- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 517395, 7 pages
A Time-Splitting and Sine Spectral Method for Dynamics of Dipolar Bose-Einstein Condensate
School of Applied Science, Beijing Information Science and Technology University, Beijing 100192, China
Received 28 May 2013; Accepted 9 July 2013
Academic Editor: Fedele Lizzi
Copyright © 2013 Si-Qi Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. S. ItaevskiiL, Bose-Einstein Condensation, Oxford University, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- A. Griesmaier, J. Werner, S. Hensler, J. Stuhler, and T. Pfau, “Bose-Einstein condensation of chromium,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 94, no. 16, Article ID 160401, 2005.
- J. Stuhler, A. Griesmaier, T. Koch et al., “Observation of dipole-dipole interaction in a degenerate quantum gas,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 95, no. 15, Article ID 150406, 2005.
- V. Schweikhard, I. Coddington, P. Engels, S. Tung, and E. A. Cornell, “Publisher's note: vortex-lattice dynamics in rotating spinor bose-einstein condensates,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 93, no. 22, Article ID 210403, 2004.
- K. M. Mertes, J. W. Merrill, R. Carretero-González, D. J. Frantzeskakis, P. G. Kevrekidis, and D. S. Hall, ibid. 99, 190402, 2007.
- S. B. Papp, J. M. Pino, and C. E. Wieman, ibid. 101, 040402, 2008.
- S. Yi and L. You, “Trapped atomic condensates with anisotropic interactions,” Physical Review A, vol. 61, Article ID 041604, 2000.
- S. Yi and L. You, “Trapped condensates of atoms with dipole interactions,” Physical Review A, vol. 63, Article ID 053607, 2001.
- S. Yi and L. You, “Calibrating dipolar interaction in an atomic condensate,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 92, no. 19, Article ID 193201, 2004.
- K.-T. Xi, J. Li, and D.-N. Shi, “Phase separation of a two-component dipolar Bose-Einstein condensate in the quasi-one-dimensional and quasi-two-dimensional regime,” Physical Review A, vol. 84, no. 1, Article ID 013619, 2011.
- C. J. Pethick and H. Smith, Bose-Einstein Condensation in Dilute Gases, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2008.
- D.-Y. Hua, X.-G. Li, and J. Zhu, “A mass conserved splitting method for the nonlinear Schrödinger equation,” Adance in Difference Equtions, vol. 2012, article 85, 2012.
- W. Bao and Y. Cai, “Mathematical theory and numerical methods for Bose-Einstein condensation,” Kinetic and Related Models, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 1–135, 2013.
- W. Bao and Y. Zhang, “Dynamics of the group state and central vortex states in Bose-Einstein condensation,” Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 1863–1896, 2005.
- G. Strang, “On the construction and comparison of difference schemes,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 5, pp. 506–517, 1968.
- W. Bao, D. Jaksch, and P. A. Markowich, “Numerical solution of the Gross-Pitaevskii equation for Bose-Einstein condensation,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 187, no. 1, pp. 318–342, 2003.