- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 806984, 4 pages
Solving Abel’s Type Integral Equation with Mikusinski’s Operator of Fractional Order
1School of Information Science & Technology, East China Normal University, No. 500, Dong-Chuan Road, Shanghai 200241, China
2Department of Computer and Information Science, University of Macau, Avenida Padre Tomas Pereira, Taipa, Macau
Received 21 April 2013; Accepted 10 May 2013
Academic Editor: Carlo Cattani
Copyright © 2013 Ming Li and Wei Zhao. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. H. Abel, “Solution de quelques problèmes à l'aide d'intégrales définies,” Magaziu for Naturvidenskaberue, Alu-gang I, Bînd 2, Christiania, pp. 11–18, 1823.
- R. Gorenflo and S. Vessella, Abel Integral Equations, Springer, 1991.
- P. P. B. Eggermont, “On Galerkin methods for Abel-type integral equations,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 1093–1117, 1988.
- A. Chakrabarti and A. J. George, “Diagonalizable generalized Abel integral operators,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 568–575, 1997.
- J. R. Hatcher, “A nonlinear boundary problem,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 95, no. 3, pp. 441–448, 1985.
- G. N. Minerbo and M. E. Levy, “Inversion of Abel's integral equation by means of orthogonal polynomials,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 598–616, 1969.
- J. D. Tamarkin, “On integrable solutions of Abel's integral equation,” The Annals of Mathematics, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 219–229, 1930.
- D. B. Sumner, “Abel's integral equation as a convolution transform,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 82–86, 1956.
- I. M. Gelfand and K. Vilenkin, Generalized Functions, vol. 1, Academic Press, New York. NY, USA, 1964.
- C. E. Smith, “A theorem of Abel and its application to the development of a function in terms of Bessel's functions,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 92–106, 1907.
- S. Sohrabi, “Comparison Chebyshev wavelets method with BPFs method for solving Abel’s integral equation,” Ain Shams Engineering Journal, vol. 2, no. 3-4, pp. 249–254, 2011.
- A. Antoniadis, J. Q. Fan, and I. Gijbels, “A wavelet method for unfolding sphere size distributions,” The Canadian Journal of Statistics, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 251–268, 2001.
- R. J. Hughes, “Semigroups of unbounded linear operators in Banach space,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 230, pp. 113–145, 1977.
- K. Ito and J. Turi, “Numerical methods for a class of singular integro-differential equations based on semigroup approximation,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 1698–1722, 1991.
- O. P. Singh, V. K. Singh, and R. K. Pandey, “A stable numerical inversion of Abel's integral equation using almost Bernstein operational matrix,” Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, vol. 111, no. 1, pp. 245–252, 2010.
- R. K. Pandey, O. P. Singh, and V. K. Singh, “Efficient algorithms to solve singular integral equations of Abel type,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 664–676, 2009.
- M. Khan and M. A. Gondal, “A reliable treatment of Abel's second kind singular integral equations,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 25, no. 11, pp. 1666–1670, 2012.
- R. Weiss, “Product integration for the generalized Abel equation,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 26, pp. 177–190, 1972.
- W. C. Brenke, “An application of Abel's integral equation,” The American Mathematical Monthly, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 58–60, 1922.
- E. B. Hansen, “On drying of laundry,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 1360–1369, 1992.
- A. T. Lonseth, “Sources and applications of integral equations,” SIAM Review, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 241–278, 1977.
- Y. H. Jang, “Distribution of three-dimensional islands from two-dimensional line segment length distribution,” Wear, vol. 257, no. 1-2, pp. 131–137, 2004.
- L. Bougoffa, R. C. Rach, and A. Mennouni, “A convenient technique for solving linear and nonlinear Abel integral equations by the Adomian decomposition method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 5, pp. 1785–1793, 2011.
- J. Mikusiński, Operational Calculus, Pergamon Press, 1959.
- T. K. Boehme, “The convolution integral,” SIAM Review, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 407–416, 1968.
