- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 529121, 12 pages
Nonlinear Waveforms for Ion-Acoustic Waves in Weakly Relativistic Plasma of Warm Ion-Fluid and Isothermal Electrons
Theoretical Physics Group, Physics Department, Faculty of Science, Mansoura University,
Mansoura 35516, Egypt
Received 31 March 2012; Accepted 19 June 2012
Academic Editor: Wen Xiu Ma
Copyright © 2012 S. A. El-Wakil et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. B. Whitham, Linear and Nonlinear Waves, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1974, Pure and Applied Mathematics.
- R. Davidson, Methods in Nonlinear Plasma Theory, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1972.
- G. C. Das and S. N. Paul, “Ion-acoustic solitary waves in relativistic plasmas,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 823–825, 1985.
- Y. Nejoh, “The effect of the ion temperature on the ion acoustic solitary waves in a collisionless relativistic plasma,” Journal of Plasma Physics, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 487–495, 1987.
- Y. Nejoh, “A two-dimensional ion acoustic solitary wave in a weakly relativistic plasma,” Journal of Plasma Physics, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 439–444, 1987.
- S. K. El-Labany, “Contribution of higher-order nonlinearity to nonlinear ion-acoustic waves in a weakly relativistic plasma,” Journal of Plasma Physics, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 495–504, 1993.
- H. Washimi and T. Taniuti, “Propagation of ion-acoustic solitary waves of small amplitude,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 17, no. 19, pp. 996–998, 1966.
- T. Taniuti and C. C. Wei, “Reductive perturbation method in nonlinear wave propagation. I,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 941–946, 1968.
- T. Taniuti, “Reductive perturbation method and far fields of wave equations,” Progress of Theoretical Physics Supplement, no. 55, pp. 1–35, 1974.
- V. I. Karpman, Non-Linear Waves in Dispersive Media, Pergamon Press, Oxford, UK, 1975.
- E. K. El-Shewy, “Effect of higher-order nonlinearity to nonlinear electron-acoustic solitary waves in an unmagnetized collisionless plasma,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 1073–1079, 2005.
- M. J. Ablowitz and P. A. Clarkson, Solitons, Nonlinear Evolution Equations and Inverse Scattering, vol. 149 of London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1991.
- E. J. Parkes and B. R. Duffy, “An automated tanh-function method for finding solitary wave solutions to non-linear evolution equations,” Computer Physics Communications, vol. 98, no. 3, pp. 288–300, 1996.
- E. Fan, “Extended tanh-function method and its applications to nonlinear equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 277, no. 4-5, pp. 212–218, 2000.
- S. A. Elwakil, S. K. El-Labany, M. A. Zahran, and R. Sabry, “Modified extended tanh-function method for solving nonlinear partial differential equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 299, no. 2-3, pp. 179–188, 2002.
- E. Yusufoğlu and A. Bekir, “On the extended tanh method applications of nonlinear equations,” International Journal of Nonlinear Science, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 10–16, 2007.
- J.-H. He and M. A. Abdou, “New periodic solutions for nonlinear evolution equations using Exp-function method,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 1421–1429, 2007.
- M.-L. Wang and X.-Z. Li, “Extended F-expansion method and periodic wave solutions for the generalized Zakharov equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 343, no. 1–3, pp. 48–54, 2005.
- M. A. Abdou and A. Elhanbaly, “Construction of periodic and solitary wave solutions by the extended Jacobi elliptic function expansion method,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 1229–1241, 2007.
- M.-L. Wang, “Solitary wave solutions for variant Boussinesq equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 199, no. 3-4, pp. 169–172, 1995.
- W.-X. Ma, “Travelling wave solutions to a seventh order generalized KdV equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 180, no. 3, pp. 221–224, 1993.
- Y. Zhou, M.-L. Wang, and Y.-M. Wang, “Periodic wave solutions to a coupled KdV equations with variable coefficients,” Physics Letters A, vol. 308, no. 1, pp. 31–36, 2003.
- W.-X. Ma, T.-W. Huang, and Y. Zhang, “A multiple exp-function method for nonlinear differential equations and its application,” Physica Scripta, vol. 82, no. 6, Article ID 065003, 8 pages, 2010.
- E. Fan, “A new algebraic method for finding the line soliton solutions and doubly periodic wave solution to a two-dimensional perturbed KdV equation,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 567–574, 2003.
- S. A. El-Wakil, E. M. Abulwafa, E. K. El-Shewy, and A. A. Mahmoud, “Ion-acoustic waves in plasma of warm ions and isothermal electrons using time-fractional KdV equation,” Chinese Physics B, vol. 20, no. 4, Article ID 040508, 2011.
- S. K. El-Labany and A. M. El-Hanbaly, “Modulation of the non-linear ion acoustic waves in a plasma consisting of warm ions and isothermal electrons,” IL Nuovo Cimento D, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 547–556, 1995.
- W. M. Moslem, R. Sabry, U. M. Abdelsalam, I. Kourakis, and P. K. Shukla, “Solitary and blow-up electrostatic excitations in rotating magnetized electron-positron-ion plasmas,” New Journal of Physics, vol. 11, no. 3, Article ID 033028, 2009.
- R. Sabry, W. M. Moslem, and P. K. Shukla, “Explosive and solitary excitations in a very dense magnetoplasma,” Physics Letters A, vol. 372, no. 35, pp. 5691–5694, 2008.
- M. Adler and J. Moser, “On a class of polynomials connected with the Korteweg-de Vries equation,” Communications in Mathematical Physics, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 1–30, 1978.
- D. Baldwin, Ü. Göktaş, W. Hereman, L. Hong, R. S. Martino, and J. C. Miller, “Symbolic computation of exact solutions expressible in hyperbolic and elliptic functions for nonlinear PDEs,” Journal of Symbolic Computation, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 669–705, 2004.
- E. K. El-Shewy, H. G. Abdelwahed, and H. M. Abd-El-Hamid, “Computational solutions for the Korteweg—deVries equation in warm plasma,” Computational Methods in Science and Technology, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 13–18, 2010.