- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 232160, 12 pages
Vibration Control of Fractionally-Damped Beam Subjected to a Moving Vehicle and Attached to Fractionally-Damped Multiabsorbers
1Mechanical Engineering Department, The University of Jordan, Amman 11942, Jordan
2Computer Engineering Department, The University of Jordan, Amman 11942, Jordan
Received 8 September 2013; Accepted 6 November 2013
Academic Editor: Ming Li
Copyright © 2013 Hashem S. Alkhaldi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. L. Bagley and P. J. Torvik, “On the appearance of the fractional derivative in the behavior of real materials,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 294–298, 1984.
- R. L. Bagley and P. J. Torvik, “On the fractional calculus model of viscoelastic behavior,” Journal of Rheology, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 133–155, 1986.
- E. G. Bakhoum and C. Toma, “Transient aspects of wave propagation connected with spatial coherence,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2013, Article ID 691257, 5 pages, 2013.
- C. Koh and J. M. Kelly, “Application of fractional derivatives to seismic analysis of base- isolated models,” Earthquake Engineering & Structural Dynamics, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 229–241, 1990.
- N. Makris and M. C. Constantinou, “Fractional-derivative Maxwell model for viscous dampers,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 117, no. 9, pp. 2708–2724, 1991.
- T. Pritz, “Five-parameter fractional derivative model for polymeric damping materials,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 265, no. 5, pp. 935–952, 2003.
- H. Qi and M. Xu, “Unsteady flow of viscoelastic fluid with fractional Maxwell model in a channel,” Mechanics Research Communications, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 210–212, 2007.
- N. Shimizu and W. Zhang, “Fractional calculus approach to dynamic problems of viscoelastic materials,” JSME International Journal C, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 825–837, 1999.
- M. Li, S. C. Lim, and S. Y. Chen, “Exact solution of impulse response to a class of fractional oscillators and its stability,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 657839, 9 pages, 2011.
- M. Li, C. Cattani, and S. Y. Chen, “Viewing sea level by a one-dimensional random function with long memory,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 654284, 13 pages, 2011.
- M. Li, “Fractal time series: a tutorial review,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 157264, 26 pages, 2010.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Representation of a stochastic traffic bound,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 1368–1372, 2010.
- M. Li, “Approximating ideal filters by systems of fractional order,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 365054, 6 pages, 2012.
- M. Li, Y. Q. Chen, J. Y. Li, and W. Zhao, “Hölder scales of sea level,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 863707, 22 pages, 2012.
- M. Li, S. C. Lim, C. Cattani, and M. Scalia, “Characteristic roots of a class of fractional oscillators,” Advances in High Energy Physics, vol. 2013, Article ID 853925, 7 pages, 2013.
- C. Toma, “Wavelets-computational aspects of sterian-realistic approach to uncertainty principle in high energy physics-A transient approach,” Advances in High Energy Physics, vol. 2013, Article ID 735452, 6 pages, 2013.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “On 1/f noise,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 673648, 23 pages, 2012.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Visiting power laws in cyber-physical networking systems,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 302786, 13 pages, 2012.
- M. Li, W. Zhao, and C. Cattani, “Delay bound: fractal traffic passes through servers,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2013, Article ID 157636, 15 pages, 2013.
- H. Sheng, Y. Q. Chen, and T. S. Qiu, Fractional Processes and Fractional Order Signal Processing, Springer, 2012.
- R. Abu-Mallouh, I. Abu-Alshaikh, H. S. Zibdeh, and K. Ramadan, “Response of fractionally damped beams with general boundary conditions subjected to moving loads,” Shock and Vibration, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 333–347, 2012.
- B. N. N. Achar, J. W. Hanneken, and T. Clarke, “Damping characteristics of a fractional oscillator,” Physica A, vol. 339, no. 3-4, pp. 311–319, 2004.
- O. P. Agrawal, “Analytical solution for stochastic response of a fractionally damped beam,” Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, vol. 126, no. 4, pp. 561–566, 2004.
- S. S. Ray, B. P. Poddar, and R. K. Bera, “Analytical solution of a dynamic system containing fractional derivative of order one-half by adomian decomposition method,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 290–295, 2005.
- K. S. Fa, “A falling body problem through the air in view of the fractional derivative approach,” Physica A, vol. 350, no. 2–4, pp. 199–206, 2005.
- A. Chatterjee, “Statistical origins of fractional derivatives in viscoelasticity,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 284, no. 3–5, pp. 1239–1245, 2005.
- E. Goldfain, “Fractional dynamics and the Standard Model for particle physics,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 1397–1404, 2008.
