- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 561434, 7 pages
Signal Processing for Nondifferentiable Data Defined on Cantor Sets: A Local Fractional Fourier Series Approach
1School of Electronic Science and Engineering, National University of Defense Technology, Changsha 410073, China
2Department of Mathematics, University of Salerno, Via Giovanni Paolo II, Fisciano, 84084 Salerno, Italy
3School of Mechanics & Civil Engineering, China University of Mining & Technology, Xuzhou 221116, China
Received 3 May 2014; Revised 13 May 2014; Accepted 13 May 2014; Published 10 June 2014
Academic Editor: Xiao-Jun Yang
Copyright © 2014 Zhi-Yong Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. T. Machado, V. Kiryakova, and F. Mainardi, “Recent history of fractional calculus,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 1140–1153, 2011.
- J. Tenreiro Machado, A. M. Galhano, and J. J. Trujillo, “Science metrics on fractional calculus development since 1966,” Fractional Calculus and Applied Analysis, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 479–500, 2013.
- R. Metzler, W. G. Glöckle, and T. F. Nonnenmacher, “Fractional model equation for anomalous diffusion,” Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and Its Applications, vol. 211, no. 1, pp. 13–24, 1994.
- R. Metzler and J. Klafter, “The random walk's guide to anomalous diffusion: a fractional dynamics approach,” Physics Report, vol. 339, no. 1, pp. 1–77, 2000.
- A. S. Kozlov, D. Andor-Ardó, and A. J. Hudspeth, “Anomalous Brownian motion discloses viscoelasticity in the ear’s mechanoelectrical-transduction apparatus,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 109, no. 8, pp. 2896–2901, 2012.
- E. C. de Oliveira, F. Mainardi, and J. Vaz Jr., “Models based on Mittag-Leffler functions for anomalous relaxation in dielectrics,” The European Physical Journal Special Topics, vol. 193, no. 1, pp. 161–171, 2011.
- G. M. Zaslavsky, “Chaos, fractional kinetics, and anomalous transport,” Physics Report, vol. 371, no. 6, pp. 461–580, 2002.
- M. Hellmann, D. W. Heermann, and M. Weiss, “Anomalous reaction kinetics and domain formation on crowded membranes,” Europhysics Letters, vol. 94, no. 1, Article ID 18002, 2011.
- H. Sheng, Y. Q. Chen, and T. S. Qiu, Fractional Processes and Fractional-Order Signal Processing, Springer, London, UK, 2012.
- S. Das and I. Pan, Fractional Order Signal Processing: Introductory Concepts and Applications, Springer, 2012.
- M. D. Ortigueira, Fractional Calculus for Scientists and Engineers, Springer, 2011.
- M. D. Ortigueira and J. A. Tenreiro Machado, “Fractional signal processing and applications,” Signal Processing, vol. 83, no. 11, pp. 2285–2286, 2003.
- R. Magin, M. D. Ortigueira, I. Podlubny, and J. J. Trujillo, “On the fractional signals and systems,” Signal Processing, vol. 91, no. 3, pp. 350–371, 2011.
- M. D. Ortigueira, J. A. Machado, J. J. Trujillo, and B. M. Vinagre, “Fractional signals and systems,” Signal Processing, vol. 91, no. 3, p. 349, 2011.
- Y. Chen, R. Sun, A. Zhou, and N. Zaveri, “Fractional order signal processing of electrochemical noises,” Journal of Vibration and Control, vol. 14, no. 9-10, pp. 1443–1456, 2008.
- R. Tao, B. Deng, and Y. Wang, “Research progress of the fractional Fourier transform in signal processing,” Science in China F: Information Sciences, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 1–25, 2006.
- M. F. Lima, J. T. Machado, and M. Crisóstomo, “Robotic manipulators with vibrations: short time Fourier transform of fractional spectra,” in Intelligent Engineering Systems and Computational Cybernetics, pp. 49–60, Springer, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2009.
- E. Dinç and D. Baleanu, “Fractional wavelet transform for the quantitative spectral resolution of the composite signals of the active compounds in a two-component mixture,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 1701–1708, 2010.
- R. R. Nigmatullin, J. T. Machado, and R. Menezes, “Self-similarity principle: the reduced description of randomness,” Central European Journal of Physics, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 724–739, 2013.
- R. R. