- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 754248, 5 pages
Helmholtz and Diffusion Equations Associated with Local Fractional Derivative Operators Involving the Cantorian and Cantor-Type Cylindrical Coordinates
1College of Science, Yanshan University, Qinhuangdao 066004, China
2Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Victoria, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada V8W 3R4
3Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Mathematical Sciences, University of Mazandaran, Babolsar 47415-416, Iran
4Department of Mathematics and Mechanics, China University of Mining and Technology, Jiangsu, Xuzhou 221008, China
Received 9 June 2013; Accepted 7 July 2013
Academic Editor: J. A. Tenreiro Machado
Copyright © 2013 Ya-Juan Hao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. L. Teixeira and W. C. Chew, “Systematic derivation of anisotropic PML absorbing media in cylindrical and spherical coordinates,” IEEE Microwave and Guided Wave Letters, vol. 7, no. 11, pp. 371–373, 1997.
- J. T. Scheuer, M. Shamim, and J. R. Conrad, “Model of plasma source ion implantation in planar, cylindrical, and spherical geometries,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 1241–1245, 1990.
- N. Engheta, “On fractional paradigm and intermediate zones in electromagnetism. I. Planar observation,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 236–241, 1999.
- N. Engheta, “On fractional paradigm and intermediate zones in electromagnetism. II. Cylindrical and spherical observations,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 100–103, 1999.
- E. M. Schetselaar, “Fusion by the IHS transform: should we use cylindrical or spherical coordinates?” International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 759–765, 1998.
- P. G. Petropoulos, “Reflectionless sponge layers as absorbing boundary conditions for the numerical solution of Maxwell equations in rectangular, cylindrical, and spherical coordinates,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 1037–1058, 2000.
- X. Jiang and M. Xu, “The time fractional heat conduction equation in the general orthogonal curvilinear coordinate and the cylindrical coordinate systems,” Physica A, vol. 389, no. 17, pp. 3368–3374, 2010.
- R. Buckmire, “Investigations of nonstandard, Mickens-type, finite-difference schemes for singular boundary value problems in cylindrical or spherical coordinates,” Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 380–398, 2003.
- R. Kreß and G. F. Roach, “Transmission problems for the Helmholtz equation,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1433–1437, 1978.
- R. E. Kleinman and G. F. Roach, “Boundary integral equations for the three-dimensional Helmholtz equation,” SIAM Review, vol. 16, pp. 214–236, 1974.
- A. Karageorghis, “The method of fundamental solutions for the calculation of the eigenvalues of the Helmholtz equation,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 837–842, 2001.
- E. Heikkola, T. Rossi, and J. Toivanen, “A parallel fictitious domain method for the three-dimensional Helmholtz equation,” SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 1567–1588, 2003.
- L. S. Fu and T. Mura, “Volume integrals of ellipsoids associated with the inhomogeneous Helmholtz equation,” Wave Motion, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 141–149, 1982.
- M. S. Samuel and A. Thomas, “On fractional Helmholtz equations,” Fractional Calculus & Applied Analysis, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 295–308, 2010.
- P. G. Shewmon, Diffusion in Solids, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1963.
- G. R. Richter, “An inverse problem for the steady state diffusion equation,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 210–221, 1981.
- K. D. Usadel, “Generalized diffusion equation for superconducting alloys,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 507–509, 1970.
- D. Wolf-Gladrow, “A lattice Boltzmann equation for diffusion,” Journal of Statistical Physics, vol. 79, no. 5-6, pp. 1023–1032, 1995.
- A. Ishimaru, “Diffusion of light in turbid material,” Applied Optics, vol. 28, no. 12, pp. 2210–2215, 1989.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations: An Introduction to Fractional Derivatives, Fractional Differential Equations, to Methods of Their Solution and Some of Their Applications, vol. 198 of Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- R. Hilfer, Ed., Applications of Fractional Calculus in Physics, World Scientific Publishing, River Edge, NJ, USA, 2000.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. M. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and applications of fractional differential equations, vol. 204 of North-Holland Mathematics Studies, Elsevier Science B.V., Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- J. Sabatier, O. P. Agrawal, and J. A. T. Machado, Advances in Fractional Calculus: Theoretical Developments and Applications in Physics and Engineering, Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2007.
