- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 467215, 8 pages
An Effective Interval-Valued Intuitionistic Fuzzy Entropy to Evaluate Entrepreneurship Orientation of Online P2P Lending Platforms
Business School, Central South University, Changsha 410083, China
Received 25 January 2013; Accepted 2 August 2013
Academic Editor: Christian Maes
Copyright © 2013 Xiaohong Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Bachmann, A. Becker, D. Buerckner et al., “Online peer-to-peer lending—a literature review,” Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, vol. 16, no. 2, 2011.
- M. Herzenstein, R. L. Andrews, U. M. Dholakia, and E. Lyandres, “The democratization of personal consumer loans? Determinants of success in online peer-to-peer lending communities,” SSRN Working Paper, 2008.
- M. Klafft, “Peer to peer lending: auctioning microcredits over the internet,” SSRN Working Paper, 2008.
- I. Galloway, “Peer-to-peer lending and community development finance,” Community Development Investment Center Working Paper, 2009.
- S. Kumar, Bank of One: Empirical Analysis of Peer-To-Peer Financial Marketplace, Association for Information Systems, Keystone, Colo, USA, 2007.
- M. Lin, Peer-To-Peer Lending: An Empirical Study, Association for Information Systems, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 2009.
- L. Larrimore, L. Jiang, S. Gorski, D. Markowitz, J. Zhao, and K. Canlas, “Making an Offer They Can’t Refuse: How Borrower Language in Peer-to-Peer Lending Impacts Funding,” TOP 3 Student Paper.
- J. Duarte, S. Siegel, and L. Young, “Trust and credit: the role of appearance in peer-to-peer lending,” The Review of Financial Studies, no. 25, pp. 2455–2483, 2012.
- G. Burtch, A. Ghose, and S. Wattal, “Cultural Differences and Geography as Determinants of Online Pro-Social Lending,” 2013, http://ssrn.com/abstract=2271298.
- D. G. Pope and J. R. Sydnor, “What's in a picture?: Evidence of discrimination from Prosper.com,” Journal of Human Resources, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 53–92, 2011.
- R. Iyer, A. Ijaz Khwaja, E. F. P. Luttmer, and K. Shue, “Screening peers softly: inferring the quality of small borrowers,” NBER Working Paper, 2009.
- B. C. Collier and R. Hampshire, “Sending mixed signals: multilevel reputation effects in peer-to-peer lending markets,” in Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW '10), pp. 197–206, Savannah, Ga, USA, February 2010.
- U. Brandes, J. Lerner, B. Nick, and S. Rendle, “Network effects on interest rates in online social lending,” Informatik, vol. 10, pp. 4–7, 2011.
- D. Shen, C. Krumme, and A. Lippman, “Follow the profit or the herd? Exploring social effects in peer-to-peer lending,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Conference on Social Computing (SocialCom '10), pp. 137–144, August 2010.
- H. Yum, B. Lee, and M. Chae, “From the wisdom of crowds to my own judgment in microfinance through online peer-to-peer lending platforms,” Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, vol. 11, pp. 469–483, 2012.
- L. Dezs and G. Loewenstein, “Lenders’blind trust and borrowers' blind spots: a descriptive investigation of personal loans,” Journal of Economic Psychology, vol. 33, pp. 996–1011, 2012.
- J. Zhang and P. Liu, “Rational herding in microloan markets,” Management Science, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 892–912, 2012.
- G. T. Lumpkin and G. G. Dess, “Linking two dimensions of entrepreneurial orientation to firm performance: the moderating role of environment and industry life cycle,” Journal of Business Venturing, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 429–451, 2001.
- S. A. Zahra and J. G. Covin, “Contextual influences on the corporate entrepreneurship-performance relationship: a longitudinal analysis,” Journal of Business Venturing, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 43–58, 1995.
- J. Wiklund and D. Shepherd, “Knowledge-based resources, entrepreneurial orientation, and the performance of small and medium-sized businesses,” Strategic Management Journal, vol. 24, no. 13, pp. 1307–1314, 2003.
- T.-Y. Chen and C.-H. Li, “Determining objective weights with intuitionistic fuzzy entropy measures: a comparative analysis,” Information Sciences, vol. 180, no. 21, pp. 4207–4222, 2010.
- M. Zeleny, Multiple Criteria Decision Making, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1982.
- C. E. Shannon, “A mathematical theory of communication,” Bell System Technical Journal, vol. 27, pp. 379–423, 1948.
- E. Szmidt and J. Kacprzyk, “Entropy for intuitionistic fuzzy sets,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 118, no. 3, pp. 467–477, 2001.
- L. A. Zadeh, “Fuzzy sets and systems,” in Proceedings of the symposium on systems theory, pp. 29–37, Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn, New York, NY, USA, 1965.
- A. de Luca and S. Termini, “A definition of a nonprobabilistic entropy in the setting of fuzzy sets theory,” Information and Control, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 301–312, 1972.
