- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 175232, 5 pages
An Equilibrium Model of Interbank Networks Based on Variational Inequalities
School of Economics and Management, Southeast University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 211189, China
Received 14 March 2013; Revised 15 October 2013; Accepted 16 October 2013
Academic Editor: Shao-Ming Fei
Copyright © 2013 Shouwei Li and Jianmin He. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Iori, G. De Masi, O. V. Precup, G. Gabbi, and G. Caldarelli, “A network analysis of the Italian overnight money market,” Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 259–278, 2008.
- M. Boss, H. Elsinger, M. Summer, and S. Thurner, “Network topology of the interbank market,” Quantitative Finance, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 677–684, 2004.
- H. Inaoka, H. Takayasu, T. Shimizu, T. Ninomiya, and K. Taniguchi, “Self-similarity of banking network,” Physica A, vol. 339, no. 3-4, pp. 621–634, 2004.
- C. Upper and A. Worms, “Estimating bilateral exposures in the German interbank market: is there a danger of contagion?” European Economic Review, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 827–849, 2004.
- M. Teteryatnikova, “Resilience of the interbank network to shocks and optimal bailout strategy: advantages of “tiered” banking systems,” European University Institute Working Paper, European University, Barcelona, Geneva, 2009.
- S. Li and J. He, “Fitness model for tiered structure in the interbank market,” Complexity, vol. 17, pp. 37–43, 2012.
- F. Allen and A. Babus, “Networks in finance,” in The Network Challenge, P. Kleindorfer, J. Wind, and R. E. Gunther, Eds., Wharton School, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 2009.
- G. Iori, S. Jafarey, and F. G. Padilla, “Systemic risk on the interbank market,” Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 525–542, 2006.
- E. Nier, J. Yang, T. Yorulmazer, and A. Alentorn, “Network models and financial stability,” Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 2033–2060, 2007.
- J. M. D. Canedo and S. M. Jaramillo, “A network model of systemic risk: stress testing the banking system,” Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, vol. 16, no. 1-2, pp. 87–110, 2009.
- P. Gai and S. Kapadia, “Contagion in financial networks,” Proceedings of the Royal Society A, vol. 466, no. 2120, pp. 2401–2423, 2010.
- R. M. May and N. Arinaminpathy, “Systemic risk: the dynamics of model banking systems,” Journal of the Royal Society Interface, vol. 7, no. 46, pp. 823–838, 2010.
- P. Berman, B. Dasgupta, L. Kaligounder, et al., “On vulnerability of banking networks,” http://arxiv.org/abs/1110.3546.
- P. Gai, A. Haldane, and S. Kapadia, “Complexity, concentration and contagion,” Journal of Monetary Economics, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 453–470, 2011.
- A. G. Haldane and R. M. May, “Systemic risk in banking ecosystems,” Nature, vol. 469, no. 7330, pp. 351–355, 2011.
- K. Anand, S. Brennan, P. Gai, et al., “A network model of financial system resilience,” Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, vol. 85, pp. 219–235, 2013.
- S. Heise and R. Kuehn, “Derivatives and credit contagion in interconnected networks,” The European Physical Journal B, vol. 85, pp. 1–19, 2012.
- S. Lenzu and G. Tedeschi, “Systemic risk on different interbank network topologies,” Physica A, vol. 391, no. 18, pp. 4331–4341, 2012.
- I. Mastromatteo, E. Zarinelli, and M. Marsili, “Reconstruction of financial networks for robust estimation of systemic risk,” Journal of Statistical Mechanics, vol. 2012, no. 3, Article ID P03011, 2012.
- K. Anand, P. Gai, and M. Marsili, “Financial crises and the evaporation of trust,” http://arxiv.org/abs/0911.3099.
- A. Nagurney, Network Economics: A Variational Inequality Approach, Second and Revised ed, Kluwer Academic, Dodrecht, The Netherlands, 1999.
- A. Nagurney, “Supernetworks: the science of complexity,” Journal of University of Shanghai for Science and Technology, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 205–228, 2011.
- A. Nagurney and K. Ke, “Financial networks with intermediation: risk management with variable weights,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 172, no. 1, pp. 40–63, 2006.