- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 180656, 7 pages
Description of Dispersive Wave Emission and Supercontinuum Generation in Silicon Waveguides Using Split-Step Fourier and Runge-Kutta Integration Methods
School of Science, Xi’an University of Post & Telecommunications, Xi’an 710121, China
Received 6 January 2014; Accepted 2 March 2014; Published 27 March 2014
Academic Editor: Boris G. Konopelchenko
Copyright © 2014 Xuefeng Li. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. M. Dudley and J. R. Taylor, “Ten years of nonlinear optics in photonic crystal fibre,” Nature Photonics, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 85–90, 2009.
- P. L. Baldeck and R. R. Alfano, “Intensity effects on the stimulated four photon spectra generated by picosecond pulses in optical fibers,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 5, no. 12, pp. 1712–1715, 1987.
- J. Herrmann, U. Griebner, N. Zhavoronkov et al., “Experimental evidence for supercontinuum generation by fission of higher-order solitons in photonic fibers,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 88, no. 17, Article ID 173901, 2002.
- A. L. Gaeta, “Nonlinear propagation and continuum generation in microstructured optical fibers,” Optics Letters, vol. 27, no. 11, pp. 924–926, 2002.
- A. Demircan and U. Bandelow, “Analysis of the interplay between soliton fission and modulation instability in supercontinuum generation,” Applied Physics B: Lasers and Optics, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 31–39, 2007.
- M. A. Foster, J. M. Dudley, B. Kibler et al., “Nonlinear pulse propagation and supercontinuum generation in photonic nanowires: experiment and simulation,” Applied Physics B: Lasers and Optics, vol. 81, no. 2-3, pp. 363–367, 2005.
- Q. Lin, O. J. Painter, and G. P. Agrawal, “Nonlinear optical phenomena in silicon waveguides: modeling and applications,” Optics Express, vol. 15, no. 25, pp. 16604–16644, 2007.
- M. Zhu, H. Liu, X. Li et al., “Ultrabroadband flat dispersion tailoring of dual-slot silicon waveguides,” Optics Express, vol. 20, pp. 15899–15907, 2012.
- L. Yin and G. P. Agrawal, “Impact of two-photon absorption on self-phase modulation in silicon waveguides,” Optics Letters, vol. 32, no. 14, pp. 2031–2033, 2007.
- Z. Wang, H. Liu, N. Huang, Q. Sun, J. Wen, and X. Li, “Influence of three-photon absorption on Mid-infrared cross-phase modulation in silicon-on-sapphire waveguides,” Optics Express, vol. 21, pp. 1840–1848, 2013.
- X. Li, Z. Wang, and H. Liu, “Optimizing initial chirp for efficient femtosecond wavelength conversion in silicon waveguide by split-step Fourier method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, pp. 11970–11975, 2012.
- L. Yin, Q. Lin, and G. P. Agrawal, “Soliton fission and supercontinuum generation in silicon waveguides,” Optics Letters, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 391–393, 2007.
- I.-W. Hsieh, X. Chen, X. Liu et al., “Supercontinuum generation in silicon photonic wires,” Optics Express, vol. 15, no. 23, pp. 15242–15249, 2007.
- J. Wen, H. Liu, N. Huang, Q. Sun, and W. Zhao, “Influence of the initial chirp on the supercontinuum generation in silicon-on-insulator waveguide,” Applied Physics B: Lasers and Optics, vol. 104, no. 4, pp. 867–871, 2011.
- K. J. Blow and D. Wood, “Theoretical description of transient stimulated Raman scattering in optical fibers,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 25, no. 12, pp. 2665–2673, 1989.
- H. Wang, “Numerical studies on the split-step finite difference method for nonlinear Schrödinger equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 170, no. 1, pp. 17–35, 2005.
- X. Xiangming and T. R. Taha, “Parallel split-step fourier methods for nonlinear Schrodinger-type equations,” Journal of Mathematical Modelling and Algorithms, vol. 2, pp. 185–201, 2003.
- G. M. Muslu and H. A. Erbay, “Higher-order split-step Fourier schemes for the generalized nonlinear Schrödinger equation,” Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, vol. 67, no. 6, pp. 581–595, 2005.
- S. Zhang, Z. Deng, and W. Li, “A precise Runge-Kutta integration and its application for solving nonlinear dynamical systems,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 184, no. 2, pp. 496–502, 2007.
- M. Z. Liu, S. F. Ma, and Z. W. Yang, “Stability analysis of Runge-Kutta methods for unbounded retarded differential equations with piecewise continuous arguments,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 191, no. 1, pp. 57–66, 2007.
- B. S. Attili, K. Furati, and M. I. Syam, “An efficient implicit Runge-Kutta method for second order systems,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 178, no. 2, pp. 229–238, 2006.
- T. E. Murphy, software, http://www.photonics.umd.edu/.