderlich, “Measuring entanglement in condensed matter systems,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 106, no. 2, Article ID 020401, 2011.
- M. A. Nielsen and I. L. Chuang, Quantum Computation and Quantum Information, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2000.
- M. Sarovar, A. Ishizaki, G. R. Fleming, and K. B. Whaley, “Quantum entanglement in photosynthetic light-harvesting complexes,” Nature Physics, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 462–467, 2010.
- D. Braun, “Creation of entanglement by interaction with a common heat bath,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 89, no. 27, pp. 2779011–2779014, 2002.
- T. Yu and J. H. Eberly, “Finite-time disentanglement via spontaneous emission,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 93, no. 14, Article ID 140404, pp. 1–4, 2004.
- T. Yu and J. H. Eberly, “Sudden death of entanglement,” Science, vol. 323, no. 5914, pp. 598–601, 2009.
- T. Yu and J. H. Eberly, “Sudden death of entanglement: classical noise effects,” Optics Communications, vol. 264, no. 2, pp. 393–397, 2006.
- B. Bellomo, R. Lo Franco, and G. Compagno, “Non-Markovian effects on the dynamics of entanglement,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 99, no. 16, Article ID 160502, 2007.
- J. H. Huang and S. Y. Zhu, “Sudden death time of two-qubit entanglement in a noisy environment,” Optics Communications, vol. 281, no. 8, pp. 2156–2159, 2008.
- J. P. Paz and A. J. Roncaglia, “Dynamics of the entanglement between two oscillators in the same environment,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 100, no. 22, Article ID 220401, 2008.
- M. Merkli, G. P. Berman, F. Borgonovi, and K. Gebresellasie, “Evolution of entanglement of two qubits interacting through local and collective environments,” Quantum Information & Computation, vol. 11, no. 5-6, pp. 390–419, 2011.
- M. Merkli, G. P. Berman, and A. Redondo, “Application of resonance perturbation theory to dynamics of magnetization in spin systems interacting with local and collective bosonic reservoirs,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 44, no. 30, Article ID 305306, 2011.
- M. Merkli, I. M. Sigal, and G. P. Berman, “Resonance theory of decoherence and thermalization,” Annals of Physics, vol. 323, no. 2, pp. 373–412, 2008.
- M. Merkli, G. P. Berman, and I. M. Sigal, “Dynamics of collective decoherence and thermalization,” Annals of Physics, vol. 323, no. 12, pp. 3091–3112, 2008.
- M. Merkli, I. M. Sigal, and G. P. Berman, “Decoherence and thermalization,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 98, no. 13, Article ID 130401, 2007.
- F. Verstraete, M. M. Wolf, and J. Ignacio Cirac, “Quantum computation and quantum-state engineering driven by dissipation,” Nature Physics, vol. 5, no. 9, pp. 633–636, 2009.
- B. Kraus, H. P. Büchler, S. Diehl, A. Kantian, A. Micheli, and P. Zoller, “Preparation of entangled states by quantum Markov processes,” Physical Review A, vol. 78, no. 4, Article ID 042307, 2008.
- S. Diehl, A. Micheli, A. Kantian, B. Kraus, H. P. Büchler, and P. Zoller, “Quantum states and phases in driven open quantum systems with cold atoms,” Nature Physics, vol. 4, no. 11, pp. 878–883, 2008.
- J. M. Martinis, “Superconducting phase qubits,” Quantum Information Processing, vol. 8, no. 2-3, pp. 81–103, 2009.
- H. Lee, Y. C. Cheng, and G. R. Fleming, “Coherence dynamics in photosynthesis: protein protection of excitonic coherence,” Science, vol. 316, no. 5830, pp. 1462–1465, 2007.
- G. Panitchayangkoon, D. Hayes, K. A. Fransted et al., “Long-lived quantum coherence in photosynthetic complexes at physiological temperature,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 107, no. 29, pp. 12766–12770, 2010.
- E. Collini, C. Y. Wong, K. E. Wilk, P. M. G. Curmi, P. Brumer, and G. D. Scholes, “Coherently wired light-harvesting in photosynthetic marine algae at ambient temperature,” Nature, vol. 463, no. 7281, pp. 644–647, 2010.
- G. L. Celardo, F. Borgonovi, M. Merkli, V. I. Tsifrinovich, and G. P. Berman, “Superradiance transition in photosynthetic light-harvesting complexes,” Submitted, http://arxiv.org/abs/1111.5443.