- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 731602, 16 pages
On the Existence and Robustness of Steady Position-Momentum Correlations for Time-Dependent Quadratic Systems
Dipartimento di Matematica e Fisica “Ennio De Giorgi”, Universitá del Salento and INFN, Sezione di Lecce, 73100 Lecce, Italy
Received 17 October 2011; Revised 10 January 2012; Accepted 13 February 2012
Academic Editor: Ricardo Weder
Copyright © 2012 M. Gianfreda and G. Landolfi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. K. Colegrave and M. Sebawe Abdalla, “Harmonic oscillator with exponentially decaying mass,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 2269–2280, 1981.
- C. K. Law, “Effective Hamiltonian for the radiation in a cavity with a moving mirror and a time-varying dielectric medium,” Physical Review A, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 433–437, 1994.
- I. A. Pedrosa, “Quantum electromagnetic waves in nonstationary linear media,” Physical Review A, vol. 83, no. 3, Article ID 032108, 2011.
- I. A. Pedrosa, C. Furtado, and A. Rosas, “Light propagation: from dielectrics to curved spacetimes,” EPL, vol. 94, no. 3, Article ID 30002, 2011.
- D. F. Walls and G. J. Milburn, Quantum optics, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Second edition, 2008.
- N. C. Menicucci and G. J. Milburn, “Single trapped ion as a time-dependent harmonic oscillator,” Physical Review A, vol. 76, no. 5, Article ID 052105, 2007.
- L. P. Grishchuk and Y. V. Sidorov, “Squeezed quantum states of relic gravitons and primordial density fluctuations,” Physical Review D, vol. 42, no. 10, pp. 3413–3421, 1990.
- A. Geralico, G. Landolfi, G. Ruggeri, and G. Soliani, “Novel approach to the study of quantum effects in the early universe,” Physical Review D, vol. 69, no. 4, Article ID 043504, 2004.
- G. Landolfi and G. Soliani, “Trans-Planckian effects in nonlinear-dispersion cosmologies,” Physics Letters B, vol. 588, no. 1-2, pp. 1–6, 2004.
- A. M. M. De Carvalho, C. Furtado, and I. A. Pedrosa, “Scalar fields and exact invariants in a Friedmann-Robertson-Walker spacetime,” Physical Review D, vol. 70, no. 12, Article ID 123523, 2004.
- I. A. Pedrosa, C. Furtado, and A. Rosas, “Exact linear invariants and quantum effects in the early universe,” Physics Letters B, vol. 651, no. 5-6, pp. 384–387, 2007.
- C. E. F. Lopes, I. A. Pedrosa, C. Furtado, and A. M. d. M. Carvalho, “Gaussian wave packet states of scalar fields in a universe of de Sitter,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 50, no. 8, Article ID 083511, 2009.
- K. Bakke, I. A. Pedrosa, and C. Furtado, “Geometric phases and squeezed quantum states of relic gravitons,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 50, no. 11, Article ID 113521, 2009.
- I. A. Pedrosa, K. Bakke, and C. Furtado, “Gaussian wave packet states of relic gravitons,” Physics Letters B, vol. 671, no. 2, pp. 314–317, 2009.
- H. Qin and R. C. Davidson, “Symmetries and invariants of the oscillator and envelope equations with time-dependent frequency,” Physical Review Special Topics—Accelerators and Beams, vol. 9, no. 5, Article ID 054001, 2006.
- J. Struckmeier, “Hamiltonian dynamics on the symplectic extended phase space for autonomous and non-autonomous systems,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 1257–1278, 2005.
- J. Struckmeier and C. Riedel, “Canonical transformations and exact invariants for time-dependent Hamiltonian systems,” Annalen der Physik, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 15–38, 2002.
- H. R. Lewis and W. B. Riesenfeld, “An exact quantum theory of the time-dependent harmonic oscillator and of a charged particle in a time-dependent electromagnetic field,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 1458–1473, 1969.
- V. V. Dodonov and V. I. Man'Ko, “Coherent states and the resonance of a quantum damped oscillator,” Physical Review A, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 550–560, 1979.
- C.-I. Um, K.-H. Yeon, and T. F. George, “The quantum damped harmonic oscillator,” Physics Reports, vol. 362, no. 2-3, pp. 63–192, 2002.
- G. Landolfi, “Weyl-ordered series form for the angle variable of the time-dependent oscillator,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 41, no. 18, Article ID 185302, 2008.
- V. V. Dodonov and V. I. Man'ko, “Invariants and the Evolution of Non-stationary Quantum Systems,” in Proceedings of Lebedev Physics Institute, M. A. Markov, Ed., vol. 183, Nova Science, Commack, NY, USA, 1989.
- F. Haas, “The damped Pinney equation and its applications to dissipative quantum mechanics,” Physica Scripta, vol. 81, no. 2, Article ID 025004, 2010.
- M. Razavy, Classical and Quantum Dissipative Systems, Imperial College Press, London, UK, 2005.
- E. Kanai, “On the quantization of the dissipative systems,” Progress of Theoretical Physics, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 440–442, 1948.
- P. Caldirola, “Quantum theory of nonconservative systems,” Nuovo Cimento. B. Serie 11, vol. 77, no. 2, pp. 241–262, 1983.
- G. Profilo and G. Soliana, “Group-theoretical approach to the classical and quantum oscillator with time-dependent mass and frequency,” Physical Review A, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 2057–2065, 1991.
- S. K. Suslov, “Dynamical invariants for variable quadratic Hamiltonians,” Physica Scripta, vol. 81, no. 5, Article ID 055006, 2010.
- G. Landolfi, G. Ruggeri, and G. Soliani, “A note on the loss of coherence in wave packets squeezed systems,” International Journal of Quantum Information, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 529–540, 2004.
- I. A. Pedrosa, “Comment on Coherent states for the time-dependent harmonic oscillator,” Physical Review D, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 1279–1280, 1987.
- H. P. Yuen, “Two-photon coherent states of the radiation field,” Physical Review A, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 2226–2243, 1976.
- D. A. Morales, “Correspondence between Berry's phase and Lewis's phase for quadratic Hamiltonians,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 21, no. 18, pp. L889–L892, 1988.