- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 429835, 7 pages
Numerical Fractional-Calculus Model for Two-Phase Flow in Fractured Media
1Department of Mathematics, Shanghai University, Shanghai 200444, China
2School of Mathematics and Statistics, Hubei Engineering University, Xiaogan, Hubei 432000, China
Received 17 May 2013; Revised 13 July 2013; Accepted 13 July 2013
Academic Editor: H. Srivastava
Copyright © 2013 Wenwen Zhong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. G. Baca, R. C. Arnett, and D. W. Langford, “Modelling fluid flow in fractured-porous rock masses by finite-element techniques,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 337–348, 1984.
- G. I. Barenblatt, I. P. Zheltov, and I. N. Kochina, “Basic concepts in the theory of seepage of homogeneous liquids in fissured rocks [strata],” Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 1286–1303, 1960.
- Z. Chen, G. Huan, and Y. Ma, Computational Methods for Multiphase Flows in Porous Media, SIAM, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2006.
- H. Hoteit and A. Firoozabadi, “An efficient numerical model for incompressible two-phase flow in fractured media,” Advances in Water Resources, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 891–905, 2008.
- H. Kazemi, “Pressure transient analysis of naturally fractured reservoirs with uniform fracture distribution,” SPE Journal, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 451–462, 1969.
- S. H. Lee, C. L. Jensen, and M. F. Lough, “Efficient finite-difference model for flow in a reservoir with multiple length-scale fractures,” SPE Journal, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 268–275, 2000.
- J. Noorishad and M. Mehran, “An upstream finite element method for solution of transient transport equation in fractured porous media,” Water Resources Research, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 588–596, 1982.
- K. Pruess and T. N. Narasimhan, “A practical method for modeling fluid and heat flow in fractured porous media,” SPE Journal, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 14–26, 1985.
- S. Sun, A. Firoozabadi, and J. Kou, “Numerical modeling of two-phase binary fluid mixing using mixed finite elements,” Computational Geosciences, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 1101–1124, 2012.
- L. K. Thomas, T. N. Dixon, and R. G. Pierson, “Fractured reservoir simulation,” SPE Journal, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 42–54, 1983.
- J. E. Warren and P. J. Root, “The behavior of naturally fractured reservoirs,” SPE Journal, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 245–255, 1963.
- E. di Giuseppe, M. Moroni, and M. Caputo, “Flux in porous media with memory: models and experiments,” Transport in Porous Media, vol. 83, no. 3, pp. 479–500, 2010.
- M. Caputo, “Models of flux in porous media with memory,” Water Resources Research, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 693–705, 2000.
- R. Garra, “Fractional-calculus model for temperature and pressure waves in fluid-saturated porous rocks,” Physical Review E, vol. 84, no. 3, Article ID 036605, 6 pages, 2011.
- K. Diethelm, N. J. Ford, A. D. Freed, and Yu. Luchko, “Algorithms for the fractional calculus: a selection of numerical methods,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 194, no. 6–8, pp. 743–773, 2005.
- H. Ding and C. Li, “Mixed spline function method for reaction-subdiffusion equations,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 242, pp. 103–123, 2013.
- C. Li, A. Chen, and J. Ye, “Numerical approaches to fractional calculus and fractional ordinary differential equation,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 230, no. 9, pp. 3352–3368, 2011.
- Z. Chen, G. Huan, and B. Li, “An improved IMPES method for two-phase flow in porous media,” Transport in Porous Media, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 361–376, 2004.
- X.-J. Yang, H. M. Srivastava, J.-H. He, and D. Baleanu, “Cantor-type cylindrical-coordinate method for differential equations with local fractional derivatives,” Physics Letters A, vol. 377, no. 28–30, pp. 1696–1700, 2013.
- K. H. Coats, “Reservoir simulation: state-of-the-art,” Journal of Petroleum Technology, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 1633–1642, 1982.
- R. G. Fagin and C. H. Stewart Jr., “A new approach to the two-dimensional multiphase reservoir simulator,” SPE Journal, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 175–182, 1966.
- P. A. Forsyth Jr. and P. H. Sammon, “Quadratic convergence for cell-centered grids,” Applied Numerical Mathematics, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 377–394, 1988.
- J. Kou, S. Sun, and B. Yu, “Multiscale time-splitting strategy for multiscale multiphysics processes of two-phase flow in fractured media,” Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2011, Article ID 861905, 24 pages, 2011.
- H. Hoteit and A. Firoozabadi, “Numerical modeling of two-phase flow in heterogeneous permeable media with different capillarity pressures,” Advances in Water Resources, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 56–73, 2008.