- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 879651, 12 pages
Distance-Based Routing Strategy for Traffic Transport in Spatial Networks
College of Computer Science, Zhejiang University of Technology, Hangzhou 310023, China
Received 1 August 2013; Accepted 20 September 2013
Academic Editor: Ming Li
Copyright © 2013 Wei Huang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Albert and A.-L. Barabási, “Statistical mechanics of complex networks,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 47–97, 2002.
- S. N. Dorogovtsev and J. F. F. Mendes, “Evolution of networks,” Advances in Physics, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 1079–1187, 2002.
- M. E. J. Newman, “The structure and function of complex networks,” SIAM Review, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 167–256, 2003.
- R. Pastor-Satorras and A. Vespignani, Evolution and Structure of the Internet: A Statistical Physics Approach, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2004.
- R. Albert, I. Albert, and G. L. Nakarado, “Structural vulnerability of the North American power grid,” Physical Review E, vol. 69, no. 2, Article ID 025103, 4 pages, 2004.
- R. Guimerà, S. Mossa, A. Turtschi, and L. A. N. Amaral, “The worldwide air transportation network: Anomalous centrality, community structure, and cities' global roles,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 102, no. 22, pp. 7794–7799, 2005.
- M. Barthélemy, “Spatial networks,” Physics Reports, vol. 499, no. 1-3, pp. 1–101, 2011.
- M. Ángeles Serrano, D. Krioukov, and M. Boguñá, “Self-similarity of complex networks and hidden metric spaces,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 100, no. 7, Article ID 078701, 2008.
- H. Yang, Y. Nie, A. Zeng, Y. Fan, Y. Hu, and Z. Di, “Scaling properties in spatial networks and their effects on topology and traffic dynamics,” Europhysics Letters, vol. 89, no. 5, Article ID 58002, 2010.
- B.-H. Wang and T. Zhou, “Traffic flow and efficient routing on scale-free networks: a survey,” Journal of the Korean Physical Society, vol. 50, no. 1 I, pp. 134–141, 2007.
- S. Chen, W. Huang, C. Cattani, and G. Altieri, “Traffic dynamics on complex networks: a survey,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 732698, 2012.
- R. Pastor-Satorras, A. Vázquez, and A. Vespignani, “Dynamical and correlation properties of the internet,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 87, no. 25, Article ID 258701, pp. 258701/1–258701/4, 2001.
- W.-X. Wang, B.-H. Wang, C.-Y. Yin, Y.-B. Xie, and T. Zhou, “Traffic dynamics based on local routing protocol on a scale-free network,” Physical Review E, vol. 73, no. 2, Article ID 026111, 2006.
- Z. Y. Chen and X. F. Wang, “Effects of network structure and routing strategy on network capacity,” Physical Review E, vol. 73, no. 3, Article ID 036107, 2006.
- W. X. Wang, C. Y. Yin, G. Yan, and B. H. Wang, “Integrating local static and dynamic information for routing traffic,” Physical Review E, vol. 74, no. 1, Article ID 016101, 2006.
- P. Echenique, J. Gómez-Gardeñes, and Y. Moreno, “Improved routing strategies for Internet traffic delivery,” Physical Review E, vol. 70, no. 5, Article ID 056105, pp. 1–56105, 2004.
- P. Echenique, J. Gómez-gardeñes, and Y. Moreno, “Dynamics of jamming transitions in complex networks,” Europhysics Letters, vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 325–331, 2005.
- Z. Wu, G. Peng, W. Wong, and K. Yeung, “Improved routing strategies for data traffic in scale-free networks,” Journal of Statistical Mechanics, Article ID P11002, 2008.
- W. Huang and T. W. S. Chow, “Investigation of both local and global topological ingredients on transport efficiency in scale-free networks,” Chaos, vol. 19, no. 4, Article ID 043124, 2009.
- B. Danila, Y. Yu, J. A. Marsh, and K. E. Bassler, “Optimal transport on complex networks,” Physical Review E, vol. 74, no. 4, Article ID 046106, 2006.
- B. Danila, Y. Yu, J. A. Marsh, and K. E. Bassler, “Transport optimization on complex networks,” Chaos, vol. 17, no. 2, Article ID 026102, 9 pages, 2007.
- G. Yan, T. Zhou, B. Hu, Z. Q. Fu, and B. H. Wang, “Efficient routing on complex networks,” Physical Review E, vol. 73, no. 4, Article ID 046108, 2006.
- M. Boguñá, D. Krioukov, and K. C. Claffy, “Navigability of complex networks,” Nature Physics, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 74–80, 2009.
- M. Boguñá and D. Krioukov, “Navigating ultrasmall worlds in ultrashort time,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 102, no. 5, Article ID 058701, 2009.
- K. Tutschku and P. Tran-Gia, “Spatial traffic estimation and characterization for mobile communication network design,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 804–811, 1998.
- W. Li, M. Canini, A. W. Moore, and R. Bolla, “Efficient application identification and the temporal and spatial stability of classification schema,” Computer Networks, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 790–809, 2009.
- S. Uhlig, “On the complexity of Internet traffic dynamics on its topology,” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 167–180, 2010.
- R. J. Adler, R. E. Feldman, and M. S. Taqqu, Practical Guide to Heavy Tails: Statistical Techniques and Applications, Birkhäuser, Boston, Mass, USA, 1998.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “On noise,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 673648, 23 pages, 2012.
- R. G. Clegg, C. Di Cairano-Gilfedder, and S. Zhou, “A critical look at power law modelling of the Internet,” Computer Communications, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 259–268, 2010.
- A. Arenas, A. Díaz-Guilera, and R. Guimerà, “Communication in networks with hierarchical branching,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 86, no. 14, pp. 3196–3199, 2001.
- M. E. Newman, “Assortative mixing in networks,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 89, no. 20, Article ID 208701, 2002.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Representation of a stochastic traffic bound,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 1368–1372, 2010.
- M. Li, W. Zhao, and C. Cattani, “Delay bound: fractal traffic passes through network servers,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2013, Article ID 157636, 2013.