- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 950289, 8 pages
Extraction of Affine Invariant Features Using Fractal
1School of Mathematics and Statistics, Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology, Nanjing 210044, China
2School of Information Science and Technology, East China Normal University, No. 500, Dong-Chuan Road, Shanghai 200241, China
Received 19 March 2013; Accepted 29 April 2013
Academic Editor: Chen Wensheng
Copyright © 2013 Jianwei Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Q. M. Tieng and W. W. Boles, “Wavelet-based affine invariant representation: a tool for recognizing planar objects in 3D space,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 19, no. 8, pp. 846–857, 1997.
- M. R. Daliri and V. Torre, “Robust symbolic representation for shape recognition and retrieval,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 1799–1815, 2008.
- P. L. E. Ekombo, N. Ennahnahi, M. Oumsis, and M. Meknassi, “Applicationof affine invariant fourier descriptor to shape based image retrieval,” International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 240–247, 2009.
- X. Gao, C. Deng, X. Li, and D. Tao, “Geometric distortion insensitive image watermarking in affine covariant regions,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics C, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 278–286, 2010.
- M. I. Khalil and M. M. Bayoumi, “A dyadic wavelet affine invariant function for 2D shape recognition,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 23, no. 10, pp. 1152–1164, 2001.
- M. I. Khalil and M. M. Bayoumi, “Affine invariants for object recognition using the wavelet transform,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 23, no. 1–3, pp. 57–72, 2002.
- G. Liu, Z. Lin, and Y. Yu, “Radon representation-based feature descriptor for texture classification,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 921–928, 2009.
- R. Matungka, Y. F. Zheng, and R. L. Ewing, “Image registration using adaptive polar transform,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 18, no. 10, pp. 2340–2354, 2009.
- Y. Wang and E. K. Teoh, “2D affine-invariant contour matching using B-spline model,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 1853–1858, 2007.
- F. Mai, C. Q. Chang, and Y. S. Hung, “A subspace approach for matching 2D shapes under affine distortions,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 210–221, 2011.
- M. Gong, H. Li, and W. Cao, “Moment invariants to affine transformation of colours,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 34, no. 11, pp. 1240–1251, 2013.
- X. Song, D. Muselet, and A. Tremeau, “Affine transforms between image space and color space for invariant local descriptors,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 2376–2389, 2013.
- D. Zhang and G. Lu, “Review of shape representation and description techniques,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 1–19, 2004.
- E. Rahtu, A multiscale framework for affine invariant pattern recognitionand registration [Ph.D. thesis], University of OULU, Oulu, Finland, 2007.
- R. Veltkamp and M. Hagedoorn, “State-of the art in shape matching,” Tech. Rep. UU-CS-1999, 1999.
- I. Weiss, “Geometric invariants and object recognition,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 207–231, 1993.
- Y. Y. Tang, Y. Tao, and E. C. M. Lam, “New method for extractionbased on fractal behavior,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 35, pp. 1071–1081, 2002.
- B. B. Mandelbrot, The Fractal Geometry of Nature, W. H. Freeman, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 1982.
- B. B. Chaudhuri and N. Sarkar, “Texture segmentation using fractal dimension,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 72–77, 1995.
- Y. Y. Tang, J. Liu, H. Ma, and B. Li, “Two-dimensional wavelet transform indocument analysis,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conferenceon Multimodal Interface, pp. 274–279, Beijing, China, October 1996.
- D. Cyganski and R. F. Vaz, “A linear signal decomposition approach to affineinvariant contour identification,” in Intelligent Robots and Computer Vision X, vol. 1607 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 98–109, 1991.
- K. Arbter, W. E. Snyder, H. Burkhardt, and G. Hirzinger, “Application of affine-invariant Fourier descriptors to recognition of 3-D objects,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 640–647, 1990.
- M. Yang, K. Kpalma, and J. Ronsin, “Affine invariance contour desciptor based on the equal area normalization,” IAENG International Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 36, no. 2, paper 5, p. 6, 2007.
- K. Falconer, Fractal Geometry. Mathematical Foundations and Applications, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, UK, 1990.
- G. A. Edgar, Measure, Topology, and Fractal Geometry, Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1990.
- J. Flusser and T. Suk, “Pattern recognition by affine moment invariants,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 167–174, 1993.
- E. Rahtu, M. Salo, and J. Heikkilä, “Affine invariant pattern recognition using multiscale autoconvolution,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 908–918, 2005.
- K. Jafari-Khouzani and H. Soltanian-Zadeh, “Rotation-invariant multiresolution texture analysis using Radon and wavelet transforms,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 783–795, 2005.