- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 893254, 10 pages
Semigroup Method on a /G/1 Queueing Model
Xinjiang Radio & TV University, Urumqi 830049, China
Received 24 December 2012; Revised 20 March 2013; Accepted 21 March 2013
Academic Editor: B. G. Konopelchenko
Copyright © 2013 Alim Mijit. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. W. Miller, Alternating priorities in multi-class queue [Ph.D. thesis], Cornel University, Ithaca, New York, USA, 1964.
- Y. Levy and U. Yechiali, “Utilization of idle time in an M/G/1 queueing system,” Management Science, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 202–211, 1975.
- B. T. Doshi, “Queueing systems with vacations—a survey,” Queueing Systems, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 29–66, 1986.
- B. Doshi, “Generalizations of the stochastic decomposition results for single server queues with vacations,” Stochastic Models, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 307–333, 1990.
- H. Takagi, Vacation and Priority Systems, Part 1, vol. 1 of Queueing Analysis : A Foundation of Performance Evaluation, North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherland, 1991.
- Y. Baba, “On the /G/1 queue with vacation time,” Operations Research Letters, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 93–98, 1986.
- H.-S. Lee and M. M. Srinivasan, “Control policies for the /G/1 queueing system,” Management Science, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 708–721, 1989.
- H. W. Lee, S. S. Lee, J. O. Park, and K. C. Chae, “Analysis of the /G/1 queue with -policy and multiple vacations,” Journal of Applied Probability, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 476–496, 1994.
- S. S. Lee, H. W. Lee, S. H. Yoon, and K. C. Chae, “Batch arrival queue with N-policy and single vacation,” Computers and Operations Research, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 173–189, 1995.
- A. Borthakur and G. Choudhury, “On a batch arrival Poisson queue with generalized vacation,” Sankhyā B, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 369–383, 1997.
- G. Choudhury, “On a batch arrival Poisson queue with a random setup time and vacation period,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 25, no. 12, pp. 1013–1026, 1998.
- G. Choudhury, “An /G/1 queueing system with a setup period and a vacation period,” Queueing Systems, vol. 36, no. 1–3, pp. 23–38, 2000.
- K. C. Chae and H. W. Lee, “/G/1 vacation models with N-policy: heuristic interpretation of the mean waiting time,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 258–264, 1995.
- J. Medhi, “Single server queueing system with Poisson input: a review of some recent developments,” in Advances in Combinatorical Method and Applications in Probability and Statistics, N. Balakrishnan, Ed., pp. 317–338, Birkhäuser, Boston, Mass, USA, 1997.
- G. Choudhury, “Analysis of the /G/1 queueing system with vacation times,” Sankhyā B, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 37–49, 2002.
- D. R. Cox, “The analysis of non-Markovian stochastic processes by the inclusion of supplementary variables,” vol. 51, pp. 433–441, 1955.
- R. A. Adams, Sobolev Spaces, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1975.
- G. Gupur, X. Z. Li, and G. T. Zhu, Functional Analysis Method in Queueing Theory, Research Information, Herdfortshire, UK, 2001.
- H. O. Fattorini, The Cauchy Problem, vol. 18 of Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass, USA, 1983.