- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 702681, 21 pages
The Effects of MHD Flow and Heat Transfer for the UCM Fluid over a Stretching Surface in Presence of Thermal Radiation
1Department of Mathematics, Gulbarga University, Karnataka, Gulbarga 585 106, India
2Department of Mathematics, Walchand Institute of Technology, Maharashtra, Solapur 413006, India
3Department of Mathematics, Swamy Vivekananda Institute of Technology, Andra Pradesh, Secunderabad 500 003, India
Received 10 March 2012; Revised 2 August 2012; Accepted 4 August 2012
Academic Editor: Ricardo Weder
Copyright © 2012 M. Subhas Abel et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. B. Bird, R. C. Armstrong, and O. Hassager, Dynamics of Polymeric Liquids, vol. 1, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1987.
- T. Sarpakaya, “Flow of non-Newtonian fluids in a magnetic field,” AIChE Journal, vol. 7, pp. 324–328, 1961.
- L. J. Crane, “Flow past a stretching plate,” Zeitschrift für Angewandte Mathematik und Physik, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 645–647, 1970.
- L. J. Grubka and K. M. Bobba, “Heat Transfer characteristics of a continuous stretching surface with variable temperature,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 107, no. 1, pp. 248–250, 1985.
- B. K. Dutta and A. S. Gupta, “Cooling of a stretching sheet in a viscous flow,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 333–336, 1987.
- D. R. Jeng, T. C. A. Chang, and K. J. Dewitt, “Momentum and heat transfer on a continuous surface,” ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 108, pp. 532–539, 1986.
- C. K. Chen and M. I. Char, “Heat transfer of a continuous, stretching surface with suction or blowing,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 135, no. 2, pp. 568–580, 1988.
- A. Chakrabarti and A. S. Gupta, “Hydromagnetic flow and heat transfer over a stretching sheet,” Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 73–78, 1979.
- H. I. Andersson, K. H. Bech, and B. S. Dandapat, “Magnetohydrodynamic flow of a power-law fluid over a stretching sheet,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 929–936, 1992.
- N. Afzal, “Heat transfer from a stretching surface,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 1128–1131, 1993.
- K. V. Prasad, S. Abel, and P. S. Datti, “Diffusion of chemically reactive species of a non-Newtonian fluid immersed in a porous medium over a stretching sheet,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 651–657, 2003.
- M. S. Abel, P. G. Siddheshwar, and M. M. Nandeppanavar, “Heat transfer in a viscoelastic boundary layer flow over a stretching sheet with viscous dissipation and non-uniform heat source,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 50, no. 5-6, pp. 960–966, 2007.
- M. S. Abel and N. Mahesha, “Heat transfer in MHD viscoelastic fluid flow over a stretching sheet with variable thermal conductivity, non-uniform heat source and radiation,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 32, no. 10, pp. 1965–1983, 2008.
- J. F. Agassant, P. Avens, and J. Sergent PJ Carreau, Polymer Processing: Principles and Modelling, Hanser Publishers, Munich, Germany, 1991.
- K. R. Rajgopal, T. Y. Na, and A. S. Gupta, “Flow of a viscoelastic fluid over a sretching sheet,” Rheologica Acta, vol. 23, pp. 213–215, 1984.
- H. I. Andersson, “MHD flow of a viscoelastic fluid past a stretching surface,” Acta Mechanica, vol. 95, no. 1–4, pp. 227–230, 1992.
- D. N. Schulz and J. E. Glass, Eds., Polymers as Rheology Modifiers, ACS symposium Series, 462, American Chemical Society, Washington, DC, USA, 1991.
- A. Raptis and C. Perdikis, “Viscoelastic flow by the presence of radiation,” Zeitschrift fur Angewandte Mathematik und Mechanik, vol. 78, no. 4, pp. 277–279, 1998.
- A. Raptis, “Radiation and viscoelastic flow,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 889–895, 1999.
- I. C. Liu, “Flow and heat transfer of an electrically conducting fluid of second grade in a porous medium over a stretching sheet subject to a transverse magnetic field,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 465–474, 2005.
- I. C. Liu, “A note on heat and mass transfer for a hydromagnetic flow over a stretching sheet,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 1075–1084, 2005.
- P. G. Siddheshwar and U. S. Mahabaleswar, “Effects of radiation and heat source on MHD flow of a viscoelastic liquid and heat transfer over a stretching sheet,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 807–820, 2005.
- T. Hayat, Z. Abbas, M. Sajid, and S. Asghar, “The influence of thermal radiation on MHD flow of a second grade fluid,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 50, no. 5-6, pp. 931–941, 2007.
- T. Hayat, Z. Abbas, and M. Sajid, “Series solution for the upper-convected Maxwell fluid over a porous stretching plate,” Physics Letters, Section A, vol. 358, no. 5-6, pp. 396–403, 2006.
- K. Sadeghy, A. H. Najafi, and M. Saffaripour, “Sakiadis flow of an upper-convected Maxwell fluid,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 40, no. 9, pp. 1220–1228, 2005.
- A. Alizadeh-Pahlavan, V. Aliakbar, F. Vakili-Farahani, and K. Sadeghy, “MHD flows of UCM fluids above porous stretching sheets using two-auxiliary-parameter homotopy analysis method,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 473–488, 2009.
- M. Renardy, “High Weissenberg number boundary layers for the upper converted Maxwell fluid,” Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 125–132, 1997.
- I. J. Rao and K. R. Rajagopal, “On a new interpretation of the classical Maxwell model,” Mechanics Research Communications, vol. 34, no. 7-8, pp. 509–514, 2007.
- K. Sadeghy, H. Hajibeygi, and S. M. Taghavi, “Stagnation-point flow of upper-convected Maxwell fluids,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 1242–1247, 2006.
- A. Alizadeh-Pahlavan and K. Sadeghy, “On the use of homotopy analysis method for solving unsteady MHD flow of Maxwellian fluids above impulsively stretching sheets,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 1355–1365, 2009.
- V. Aliakbar, A. Alizadeh-Pahlavan, and K. Sadeghy, “The influence of thermal radiation on MHD flow of Maxwellian fluids above stretching sheets,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 779–794, 2009.
- K. R. Rajagopal, “Boundary Layers in non-Newtonian fluids,” M. D. P. Montieivo Marques and J. F. Rodrigues, Eds.
- S. D. Conte and C. de Boor, Elementary Numerical Analysis, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1972.
- T. Cebeci and P. Bradshaw, Physical and Computational Aspects of Convective Heat Transfer, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1984.