- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 290216, 11 pages
Time Fractional Schrodinger Equation Revisited
Physics Department, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN 38152, USA
Received 29 April 2013; Revised 1 July 2013; Accepted 2 July 2013
Academic Editor: Dumitru Baleanu
Copyright © 2013 B. N. Narahari Achar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. B. Oldham and J. Spanier, The Fractional Calculus, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1974.
- K. S. Miller and B. Ross, An Introduction to the Fractional Calculus and Fractional Differential Equations, A Wiley-Interscience Publication, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 198 of Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- S. G. Samko, A. A. Kilbas, and O. I. Marichev, Fractional Integrals and Derivatives: Theory and Applications, Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, Yverdon, Switzerland, 1993.
- A. Carpinteri and F. Mainardi, Fractals and Fractional Calculus in Continuum Mechanics, vol. 378 of CISM Courses and Lectures, Springer, Vienna, Austria, 1997.
- R. Hilfer, Applications of Fractional Calculus in Physics, World Scientific Publishing, River Edge, NJ, USA, 2000.
- B. J. West, M. Bologna, and P. Grigolini, Physics of Fractal Operators, Institute for Nonlinear Science, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- R. L. Magin, Fractional Calculus in Bioengineering, Begell House, Redding, Conn, USA, 2006.
- L. Debnath and D. Bhatta, Integral Transforms and Their Applications, Chapman & Hall/CRC, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2nd edition, 2007.
- R. Hermann, Fractional Calculus, World Scientific, Singapore, 2011.
- A. B. Malinowska and D. F. M. Torres, Introduction to the Fractional Calculus of Variations, Imperial College Press, London, UK, 2012.
- D. Baleanu, K. Diethelm, E. Scalas, and J. J. Trujillo, Fractional Calculus: Models and Numerical Methods, vol. 3 of Series on Complexity, Nonlinearity and Chaos, World Scientific Publishing, Hackensack, NJ, USA, 2012.
- A. K. GolmanKhaneh, Investigations in Dynamics:With Focus on Fractal Dynamics, Lap Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012.
- N. Laskin, “Fractional quantum mechanics,” Physical Review E, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 3135–3145, 2000.
- N. Laskin, “Fractional quantum mechanics and Lévy path integrals,” Physics Letters A, vol. 268, no. 4–6, pp. 298–305, 2000.
- N. Laskin, “Fractional Schrödinger equation,” Physical Review E, vol. 66, no. 5, Article ID 056108, 7 pages, 2002.
- N. Laskin, “Fractals and quantum mechanics,” Chaos, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 780–790, 2000.
- N. Laskin, “Principles of fractional quantum mechanics,” http://arxiv.org/abs/1009.5533.
- M. Naber, “Time fractional Schrödinger equation,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 45, no. 8, pp. 3339–3352, 2004.
- R. K. Saxena, R. Saxena, and S. L. Kalla, “Solution of space-time fractional Schrödinger equation occurring in quantum mechanics,” Fractional Calculus & Applied Analysis, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 177–190, 2010.
- S. Wang and M. Xu, “Generalized fractional Schrödinger equation with space-time fractional derivatives,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 48, no. 4, Article ID 043502, 10 pages, 2007.
- J. Dong and M. Xu, “Space-time fractional Schrödinger equation with time-independent potentials,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 344, no. 2, pp. 1005–1017, 2008.
- X. Guo and M. Xu, “Some physical applications of fractional Schrödinger equation,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 47, no. 8, Article ID 082104, 9 pages, 2006.
- X. Y. Jiang, “Time-space fractional Schrödinger like equation with a nonlocal term,” European Physical Journal: Special Topics, vol. 193, no. 1, pp. 61–70, 2011.
- J. Dong, “Fractional Green's function for the time-dependent scattering problem in the space-time-fractional quantum mechanics,” http://arxiv.org/abs/1301.3206.
- J. Dong and M. Xu, “Applications of continuity and discontinuity of a fractional derivative of the wave functions to fractional quantum mechanics,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 49, no. 5, Article ID 052105, 16 pages, 2008.
- E. Scalas, D. Baleanu, F. Mainardi, and A. Mura, “Fractional calculus and the Schrodinger equation,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IFAC Workshop on Fractional Differentiation and Its Applications, Porto, Portugal, July 2006.
- M. Bhatti, “Fractional Schrödinger wave equation and fractional uncertainty principle,” International Journal of Contemporary Mathematical Sciences, vol. 2, no. 17–20, pp. 943–950, 2007.
- S. Wang, M. Xu, and X. Li, “Green's function of time fractional diffusion equation and its applications in fractional quantum mechanics,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 1081–1086, 2009.
- A. Tofighi, “Probability structure of time fractional schrodinger equation,” Acta Physica Polonica A, vol. 116, no. 2, pp. 114–118, 2009.
- A. Iomin, “On fractional time quantum dynamics,” Physical Review E, vol. 80, no. 2, Article ID 022103, 4 pages, 2009.
