- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 239254, 8 pages
Application of the Asymptotic Taylor Expansion Method to Bistable Potentials
Department of Engineering Physics, Faculty of Engineering, University of Gaziantep, 27310 Gaziantep, Turkey
Received 15 April 2013; Accepted 15 July 2013
Academic Editor: Fedele Lizzi
Copyright © 2013 Okan Ozer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Schrödinger, “Quantisierung als Eigenwertproblem,” Annalen der Physik, vol. 79, no. 4, pp. 361–376, 1926.
- Y. P. Varshni, “Eigenenergies and oscillator strengths for the Hulthén potential,” Physical Review A, vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 4682–4689, 1990.
- M. A. Nunez, “Accurate computation of eigenfunctions for Schrödinger operators associated with Coulomb-type potentials,” Physical Review A, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 3620–3631, 1993.
- C. Stubbins, “Bound states of the Hulthén and Yukawa potentials,” Physical Review A, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 220–227, 1993.
- P. Matthys and H. de Meyer, “Dynamical-group approach to the Hulthén potential,” Physical Review A, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 1168–1171, 1988.
- Y. P. Varshni, “Relative convergences of the WKB and SWKB approximations,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 25, no. 21, pp. 5761–5777, 1992.
- G. A. Dobrovolsky and R. S. Tutik, “Regularization of the WKB integrals,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 33, no. 37, pp. 6593–6599, 2000.
- A. Z. Tang and F. T. Chan, “Shifted 1/N expansion for the Hulthén potential,” Physical Review A, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 911–814, 1987.
- R. K. Roychoudhury and Y. P. Varshni, “Shifted 1/N expansion and exact solutions for the potential ,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 21, no. 13, pp. 3025–3034, 1988.
- A. F. Nikiforov and V. B. Uvarov, Special Functions of Mathematical Physics, Birkhäuser, Basel, Switzerland, 1988.
- B. Gönül and K. Köksal, “A search on the Nikiforov-Uvarov formalism,” Physica Scripta, vol. 75, no. 5, pp. 686–690, 2007.
- B. Gönül, O. Özer, Y. Cançelik, and M. Koçak, “Hamiltonian hierarchy and the Hulthén potential,” Physics Letters A, vol. 275, no. 4, pp. 238–243, 2000.
- S. W. Qian, B. W. Huang, and Z. Y. Gu, “Supersymmetry and shape invariance of the effective screened potential,” New Journal of Physics, vol. 4, article 13, 2002.
- A. K. Roy, “The generalized pseudospectral approach to the bound states of the Hulthén and the Yukawa potentials,” Pramana Journal of Physics, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 1–15, 2005.
- H. Ciftci, R. L. Hall, and N. Saad, “Asymptotic iteration method for eigenvalue problems,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 36, no. 47, pp. 11807–11816, 2003.
- C. S. Lai and W. C. Lin, “Energies of the Hulthén potential for l≠ 0,” Physics Letters A, vol. 78, no. 4, pp. 335–337, 1980.
- S. H. Patil, “Energy levels of screened Coulomb and Hulthen potentials,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 17, no. 3, article 575, 1984.
- B. Roy and R. Roychoudhury, “The shifted 1/N expansion and the energy eigenvalues of the Hulthen potential for l not = 0,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 20, no. 10, p. 3051, 1987.
- R. L. Greene and C. Aldrich, “Variational wave functions for a screened Coulomb potential,” Physical Review A, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 2363–2366, 1976.
- U. Myhrman, “A recurrence formula for obtaining certain matrix elements in the base of eigenfunctions of the Hamiltonian for a particular screened potential,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 263–270, 1983.
- A. Bechlert and W. Bhring, “Analytic model of atomic screening based on a generalised Hulthen potential,” Journal of Physics B, vol. 21, no. 5, p. 817, 1988.
- R. Koç and S. Sayın, “Remarks on the solution of the position-dependent mass Schrödinger equation,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 43, no. 45, Article ID 455203, 8 pages, 2012.
