- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 423718, 7 pages
Conservative Linear Difference Scheme for Rosenau-KdV Equation
1School of Mathematics and Computer Engineering, Xihua University, Chengdu 610039, China
2School of Mathematics, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610064, China
Received 5 February 2013; Accepted 22 March 2013
Academic Editor: Hagen Neidhardt
Copyright © 2013 Jinsong Hu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Cui and D.-k. Mao, “Numerical method satisfying the first two conservation laws for the Korteweg-de Vries equation,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 227, no. 1, pp. 376–399, 2007.
- S. Zhu and J. Zhao, “The alternating segment explicit-implicit scheme for the dispersive equation,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 657–662, 2001.
- A. R. Bahadır, “Exponential finite-difference method applied to Korteweg-de Vries equation for small times,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 160, no. 3, pp. 675–682, 2005.
- S. Özer and S. Kutluay, “An analytical-numerical method for solving the Korteweg-de Vries equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 164, no. 3, pp. 789–797, 2005.
- P. Rosenau, “A quasi-continuous description of a nonlinear transmission line,” Physica Scripta, vol. 34, pp. 827–829, 1986.
- P. Rosenau, “Dynamics of dense discrete systems,” Progress of Theoretical Physics, vol. 79, pp. 1028–1042, 1988.
- M. A. Park, “On the Rosenau equation,” Matemática Aplicada e Computacional, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 145–152, 1990.
- S. K. Chung and S. N. Ha, “Finite element Galerkin solutions for the Rosenau equation,” Applicable Analysis, vol. 54, no. 1-2, pp. 39–56, 1994.
- K. Omrani, F. Abidi, T. Achouri, and N. Khiari, “A new conservative finite difference scheme for the Rosenau equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 201, no. 1-2, pp. 35–43, 2008.
- S. K. Chung, “Finite difference approximate solutions for the Rosenau equation,” Applicable Analysis, vol. 69, no. 1-2, pp. 149–156, 1998.
- S. K. Chung and A. K. Pani, “Numerical methods for the Rosenau equation,” Applicable Analysis, vol. 77, no. 3-4, pp. 351–369, 2001.
- S. A. V. Manickam, A. K. Pani, and S. K. Chung, “A second-order splitting combined with orthogonal cubic spline collocation method for the Rosenau equation,” Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 695–716, 1998.
- Y. D. Kim and H. Y. Lee, “The convergence of finite element Galerkin solution for the Roseneau equation,” The Korean Journal of Computational & Applied Mathematics, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 171–180, 1998.
- J.-M. Zuo, “Solitons and periodic solutions for the Rosenau-KdV and Rosenau-Kawahara equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 215, no. 2, pp. 835–840, 2009.
- A. Esfahani, “Solitary wave solutions for generalized Rosenau-KdV equation,” Communications in Theoretical Physics, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 396–398, 2011.
- P. Razborova, H. Triki, and A. Biswas, “Perturbation of dispersive shallow water waves,” Ocean Engineering, vol. 63, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- G. Ebadi, A. Mojaver, H. Triki, A. Yildirim, and A. Biswas, “Topological solitons and other solutions of the Rosenau-KdV equation with power law nonlinearity,” Romanian Journal of Physics, vol. 58, no. 1-2, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- T. Wang, L. Zhang, and F. Chen, “Conservative schemes for the symmetric regularized long wave equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 190, no. 2, pp. 1063–1080, 2007.
- S. Li and L. Vu-Quoc, “Finite difference calculus invariant structure of a class of algorithms for the nonlinear Klein-Gordon equation,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 1839–1875, 1995.
- Q. Chang, E. Jia, and W. Sun, “Difference schemes for solving the generalized nonlinear Schrödinger equation,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 148, no. 2, pp. 397–415, 1999.
- T.-C. Wang and L.-M. Zhang, “Analysis of some new conservative schemes for nonlinear Schrödinger equation with wave operator,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 182, no. 2, pp. 1780–1794, 2006.
- T. Wang, B. Guo, and L. Zhang, “New conservative difference schemes for a coupled nonlinear Schrödinger system,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 4, pp. 1604–1619, 2010.
- L. Zhang, “A finite difference scheme for generalized regularized long-wave equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 168, no. 2, pp. 962–972, 2005.
- Z. Fei and L. Vázquez, “Two energy conserving numerical schemes for the sine-Gordon equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 17–30, 1991.
- Y. S. Wong, Q. Chang, and L. Gong, “An initial-boundary value problem of a nonlinear Klein-Gordon equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 77–93, 1997.
- Q. S. Chang, B. L. Guo, and H. Jiang, “Finite difference method for generalized Zakharov equations,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 64, no. 210, pp. 537–553, 1995.
- J. Hu and K. Zheng, “Two conservative difference schemes for the generalized Rosenau equation,” Boundary Value Problems, Article ID 543503, 18 pages, 2010.
- X. Pan and L. Zhang, “On the convergence of a conservative numerical scheme for the usual Rosenau-RLW equation,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 3371–3378, 2012.
- X. Pan and L. Zhang, “Numerical simulation for general Rosenau-RLW equation: an average linearized conservative scheme,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 517818, 15 pages, 2012.
- T. Wang and B. Guo, “A robust semi-explicit difference scheme for the Kuramoto-Tsuzuki equation,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 233, no. 4, pp. 878–888, 2009.
- B. Hu, J. Hu, and Y. Xu, “C-N difference schemes for dissipative symmetric regularized long wave equations with damping term,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 651642, 16 pages, 2011.