- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 410620, 6 pages
Application of Successive Linearisation Method to Squeezing Flow with Bifurcation
1School of Mathematical Sciences, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Private Bag X01, Scottsville, Pietermaritzburg 3209, South Africa
2Faculty of Military Science, Stellenbosch University, Private Bag X2, Saldanha 7395, South Africa
3Department of Mathematics & Applied Mathematics, University of Venda, Private Bag X5050, Thohoyandou 0950, South Africa
Received 28 September 2013; Accepted 16 December 2013; Published 2 January 2014
Academic Editor: R. N. Jana
Copyright © 2014 S. S. Motsa et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. D. Bertram, “Unstable equilibrium behaviour in collapsible tubes,” Journal of Biomechanics, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 61–69, 1986.
- J. D. Jackson, “A study of squeezing flow,” Applied Scientific Research A, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 148–152, 1963.
- C. D. Bertram and T. J. Pedley, “A mathematical model of unsteady collapsible tube behaviour,” Journal of Biomechanics, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 39–50, 1982.
- N. M. Bujurke, P. K. Achar, and N. P. Pai, “Computer extended series for squeezing flow between plates,” Fluid Dynamics Research, vol. 16, no. 2-3, pp. 173–187, 1995.
- O. D. Makinde, T. G. Motsumi, and M. P. Ramollo, “Squeezing flow between parallel plates: a bifurcation study,” Far East Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 81–94, 2002.
- C. Y. Wang, “Squeezing of fluid between two plates,” ASME Journal of Applied Mechanics, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 579–583, 1976.
- S. Ishizawa, “The unsteady flow between two parallel discs with arbitrary varying gap width,” Bulletin of JSME, vol. 9, no. 35, pp. 533–550, 1966.
- O. D. Makinde, “Fluid dynamics of parallel plates viscometer: a case study of methods of series summation,” Quaestiones Mathematicae, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 405–417, 2003.
- S. Abbasbandy and T. Hayat, “Solution of the MHD Falkner-Skan flow by homotopy analysis method,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 14, no. 9-10, pp. 3591–3598, 2009.
- S. Liao, Beyond Perturbation: Introduction to the Homotopy Analysis Method, vol. 2 of Modern Mechanics and Mathematics, Chapman & Hall/CRC Press, 2003.
- S.-J. Liao, “A uniformly valid analytic solution of two-dimensional viscous flow over a semi-infinite flat plate,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 385, pp. 101–128, 1999.
- J.-H. He, “Homotopy perturbation technique,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 178, no. 3-4, pp. 257–262, 1999.
- J.-H. He, “A coupling method of a homotopy technique and a perturbation technique for non-linear problems,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 37–43, 2000.
- S. S. Motsa, P. Sibanda, and S. Shateyi, “A new spectral-homotopy analysis method for solving a nonlinear second order BVP,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 2293–2302, 2010.
- S. S. Motsa, P. Sibanda, F. G. Awad, and S. Shateyi, “A new spectral-homotopy analysis method for the MHD Jeffery-Hamel problem,” Computers & Fluids, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 1219–1225, 2010.
- J.-H. He, “Variational iteration method—a kind of non-linear analytical technique: some examples,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 699–708, 1999.
- S. S. Motsa and S. Shateyi, “A successive linearization method approach to solve Lane-Emden type of equations,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 280702, 14 pages, 2012.
- Z. G. Makukula, P. Sibanda, S. S. Motsa, and S. Shateyi, “On new numerical techniques for the MHD flow past a shrinking sheet with heat and mass transfer in the presence of a chemical reaction,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 489217, 19 pages, 2011.
- S. S. Motsa and S. Shateyi, “Successive linearisation analysis of unsteady heat and mass transfer from a stretching surface embedded in a Porous medium with suction/injection and thermal radiation effects,” Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, vol. 90, no. 5, pp. 1323–1335, 2011.
- C. Canuto, M. Y. Hussaini, A. Quarteroni, and T. A. Zang, Spectral Methods in Fluid Dynamics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1988.
- L. N. Trefethen, Spectral Methods in MATLAB, vol. 10 of Software, Environments, and Tools, SIAM, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2000.
- J. Kierzenka and L. F. Shampine, “A BVP solver based on residual control and the MATLAB PSE,” ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 299–316, 2001.
- L. F. Shampine, I. Gladwell, and S. Thompson, Solving ODEs with MATLAB, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2003.