- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 187217, 14 pages
On a Nonsymmetric Keyfitz-Kranzer System of Conservation Laws with Generalized and Modified Chaplygin Gas Pressure Law
Department of Mathematics, Yunnan University, Kunming, Yunnan 650091, China
Received 2 June 2013; Revised 20 October 2013; Accepted 25 October 2013
Academic Editor: Stephen C. Anco
Copyright © 2013 Hongjun Cheng and Hanchun Yang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. C. Kranzer and B. L. Keyfitz, “A strictly hyperbolic system of conservation laws admitting singular shocks,” in Nonlinear Evolution Equations that Change Type, vol. 27, pp. 107–125, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1990.
- P. LeFloch, “An existence and uniqueness result for two nonstrictly hyperbolic systems,” in Nonlinear Evolution Equations that Change Type, vol. 27, pp. 126–138, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1990.
- D. C. Tan and T. Zhang, “Two-dimensional Riemann problem for a hyperbolic system of nonlinear conservation laws I. Four-J cases, II,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 111, no. 2, pp. 203–254, 1994.
- D. C. Tan, T. Zhang, and Y. X. Zheng, “Delta-shock waves as limits of vanishing viscosity for hyperbolic systems of conservation laws,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 112, no. 1, pp. 1–32, 1994.
- J. Li, T. Zhang, and S. Yang, The Two-Dimensional Riemann Problem in Gas Dynamics, vol. 98 of Pitman Monographs and Surveys in Pure and Applied Mathematics, Longman, 1998.
- H. Yang, “Riemann problems for a class of coupled hyperbolic systems of conservation laws,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 159, no. 2, pp. 447–484, 1999.
- G.-Q. Chen and H. Liu, “Formation of -shocks and vacuum states in the vanishing pressure limit of solutions to the Euler equations for isentropic fluids,” SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 925–938, 2003.
- G.-Q. Chen and H. Liu, “Concentration and cavitation in the vanishing pressure limit of solutions to the Euler equations for nonisentropic fluids,” Physica D, vol. 189, no. 1-2, pp. 141–165, 2004.
- V. M. Shelkovich, “The Riemann problem admitting -, -shocks, and vacuum states (the vanishing viscosity approach),” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 231, no. 2, pp. 459–500, 2006.
- L. Guo, W. Sheng, and T. Zhang, “The two-dimensional Riemann problem for isentropic Chaplygin gas dynamic system,” Communications on Pure and Applied Analysis, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 431–458, 2010.
- H. Cheng and H. Yang, “Delta shock waves in chromatography equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 380, no. 2, pp. 475–485, 2011.
- H. Cheng and H. Yang, “Riemann problem for the isentropic relativistic Chaplygin Euler equations,” Zeitschrift für Angewandte Mathematik und Physik, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 429–440, 2012.
- H. Yang and Y. Zhang, “New developments of delta shock waves and its applications in systems of conservation laws,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 252, no. 11, pp. 5951–5993, 2012.
- B. L. Keyfitz and H. C. Kranzer, “A system of nonstrictly hyperbolic conservation laws arising in elasticity theory,” Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 72, no. 3, pp. 219–241, 1980.
- Y.-g. Lu, “Existence of global bounded weak solutions to nonsymmetric systems of Keyfitz-Kranzer type,” Journal of Functional Analysis, vol. 261, no. 10, pp. 2797–2815, 2011.
- A. Aw and M. Rascle, “Resurrection of “second order” models of traffic flow,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 916–938, 2000.
- P. D. Lax, “Hyperbolic systems of conservation laws. II,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 10, pp. 537–566, 1957.
- P. D. Lax, Hyperbolic Systems of Conservation Laws and the Mathematical Theory of Shock Waves, vol. 11 of CBMS Regional Conference Series in Applied Mathematics, Society for industrial and Applied Mathematics, Philadelphia, 1973.
- H. Cheng, “Delta shock waves for a linearly degenerate hyperbolic system of conservation laws of Keyfitz-Kranzer type,” Advances in Mathematical Physics, vol. 2013, Article ID 958120, 10 pages, 2013.
- H. Nessyahu and E. Tadmor, “Nonoscillatory central differencing for hyperbolic conservation laws,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 87, no. 2, pp. 408–463, 1990.
- S. A. Chaplygin, “On gas jets,” Scientific Memoirs, Moscow University Mathematic Physics, vol. 21, no. 1063, pp. 1–121, 1904.
- H.-S. Tsien, “Two-dimensional subsonic flow of compressible fluids,” Journal of the Aeronautical Sciences, vol. 6, pp. 399–407, 1939.
- M. Bento, O. Bertolami, and A. Sen, “Generalized Chaplygin gas, accelerated expansion and dark energy-matter unification,” Physical Review D, vol. 66, Article ID 043507, 5 pages, 2002.
- H. Benaoum, “Accelerated universe from modified Chaplygin gas and tachyonic fluid,” High Energy Physics, 11 pages, 2002, http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/0205140.
- H. B. Benaoum, “Modified Chaplygin gas cosmology,” Advances in High Energy Physics, Article ID 357802, 12 pages, 2012.
- Y. Brenier, “Solutions with concentration to the Riemann problem for the one-dimensional Chaplygin gas equations,” Journal of Mathematical Fluid Mechanics, vol. 7, no. suppl. 3, pp. S326–S331, 2005.