- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 630196, 4 pages
Neutron Star Interiors and Topology Change
Department of Mathematics, Milwaukee School of Engineering, Milwaukee, WI 53202-3109, USA
Received 1 January 2013; Revised 8 March 2013; Accepted 11 March 2013
Academic Editor: Emilio Elizalde
Copyright © 2013 Peter K. F. Kuhfittig. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. S. Morris and K. S. Thorne, “Wormholes in spacetime and their use for interstellar travel: a tool for teaching general relativity,” American Journal of Physics, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 395–412, 1988.
- P. K. F. Kuhfittig, “Could some black holes have evolved from wormholes?” Scholarly Research Exchange, vol. 2008, Article ID 296158, 5 pages, 2008.
- A. DeBenedictis, R. Garattini, and F. S. N. Lobo, “Phantom stars and topology change,” Physical Review D, vol. 78, no. 10, Article ID 104003, 14 pages, 2008.
- N. Itoh, “Hydrostatic equilibrium of hypothetical quark stars,” Progress of Theoretical Physics, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 291–292, 1970.
- U. Heinz and M. Jacob, “Evidence for a new state of matter: an assessment of the results from the CERN lead beam programme,” http://arxiv.org/abs/nucl-th/0002042.
- T. Schaefer, “Quark matter,” http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-ph/0304281.
- B. Müller, “Quark matter 2005—theoretical summary,” http://arxiv.org/abs/nucl-th/0508062.
- M. A. Perez-Garcia, J. Silk, and J. R. Stone, “Dark matter, neutron stars, and strange quark matter,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 105, no. 14, Article ID 141101, 4 pages, 2010.
- A. Chodos, R. L. Jaffe, K. Johnson, C. B. Thorn, and V. F. Weisskopf, “New extended model of hadrons,” Physical Review D, vol. 9, no. 12, pp. 3471–3495, 1974.
- A. Bhattacharyya, J. E. Alam, S. Sarkar et al., “Cosmological QCD phase transition and dark matter,” Nuclear Physics A, vol. 661, no. 1–4, pp. 629–632, 1999.
- F. Rahaman, M. Kalam, and K. A. Rahman, “Wormhole geometry from real feasible matter sources,” International Journal of Theoretical Physics, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 471–475, 2009.
- V. Dzhunushaliev, V. Folomeev, B. Kleihaus, and J. Kunz, “Mixed neutron-star-plus-wormhole systems: equilibrium configurations,” Physical Review D, vol. 85, no. 12, Article ID 124028, 14 pages, 2012.
- R. Rahaman, P. K. F. Kuhfittig, R. Amin, G. Mandal, S. Ray, and N. Islam, “Quark matter as dark matter in modeling galactic halo,” Physics Letters B, vol. 714, no. 2-5, pp. 131–135, 2012.
- F. Rahaman, R. Maulick, R. Sharma, S. Ray, and I. Karar, “Strange stars in Krori-Barua space-time,” http://arxiv.org/abs/1108.6125.
- F. Weber, R. Negreiros, and P. Rosenfield, “Neutron star interiors and the equation of state of superdense matter,” http://arxiv.org/abs/0705.2708.
- M. Visser, “Traversable wormholes from surgically modified Schwarzschild spacetimes,” Nuclear Physics B, vol. 328, no. 1, pp. 203–212, 1989.
- D. Pavón and B. Wang, “Le Châtelier-Braun principle in cosmological physics,” General Relativity and Gravitation, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 1–5, 2009.