- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 417643, 11 pages
Dual Approximate Solutions of the Unsteady Viscous Flow over a Shrinking Cylinder with Optimal Homotopy Asymptotic Method
1Department of Mechanics and Vibration, Politehnica University of Timişoara, 300222 Timişoara, Romania
2Department of Electromechanics and Vibration, Center for Advanced and Fundamental Technical Research, Romania Academy, 300223 Timişoara, Romania
3Department of Mathematics, Politehnica University of Timişoara, 300006 Timişoara, Romania
Received 9 January 2014; Revised 10 February 2014; Accepted 17 February 2014; Published 25 March 2014
Academic Editor: Waqar Ahmed Khan
Copyright © 2014 Vasile Marinca and Remus-Daniel Ene. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Uchida and H. Aoki, “Unsteady flows in a semi-infinite contracting or expanding pipe,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 371–387, 1977.
- F. M. Skalak and C. Y. Wang, “On the unsteady squeezing of viscous fluid from a tube,” Journal of the Australian Mathematical Society B, vol. 21, pp. 65–74, 1979.
- M. Miklavčič and C. Y. Wang, “Viscous flow due to a shrinking sheet,” Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 283–290, 2006.
- A. Ishak, R. Nazar, and I. Pop, “Uniform suction/blowing effect on flow and heat transfer due to a stretching cylinder,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 32, no. 10, pp. 2059–2066, 2008.
- T. G. Fang, J. Zhang, and S. S. Yao, “Viscous flow over an unsteady shrinking sheet with mass transfer,” Chinese Physics Letters, vol. 26, no. 1, Article ID 014703, 4 pages, 2009.
- T. G. Fang, S. S. Yao, J. Zhang, and A. Aziz, “Viscous flow over a shrinking sheet with a second order slip flow model,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 1831–1842, 2010.
- W. M. K. A. W. Zaimi, A. Ishak, and I. Pop, “Unsteady viscous flow over a shrinking cylinder,” Journal of King Saud University—Science, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 143–148, 2013.
- K. Zaimi, A. Ishak, and I. Pop, “Unsteady flow due to a contracting cylinder in a nanofluid using Buongiorno's model,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 68, pp. 509–513, 2014.
- A. Nayfeh, Problems in Perturbation, A Wiley-Interscience Publication, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1985.
- Z. H. Khan, R. Gul, and W. A. Khan, “Effect of variable thermal conductivity on heat transfer from a hollow sphere with heat generation using homotopy perturbation method,” in Proceedings of the ASME Heat Transfer Theory and Fundamental Research, vol. 1, pp. 301–309, Jacksonville, Fla, USA, August 2008.
- R. Gul, Z. H. Khan, and W. A. Khan, “Heat transfer from solids with variable thermal conductivity and uniform internal heat generation using homotopy perturbation method,” in Proceedings of the ASME Heat Transfer Theory and Fundamental Research, vol. 1, pp. 311–319, Jacksonville, Fla, USA, August 2008.
- Z. H. Khan, R. Gul, and W. A. Khan, “Application of adomian decomposition method for Sudumu transform,” NUST Journal of Engineering Sciences, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 40–44, 2008.
- G. Adomian, “A review of the decomposition method in applied mathematics,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 135, no. 2, pp. 501–544, 1988.
- J. H. He, “Modified Lindstedt-Poincaré methods for some strongly non-linear oscillations. I. Expansion of a constant,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 309–314, 2002.
- A. Belendez, C. Pascual, C. Neipp, T. Belendez, and A. Hernandez, “An equivalent linearization method for conservative nonlinear oscillations,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 9, pp. 9–19, 2001.
- N. Herişanu and V. Marinca, “Optimal homotopy perturbation method for a non-conservative dynamical system of a rotating electrical machine,” Zeitschrift für Naturforschung A, vol. 67, pp. 509–516, 2012.
- V. Marinca and N. Herişanu, “Determination of periodic solutions for the motion of a particle on a rotating parabola by means of the optimal homotopy asymptotic method,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 329, no. 9, pp. 1450–1459, 2010.
- V. Marinca, N. Herişanu, C. Bota, and B. Marinca, “An optimal homotopy asymptotic method applied to the steady flow of a fourth-grade fluid past a porous plate,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 245–251, 2009.
- V. Marinca and N. Herişanu, Nonlinear Dynamical Systems in Engineering—Some Approximate Approaches, Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 2011.
- V. Marinca and N. Herişanu, “An optimal homotopy asymptotic approach applied to nonlinear MHD Jeffery-Hamel flow,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 169056, 16 pages, 2011.
- V. Marinca and N. Herişanu, “Optimal homotopy asymptotic approach to nonlinear oscillators with discontinuities,” Scientific Research and Essays, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 161–167, 2013.