- F. Mainardi, Fractional Calculus and Waves in Linear Viscoelasticity: An Introduction to Mathematical Models, Imperial College Press, London, UK, 2010.
- G. M. Zaslavsky, “Chaos, fractional kinetics, and anomalous transport,” Physics Reports, vol. 371, no. 6, pp. 461–580, 2002.
- D. Baleanu, J. A. T. Machado, and A. C. J. Luo, Fractional Dynamics and Control, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2012.
- J. Klafter, S. C. Lim, and R. Metzler, Fractional Dynamics in Physics: Recent Advances, World Scientific Publishing, Singapore, 2012.
- D. Baleanu, K. Diethelm, E. Scalas, and J. J. Trujillo, Fractional Calculus Models and Numerical Methods, vol. 3 of Series on Complexity, Nonlinearity and Chaos, World Scientific Publishing, Singapore, 2012.
- W. Wyss, “The fractional diffusion equation,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 27, no. 11, pp. 2782–2785, 1986.
- A. S. Chaves, “A fractional diffusion equation to describe Lévy flights,” Physics Letters A, vol. 239, no. 1-2, pp. 13–16, 1998.
- I. M. Sokolov, A. V. Chechkin, and J. Klafter, “Fractional diffusion equation for a power-law-truncated Lévy process,” Physica A, vol. 336, no. 3-4, pp. 245–251, 2004.
- A. V. Chechkin, R. Gorenflo, and I. M. Sokolov, “Fractional diffusion in inhomogeneous media,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 38, no. 42, pp. L679–L684, 2005.
- F. Mainardi and G. Pagnini, “The Wright functions as solutions of the time-fractional diffusion equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 141, no. 1, pp. 51–62, 2003.
- C. Tadjeran, M. M. Meerschaert, and H.-P. Scheffler, “A second-order accurate numerical approximation for the fractional diffusion equation,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 213, no. 1, pp. 205–213, 2006.
- J. Hristov, “Approximate solutions to fractional subdiffusion equations,” European Physical Journal, vol. 193, no. 1, pp. 229–243, 2011.
- J. Hristov, “A short-distance integral-balance solution to a strong subdiffusion equation: a Weak Power-Law Profile,” International Review of Chemical Engineering, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 555–563, 2010.
- K. M. Kolwankar and A. D. Gangal, “Local fractional Fokker-Planck equation,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 214–217, 1998.
- A. Carpinteri, B. Chiaia, and P. Cornetti, “Static-kinematic duality and the principle of virtual work in the mechanics of fractal media,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 191, no. 1-2, pp. 3–19, 2001.
- F. Ben Adda and J. Cresson, “About non-differentiable functions,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 263, no. 2, pp. 721–737, 2001.
- A. Babakhani and V. Daftardar-Gejji, “On calculus of local fractional derivatives,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 270, no. 1, pp. 66–79, 2002.
- G. Jumarie, “Table of some basic fractional calculus formulae derived from a modified Riemann-Liouville derivative for non-differentiable functions,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 378–385, 2009.
- W. Chen, H. Sun, X. Zhang, and D. Korošak, “Anomalous diffusion modeling by fractal and fractional derivatives,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 1754–1758, 2010.
- X. J. Yang, Local Fractional Functional Analysis and Its Applications, Asian Academic Publisher, Hong Kong, China, 2011.
- X. J. Yang, Advanced Local Fractional Calculus and Its Applications, World Science Publisher, New York, NY, USA, 2012.
- X. J. Yang and D. Baleanu, “Fractal heat conduction problem solved by local fractional variation iteration method,” Thermal Science, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 625–628, 2013.
- X. J. Yang, H. M. Srivastava, J. H. He, and D. Baleanu, “Cantor-type cylindrical-coordinate method for differential equations with local fractional derivatives,” Physics Letters A, vol. 377, no. 28–30, pp. 1696–1700, 2013.
- M.-S. Hu, R. P. Agarwal, and X.-J. Yang, “Local fractional Fourier series with application to wave equation in fractal vibrating string,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 567401, 15 pages, 2012.
- Y. J. Yang, D. Baleanu, and X. J. Yang, “A local fractional variational iteration method for Laplace equation within local fractional operators,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 202650, 6 pages, 2013.