- A. Hernández-Jiménez, J. Hernández-Santiago, A. Macias-García, and J. Sánchez-González, “Relaxation modulus in PMMA and PTFE fitting by fractional Maxwell model,” Polymer Testing, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 325–331, 2002.
- E. Savin, “Dynamic amplification factor and response spectrum for the evaluation of vibrations of beams under successive moving loads,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 248, no. 2, pp. 267–288, 2001.
- Y. B. Yang and C. W. Lin, “Vehicle-bridge interaction dynamics and potential applications,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 284, no. 1-2, pp. 205–226, 2005.
- H. S. Zibdeh and R. Rackwitz, “Moving loads on beams with general boundary conditions,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 195, no. 1, pp. 85–102, 1996.
- L. Fryba, Vibration of Solids and Structures under Moving Loads, Noordhoff International Publishing, Groningen, The Netherlands, 1972.
- Y. Chen, C. A. Tan, and L. A. Bergman, “Effects of boundary flexibility on the vibration of a continuum with a moving oscillator,” Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, Transactions of the ASME, vol. 124, no. 4, pp. 552–560, 2002.
- M. Olsson, “On the fundamental moving load problem,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 145, no. 2, pp. 299–307, 1991.
- M. A. Foda and Z. Abduljabbar, “A dynamic green function formulation for the response of a beam structure to a moving mass,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 210, no. 3, pp. 295–306, 1998.
- H. P. Lee, “Dynamic response of a beam with a moving mass,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 191, no. 2, pp. 289–294, 1996.
- G. Michaltsos, D. Sophianopoulos, and A. N. Kounadis, “The effect of a moving mass and other parameters on the dynamic response of a simply supported beam,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 191, no. 3, pp. 357–362, 1996.
- S. Sadiku and H. H. E. Leipholz, “On the dynamics of elastic systems with moving concentrated masses,” Ingenieur-Archiv, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 223–242, 1987.
- A. V. Pesterev and L. A. Bergman, “An improved series expansion of the solution to the moving oscillator problem,” Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, vol. 122, no. 1, pp. 54–61, 2000.
- B. Yang, C. A. Tan, and L. A. Bergman, “Direct numerical procedure for solution of moving oscillator problems,” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, vol. 126, no. 6, pp. 462–469, 2000.
- Y. B. Yang and Y. S. Wu, “A versatile element for analyzing vehicle-bridge interaction response,” Engineering Structures, vol. 23, pp. 452–469, 2001.
- F. Samani, F. Pellicano, and A. Masoumi, “Performance of nonlinear vibration absorbers for beams under moving vehicles,” ENOC 2011, Rome, Italy, July 2011.
- D. Stǎncioiu, H. Ouyang, and J. E. Mottershead, “Vibration of a beam excited by a moving oscillator considering separation and reattachment,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 310, no. 4-5, pp. 1128–1140, 2008.
- J. W. Nicholson and L. A. Bergman, “Free vibration of combined dynamical systems,” ASCE Journal of Engineering Mechanics, vol. 112, no. 1, pp. 1–13, 1986.
- Z.-F. Liang and X.-Y. Tang, “Analytical solution of fractionally damped beam by Adomian decomposition method,” Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 219–228, 2007.
- M. A. Hilal and H. S. Zibdeh, “Vibration analysis of beams with general boundary conditions traversed by a moving force,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 229, no. 2, pp. 377–388, 2000.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- Y. L. Luke, The Special Functions and Their Approximations, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1969.
- G. Venkatesan, Dynamic behavior of bridge structure under moving load [Ph.D. thesis], University of Oklahoma, 2009.
- F. S. Samani and F. Pellicano, “Vibration reduction on beams subjected to moving loads using linear and nonlinear dynamic absorbers,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 325, no. 4-5, pp. 742–754, 2009.
- J.-J. Wu, “Study on the inertia effect of helical spring of the absorber on suppressing the dynamic responses of a beam subjected to a moving load,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 297, no. 3–5, pp. 981–999, 2006.
- A. N. Al-Rabadi, “Carbon nanotube (CNT) multiplexers, circuits, and actuators,” United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), Patent no. US 7, 508, 039 B2, March 2009.
- C. Cattani and A. Ciancio, “Separable transition density in the hybrid model for tumor-immune system competition,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 610124, 6 pages, 2012.
- C. Cattani, A. Ciancio, and B. Lods, “On a mathematical model of immune competition,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 678–683, 2006.
- O. M. Abuzeid, A. N. Al-Rabadi, and H. S. Alkhaldi, “Recent advancements in fractal geometric-based nonlinear time series solutions to the micro-quasistatic thermoviscoelastic creep for rough surfaces in contact,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 691270, 29 pages, 2011.