- M. Razavy, “An exactly soluble Schrödinger equation with a bistable potential,” American Journal of Physics, vol. 48, no. 4, p. 285, 1980.
- Q.-T. Xie, “New quasi-exactly solvable double-well potentials,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 45, no. 17, Article ID 175302, 7 pages, 2012.
- B. U. Felderhof, “Diffusion in a bistable potential,” Physica A, vol. 387, no. 21, pp. 5017–5023, 2008.
- H. Ciftci, O. Ozer, and P. Roy, “Asymptotic iteration approach to supersymmetric bistable potentials,” Chinese Physics B, vol. 21, no. 1, Article ID 010303, 2012.
- T. Barakat, “The asymptotic iteration method for the eigenenergies of the anharmonic oscillator potential ,” Physics Letters A, vol. 344, no. 6, pp. 411–417, 2005.
- A. J. Sous, “Solution for the eigenenergies of sextic anharmonic oscillator potential ,” Modern Physics Letters A, vol. 21, no. 21, pp. 1675–1682, 2006.
- T. Barakat and O. M. Al-Dossary, “The asymptotic iteration method for the eigenenergies of the asymmetrical quantum anharmonic oscillator potentials ,” International Journal of Modern Physics A, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 203–212, 2007.
- T. Brook, Methodus Incrementorum Directa et Inversa (Direct and Reverse Methods of Incrementation), impensis Gulielmi Innys, London, UK, 1715.
- D. J. Struik, A Source Book in Mathematics, Translated into English, University Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1969.
- Wolfram Research, Mathematica, Version 8. 0, Wolfram Research, Champaign, Ill, USA, 2010.
- J. P. Boyd, “The devil's invention: asymptotic, superasymptotic and hyperasymptotic series,” Acta Applicandae Mathematicae, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 1–98, 1999.
- C. S. Hsue and J. L. Chern, “Two-step approach to one-dimensional anharmonic oscillators,” Physical Review D, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 643–647, 1984.
- G. P. Flessas, R. R. Whitehead, and A. Rigas, “On the interaction,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 85–97, 1983.
- R. A. Bonham and L. S. Su, “Use of Hellmann-Feynman and hypervirial theorems to obtain anharmonic vibration-rotation expectation values and their application to gas diffraction,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 45, no. 8, p. 2827, 1996.
- M. Reed and B. Simon, Methods of Modern Mathematical Physics, IV: Analysis of Operators, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1978.
- N. Aquino, “Asymptotic series for the quantum quartic anharmonic oscillator,” Journal of Mathematical Chemistry, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 349–357, 1995.
- B. Bacus, Y. Meurice, and A. Soemadi, “Precise determination of the energy levels of the anharmonic oscillator from the quantization of the angle variable,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 28, no. 14, pp. L381–L385, 1995.
- B. Gönül, N. Çelik, and E. Olğar, “A new algebraic approach to perturbation theory,” Modern Physics Letters A, vol. 20, no. 22, pp. 1683–1694, 2005.
- R. Koc and E. Olgar, 2010, Preprint math-ph/1008.0697.
- K. Banerjee, “General anharmonic oscillators,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of London A, vol. 364, no. 1717, pp. 265–275, 1978.
- G. R. P. Borges, E. D. Filho, and R. M. Ricotta, “Variational supersymmetric approach to evaluate Fokker-Planck probability,” Physica A, vol. 389, no. 18, pp. 3892–3899, 2010.
- A. Khare and Y. P. Varshni, “Is shape invariance also necessary for lowest order supersymmetric WKB to be exact?” Physics Letters A, vol. 142, no. 1, pp. 1–4, 1989.
- F. So and K. L. Liu, “Study of the Fokker-Planck equation of bistable systems by the method of state-dependent diagonalization,” Physica A, vol. 277, no. 3, pp. 335–348, 2000.