- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 762908, 13 pages
Relativistic Double Barrier Problem with Three Transmission Resonance Regions
1Saudi Center for Theoretical Physics, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
2Physics Department, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran 31261, Saudi Arabia
3Physics Department, College of Science, King Faisal University, Al-Ahsaa 31982, Saudi Arabia
4Theoretical Physics Group, Faculty of Sciences, Chouaib Doukkali University, El Jadida 24000, Morocco
Received 20 March 2012; Accepted 30 May 2012
Academic Editor: Sanith Wijesinghe
Copyright © 2012 A. D. Alhaidari et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. Greiner, Relativistic Quantum Mechanics: Wave Equations, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1994.
- J. D. Bjorken and S. D. Drell, Relativistic Quantum Mechanics, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1964.
- W. Greiner, B. Müller, and J. Rafelski, Quantum Electrodynamics of Strong Fields, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1985.
- O. Klein, “Die Reflexion von Elektronen an einem Potentialsprung nach der relativistischen Dynamik von Dirac,” Zeitschrift für Physik, vol. 53, no. 3-4, pp. 157–165, 1929.
- N. Dombey, P. Kennedy, and A. Calogeracos, “Supercriticality and transmission resonances in the dirac equation,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 85, no. 9, pp. 1787–1790, 2000.
- T. R. Robinson, “On Klein tunneling in graphene,” American Journal of Physics, vol. 80, no. 2, p. 141, 2012.
- N. Dombey and A. Calogeracos, “Seventy years of the Klein paradox,” Physics Report, vol. 315, no. 1–4, pp. 41–58, 1999.
- Y. Zheng and T. Ando, “Hall conductivity of a two-dimensional graphite system,” Physical Review B, vol. 65, Article ID 245420, 2002.
- V. P. Gusynin and S. G. Sharapov, “Unconventional integer quantum hall effect in graphene,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 95, no. 14, Article ID 146801, 4 pages, 2005.
- A. D. Alhaidari, “Resolution of the Klein paradox,” Physica Scripta, vol. 83, no. 2, Article ID 025001, 2011.
- M. Razavy, Quantum Theory of Tunneling, World Scientific, Singapore, 2003.
- D. K. Roy, Quantum Mechanical Tunneling and Its Applications, World Scientific, Singapore, 1974.
- R. Tsu and L. Ezaki, “Tunneling in a finite superlattice,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 22, no. 11, p. 562, 1973.
- L. L. Chang, L. Esaki, and R. Tsu, “Resonant tunneling in semiconductor double barriers,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 24, no. 12, p. 593, 1974.
- T. B. Bahder, C. A. Morrison, and J. D. Bruno, “Resonant level lifetime in GaAs/AlGaAs double-barrier structures,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 51, no. 14, p. 1089, 1987.
- R. K. Su, G. G. Siu, and X. Chou, “Barrier penetration and Klein paradox,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 26, no. 4, p. 1001, 1993.
- C. L. Roy and A. Khan, “Relativistic impacts on tunnelling through multi-barrier systems,” Journal of Physics C, vol. 5, no. 41, pp. 7701–7708, 1993.
- B. H. J. McKellar and G. J. Stephenson Jr., “Relativistic quarks in one-dimensional periodic structures,” Physical Review C, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 2262–2271, 1987.
- M. Barbier, F. M. Peeters, P. Vasilopoulos, and J. Milton Pereira Jr., “Dirac and Klein-Gordon particles in one-dimensional periodic potentials,” Physical Review B, vol. 77, no. 11, Article ID 115446, 9 pages, 2008.
- M. I. Katsnelson, K. S. Novoselov, and A. K. Geim, “Chiral tunnelling and the Klein paradox in graphene,” Nature Physics, vol. 2, no. 9, pp. 620–625, 2006.
- P. Kennedy and N. Dombey, “Low momentum scattering in the Dirac equation,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 35, no. 31, pp. 6645–6657, 2002.
- Y. Jiang, S. H. Dong, A. Antillon, and M. Lozada-Cassou, “Low momentum scattering of the Dirac particlewith an asymmetric cusp potential,” The European Physical Journal C, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 525–528, 2006.
- P. Kennedy, “The Woods-Saxon potential in the Dirac equation,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 689–698, 2002.
- V. M. Villalba and W. Greiner, “Frustrated pulse-area quantization in accelerated superradiant atom-cavity systems,” Physical Review A, vol. 67, no. 6, Article ID 052707, 6 pages, 2003.
- S. Y. Zhou, G.-H. Gweon, A. V. Fedorov, et al., “Substrate-induced bandgap opening in epitaxial graphene,” Nature Materials, vol. 6, pp. 770–775, 2007.
- A. D. Alhaidari, A. Jellal E. B. Choubabi, and H. Bahlouli, “Dynamical mass generation via space compactification in graphene,” In press, http://arxiv.org/abs/1010.3437.
- V. M. Villalba and L. A. Gonzalez-Arraga, “Tunneling and transmission resonances of a Dirac particle by a double barrier,” Physica Scripta, vol. 81, Article ID 025010, 2010.
- C. Bai and X. Zhang, “Klein paradox and resonant tunneling in a graphene superlattice,” Physical Review B, vol. 76, no. 7, Article ID 075430, 7 pages, 2007.
- R. Zhu and Y. Guo, “Shot noise in the graphene-based double-barrier structures,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 91, no. 25, Article ID 252113, 3 pages, 2007.
- J. Milton Pereira, P. Vasilopoulos, and F. M. Peeters, “Graphene-based resonant-tunneling structures,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 90, no. 13, Article ID 132122, 3 pages, 2007.
- R. Biswas, S. Mukhopadhyay, and C. Sinha, “Biased driven resonant tunneling through a double barrier graphene based structure,” Physica E, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 1781–1786, 2010.