- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 812120, 14 pages
Bifurcation Phenomena of Nonlinear Waves in a Generalized Zakharov-Kuznetsov Equation
1Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Guizhou Normal University, Guiyang, Guizhou 550001, China
2Department of Mathematics, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510640, China
Received 15 July 2013; Accepted 16 September 2013
Academic Editor: Hagen Neidhardt
Copyright © 2013 Yun Wu and Zhengrong Liu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. E. Zakharov and E. A. Kuznetsov, “On three-dimensional solitons,” Soviet Physics Uspekhi, vol. 39, pp. 285–288, 1974.
- S. Munro and E. J. Parkes, “The derivation of a modified Zakharov-Kuznetsov equation and the stability of its solutions,” Journal of Plasma Physics, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 305–317, 1999.
- S. Munro and E. J. Parkes, “Stability of solitary-wave solutions to a modified Zakharov-Kuznetsov equation,” Journal of Plasma Physics, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 411–426, 2000.
- Z. L. Yan and X. Q. Liu, “Symmetry reductions and explicit solutions for a generalized Zakharov-Kuznetsov equation,” Communications in Theoretical Physics, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 29–32, 2006.
- A. Bekir, “Application of the ()-expansion method for nonlinear evolution equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 372, no. 19, pp. 3400–3406, 2008.
- M. Song and J. H. Cai, “Solitary wave solutions and kink wave solutions for a generalized Zakharov-Kuznetsov equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 4, pp. 1455–1462, 2010.
- L. H. Zhang, “Travelling wave solutions for the generalized Zakharov-Kuznetsov equation with higher-order nonlinear terms,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 208, no. 1, pp. 144–155, 2009.
- A. Biswas and E. Zerrad, “1-soliton solution of the Zakharov-Kuznetsov equation with dual-power law nonlinearity,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 14, no. 9-10, pp. 3574–3577, 2009.
- R. Liu and W. F. Yan, “Some common expressions and new bifurcation phenomena for nonlinear waves in a generalized mKdV equation,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, vol. 23, no. 3, Article ID 1330007, pp. 1–19, 2013.
- B. Li, Y. Chen, and H. Zhang, “Exact travelling wave solutions for a generalized Zakharov-Kuznetsov equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 146, no. 2-3, pp. 653–666, 2003.
- N. Hongsit, M. A. Allen, and G. Rowlands, “Growth rate of transverse instabilities of solitary pulse solutions to a family of modified Zakharov-Kuznetsov equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 372, no. 14, pp. 2420–2422, 2008.
- A. M. Wazwaz, “Exact solutions with solitons and periodic structures for the Zakharov-Kuznetsov (ZK) equation and its modified form,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 597–606, 2005.
- M. Song, “Application of bifurcation method to the generalized Zakharov equations,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 308326, 8 pages, 2012.
- J. Li and Z. Liu, “Smooth and non-smooth traveling waves in a nonlinearly dispersive equation,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 41–56, 2000.
- Z. R. Liu and C. X. Yang, “The application of bifurcation method to a higher-order KdV equation,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 275, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 2002.
- J. B. Li and L. J. Zhang, “Bifurcations of traveling wave solutions in generalized Pochhammer-Chree equation,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 581–593, 2002.
- Z. R. Liu and Z. Y. Ouyang, “A note on solitary waves for modified forms of Camassa-Holm and Degasperis-Procesi equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 366, no. 4-5, pp. 377–381, 2007.
- Z. S. Wen, “Bifurcation of traveling wave solutions for a two-component generalized θ-equation,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 597431, 17 pages, 2012.
- Z. S. Wen, Z. R. Liu, and M. Song, “New exact solutions for the classical Drinfel'd-Sokolov-Wilson equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 215, no. 6, pp. 2349–2358, 2009.
- Z. S. Wen and Z. R. Liu, “Bifurcation of peakons and periodic cusp waves for the generalization of the Camassa-Holm equation,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 1698–1707, 2011.
- F. Faraci and A. Iannizzotto, “Bifurcation for second-order Hamiltonian systems with periodic boundary conditions,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2008, Article ID 756934, 13 pages, 2008.
- S. N. Chow and J. K. Hale, Method of Bifurcation Theory, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1982.
- J. Guckenheimer and P. Homes, Nonlinear Oscillations, Dynamical Systems and Bifurcations of Vector Fields, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1999.