- A. Iomin, “Fractional-time Schrödinger equation: fractional dynamics on a comb,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 44, no. 4-5, pp. 348–352, 2011.
- A. M. Shahin, E. Ahmed, and Y. A. Omar, “On fractional order quantum mechanics,” International Journal of Nonlinear Science, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 469–472, 2009.
- P. Rozmej and B. Bandrowski, “On fractional Schrödinger equation,” Computational Methods in Science and Technology, vol. 16, pp. 191–194, 2010.
- H. Ertik, D. Demirhan, H. Şirin, and F. Büyükkılıç, “Time fractional development of quantum systems,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 51, no. 8, Article ID 082102, 15 pages, 2010.
- S. I. Muslih, O. P. Agrawal, and D. Baleanu, “A fractional Schrödinger equation and its solution,” International Journal of Theoretical Physics, vol. 49, no. 8, pp. 1746–1752, 2010.
- V. B. L. Chaurasia and D. Kumar, “Solutions of Unified fractional Schrödinger equation,” ISRN Mathematical Physics, vol. 2012, Article ID 935365, 7 pages, 2012.
- A. K. Mahata, “On fractional Schrödinger equation and its application,” International Journal of Scientific Engineering Research, vol. 4, pp. 1–5, 2013.
- A. L. de Paoli and M. C. Rocca, “The fractionary Schrödinger equation, Green functions and ultradistributions,” Physica A, vol. 392, no. 1, pp. 111–122, 2013.
- E. C. Oliveira, F. S. Costa, and J. Vaz Jr., “The fractional Schrödinger equation for delta potentials,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 51, no. 12, Article ID 123517, 16 pages, 2010.
- K. M. Kolwankar and A. D. Gangal, “Fractional differentiability of nowhere differentiable functions and dimensions,” Chaos, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 505–513, 1996.
- X. J. Yang, D. Baleanu, and J. A. T. Machado, “Mathematical aspects of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle within local fractional Fourier analysis,” Boundary Value Problems, vol. 2013, article 131, 2013.
- R. P. Feynman and A. R. Hibbs, Quantum Mechanics and Path Integrals, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1965.
- H. Kleinert, Path Integrals in Quantum Mechanics, Statistics, Polymer Physics, and Financial Markets, World Scientific Publishing, Singapore, 2006.
- L. S. Schulman, Techniques and Applications of Path Integration, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1981.
- M. Kac, Probability and Related Topics in Physical Sciences, Interscience, London, UK, 1957.
- B. N. Narahari Achar, J. W. Hanneken, N. Becker, and M. Morgan, “Intrinsic dissipation in fractional order dynamics,” in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Fractional Differentiation and Its Applications (FDA '10), Badajoz, Spain, October 2010.
- B. N. Narahari Achar and J. W. Hanneken, “Fractional order dynamics under gravity,” in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Fractional Differentiation and Its Applications (FDA '10), Badajoz, Spain, October 2010.
- L. I. Schiff, Quantum Mechanics, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1968.
- F. Mainardi, P. Paradisi, and R. Gorenflo, “Probability distributions generated by fractional order diffusion equations,” in Econophysics: An Emerging Science, J. Kertesz and I. Kondov, Eds., Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1998.
- R. Gorenflo, A. Iskenderov, and Y. Luchko, “Mapping between solutions of fractional diffusion-wave equations,” Fractional Calculus & Applied Analysis, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 75–86, 2000.
- F. Mainardi, Y. Luchko, and G. Pagnini, “The fundamental solution of the space-time fractional diffusion equation,” Fractional Calculus & Applied Analysis, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 153–192, 2001.
- F. Mainardi, “The time fractional diffusion-wave equation,” Radiofisica, vol. 38, no. 1-2, pp. 20–36, 1996.
- F. Mainardi, “The fundamental solutions for the fractional diffusion-wave equation,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 23–28, 1996.
- F. Mainardi and G. Pagnini, “The role of the Fox-Wright functions in fractional sub-diffusion of distributed order,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 207, no. 2, pp. 245–257, 2007.
- F. Mainardi, A. Mura, and G. Pagnini, “The M-Wright function in time-fractional diffusion processes: a tutorial survey,” International Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 2010, Article ID 104505, 29 pages, 2010.
- R. Gorenflo, Y. Luchko, and F. Mainardi, “Analytical properties and applications of the Wright function,” Fractional Calculus & Applied Analysis, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 383–414, 1999.
- R. Gorenflo, F. Mainardi, D. Moretti, G. Pagnini, and P. Paradisi, “Fractional diffusion: probability distributions and random walk models,” Physica A, vol. 305, no. 1-2, pp. 106–112, 2002.
- F. Mainardi, Fractional Calculus and Waves in Linear Viscoelasticity: An Introduction to Mathematical Models, Imperial College Press, London, UK, 2010.