- G. Bengochea and L. Verde-Star, “Linear algebraic foundations of the operational calculi,” Advances in Applied Mathematics, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 330–351, 2011.
- V. I. Istrăţescu, Introduction to Linear Operator Theory, vol. 65, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1981.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, Analysis of Min-Plus Algebra, Nova Science Publishers, 2011.
- A. D. Polyanin and A. V. Manzhirov, Handbook of Integral Equations, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 1998.
- C. Cattani and A. Kudreyko, “Harmonic wavelet method towards solution of the Fredholm type integral equations of the second kind,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 215, no. 12, pp. 4164–4171, 2010.
- C. Cattani, M. Scalia, E. Laserra, I. Bochicchio, and K. K. Nandi, “Correct light deflection in Weyl conformal gravity,” Physical Review D, vol. 87, no. 4, Article ID 47503, 4 pages, 2013.
- C. Cattani, “Fractional calculus and Shannon wavelet,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 502812, 26 pages, 2012.
- M. Carlini, T. Honorati, and S. Castellucci, “Photovoltaic greenhouses: comparison of optical and thermal behaviour for energy savings,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 743764, 10 pages, 2012.
- M. Carlini and S. Castellucci, “Modelling the vertical heat exchanger in thermal basin,” in Computational Science and Its Applications, vol. 6785 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 277–286, Springer, 2011.
- M. Carlini, C. Cattani, and A. Tucci, “Optical modelling of square solar concentrator,” in Computational Science and Its Applications, vol. 6785 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 287–295, Springer, 2011.
- E. G. Bakhoum and C. Toma, “Mathematical transform of traveling-wave equations and phase aspects of Quantum interaction,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 695208, 15 pages, 2010.
- E. G. Bakhoum and C. Toma, “Specific mathematical aspects of dynamics generated by coherence functions,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 436198, 10 pages, 2011.
- C. Toma, “Advanced signal processing and command synthesis for memory-limited complex systems,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 927821, 13 pages, 2012.
- G. Toma, “Specific differential equations for generating pulse sequences,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 324818, 11 pages, 2010.
- J. Yang, Y. Chen, and M. Scalia, “Construction of affine invariant functions in spatial domain,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 690262, 11 pages, 2012.
- J. W. Yang, Z. R. Chen, W.-S. Chen, and Y. J. Chen, “Robust affine invariant descriptors,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 185303, 15 pages, 2011.
- Z. Jiao, Y.-Q. Chen, and I. Podlubny, “Distributed-Order Dynamic Systems,” Springer, 2011.
- H. Sheng, Y.-Q. Chen, and T.-S. Qiu, Fractional Processes and Fractional Order Signal Processing, Springer, 2012.
- H. G. Sun, Y.-Q. Chen, and W. Chen, “Random-order fractional differential equation models,” Signal Processing, vol. 91, no. 3, pp. 525–530, 2011.
- S. V. Muniandy, W. X. Chew, and C. S. Wong, “Fractional dynamics in the light scattering intensity fluctuation in dusty plasma,” Physics of Plasmas, vol. 18, no. 1, Article ID 013701, 8 pages, 2011.
- H. Asgari, S. V. Muniandy, and C. S. Wong, “Stochastic dynamics of charge fluctuations in dusty plasma: a non-Markovian approach,” Physics of Plasmas, vol. 18, no. 8, Article ID 083709, 4 pages, 2011.
- C. H. Eab and S. C. Lim, “Accelerating and retarding anomalous diffusion,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 45, no. 14, Article ID 145001, 17 pages, 2012.
- C. H. Eab and S. C. Lim, “Fractional Langevin equations of distributed order,” Physical Review E, vol. 83, no. 3, Article ID 031136, 10 pages, 2011.
- L.-T. Ko, J.-E. Chen, Y.-S. Shieh, H.-C. Hsin, and T.-Y. Sung, “Difference-equation-based digital frequency synthesizer,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 784270, 12 pages, 2012.