- A. Kaufmann, Introduction to the Theory of Fuzzy Subsets—Vol. 1: Fundamental Theoretical Elements, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1975.
- R. R. Yager, “On the measure of fuzziness and negation part I: membership in the unit interval,” International Journal of General Systems, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 221–229, 1979.
- M. Higashi and G. J. Klir, “Measures of uncertainty and information based on possibility distributions,” International Journal of General Systems, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 43–58, 1982.
- B. Kosko, “Fuzzy entropy and conditioning,” Information Sciences, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 165–174, 1986.
- B. Kosko, “Fuzziness versus probability,” International Journal of General Systems, vol. 17, pp. 211–240, 1990.
- B. Kosko, Fuzzy Engineering, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1997.
- O. Parkash, P. K. Sharma, and R. Mahajan, “New measures of weighted fuzzy entropy and their applications for the study of maximum weighted fuzzy entropy principle,” Information Sciences, vol. 178, no. 11, pp. 2389–2395, 2008.
- F. H. Lotfi and R. Fallahnejad, “Imprecise shannon's entropy and multi attribute decision making,” Entropy, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 53–62, 2010.
- L. A. Zadeh, “The concept of a linguistic variable and its application to approximate reasoning-I,” Information Sciences, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 199–249, 1975.
- K. T. Atanassov, “Intuitionistic fuzzy sets,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 87–96, 1986.
- K. Atanassov and G. Gargov, “Interval valued intuitionistic fuzzy sets,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 343–349, 1989.
- W.-L. Gau and D. J. Buehrer, “Vague sets,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 610–614, 1993.
- P. Burillo and H. Bustince, “Entropy on intuitionistic fuzzy sets and on interval-valued fuzzy sets,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 305–316, 1996.
- W.-L. Hung and M.-S. Yang, “Fuzzy entropy on intuitionistic fuzzy sets,” International Journal of Intelligent Systems, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 443–451, 2006.
- Q.-S. Zhang and S.-Y. Jiang, “A note on information entropy measures for vague sets and its applications,” Information Sciences, vol. 178, no. 21, pp. 4184–4191, 2008.
- J. Ye, “Two effective measures of intuitionistic fuzzy entropy,” Computing, vol. 87, no. 1-2, pp. 55–62, 2010.
- C.-P. Wei, P. Wang, and Y.-Z. Zhang, “Entropy, similarity measure of interval-valued intuitionistic fuzzy sets and their applications,” Information Sciences, vol. 181, no. 19, pp. 4273–4286, 2011.
- Y. Wang and Y.-J. Lei, “A technique for constructing intuitionistic fuzzy entropy,” Kongzhi yu Juece/Control and Decision, vol. 22, no. 12, pp. 1390–1394, 2007.
- G. S. Huang and Y. S. Liu, “The fuzzy entropy of vague sets based on non-fuzzy sets,” Computer Applications and Software, vol. 22, pp. 16–17, 2005.
- Q.-S. Zhang, S. Jiang, B. Jia, and S. Luo, “Some information measures for interval-valued intuitionistic fuzzy sets,” Information Sciences, vol. 180, no. 24, pp. 5130–5145, 2010.
- H. Bustince and P. Burillo, “Vague sets are intuitionistic fuzzy sets,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 79, no. 3, pp. 403–405, 1996.
- C. Cornelis, K. T. Atanassov, and E. E. Kerre, “Intuitionistic fuzzy sets and interval-valued fuzzy sets: a critical comparison,” in Proceedings of 3rd European Conference on Fuzzy Logic and Technology (EUSFLAT '03), pp. 159–163, Zittau, Germany, 2003.
- G. Deschrijver and E. E. Kerre, “On the relationship between some extensions of fuzzy set theory,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 133, no. 2, pp. 227–235, 2003.
- I. K. Vlachos and G. D. Sergiadis, “Subsethood, entropy, and cardinality for interval-valued fuzzy sets—an algebraic derivation,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 158, no. 12, pp. 1384–1396, 2007.
- J. Ye, “Multicriteria fuzzy decision-making method using entropy weights-based correlation coefficients of interval-valued intuitionistic fuzzy sets,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 34, no. 12, pp. 3864–3870, 2010.
- Z.-S. Xu, “Methods for aggregating interval-valued intuitionistic fuzzy information and their application to decision making,” Control and Decision, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 215–219, 2007.
- Z.-S. Xu and J. Chen, “An approach to group decision making based on interval-valued intuitionistic judgment matrices,” System Engineering Theory and Practice, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 126–133, 2007.
- D. Miller, “The correlates of entrepreneurship in three types of firms,” Management Science, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 770–791, 1983.
- J. G. Covin and D. P. Slevin, “Strategic management of small firms in hostile and benign environments,” Strategic Management Journal, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 75–87, 1989.