- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 129404, 5 pages
A Weighted Average Finite Difference Method for the Fractional Convection-Diffusion Equation
School of Mathematical Sciences, Anhui University, Hefei, Anhui 230601, China
Received 18 January 2013; Revised 8 April 2013; Accepted 3 June 2013
Academic Editor: R. de la Llave
Copyright © 2013 Lijuan Su and Pei Cheng. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. de la Sen, “Positivity and stability of the solutions of Caputo fractional linear time-invariant systems of any order with internal point delays,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2011, Article ID 161246, 25 pages, 2011.
- H. Yang, “Existence of mild solutions for a class of fractional evolution equations with compact analytic semigroup,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 903518, 15 pages, 2012.
- A. Ashyralyev, “A note on fractional derivatives and fractional powers of operators,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 357, no. 1, pp. 232–236, 2009.
- M. Raberto, E. Scalas, and F. Mainardi, “Waiting-times and returns in high-frequency financial data: an empirical study,” Physica A, vol. 314, no. 1–4, pp. 749–755, 2002.
- L. Sabatelli, S. Keating, J. Dudley, and P. Richmond, “Waiting time distributions in financial markets,” The European Physical Journal B, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 273–275, 2002.
- B. Baeumer, D. A. Benson, M. M. Meerschaert, and S. W. Wheatcraft, “Subordinated advection-dispersion equation for contaminant transport,” Water Resources Research, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 1543–1550, 2001.
- R. L. Magin, Fractional Calculus in Bioengineering, Begell House Publishers, New York, NY, USA, 2006.
- K. B. Oldham and J. Spanier, The Fractional Calculus, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1974.
- F. Mainardi, “Fractional relaxation-oscillation and fractional diffusion-wave phenomena,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 7, no. 9, pp. 1461–1477, 1996.
- B. I. Henry and S. L. Wearne, “Fractional reaction-diffusion,” Physica A, vol. 276, no. 3-4, pp. 448–455, 2000.
- D. A. Benson, S. W. Wheatcraft, and M. M. Meerschaert, “The fractional-order governing equation of Levy motion,” Water Resources Research, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 1413–1423, 2000.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- F. Liu, V. Anh, and I. Turner, “Numerical solution of the space fractional Fokker-Planck equation,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 166, no. 1, pp. 209–219, 2004.
- M. M. Meerschaert and C. Tadjeran, “Finite difference approximations for fractional advection-dispersion flow equations,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 172, no. 1, pp. 65–77, 2004.
- Ch. Lubich, “Discretized fractional calculus,” SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 704–719, 1986.
- T. A. M. Langlands and B. I. Henry, “The accuracy and stability of an implicit solution method for the fractional diffusion equation,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 205, no. 2, pp. 719–736, 2005.
- S. B. Yuste, “Weighted average finite difference methods for fractional diffusion equations,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 216, no. 1, pp. 264–274, 2006.
- Y. Lin and C. Xu, “Finite difference/spectral approximations for the time-fractional diffusion equation,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 225, no. 2, pp. 1533–1552, 2007.
- M. M. Meerschaert and C. Tadjeran, “Finite difference approximations for two-sided space-fractional partial differential equations,” Applied Numerical Mathematics, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 80–90, 2006.
- K. W. Morton and D. F. Mayers, Numerical Solution of Partial Differential Equations, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1994.
- L. Su, W. Wang, and Z. Yang, “Finite difference approximations for the fractional advection-diffusion equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 373, pp. 4405–4408, 2009.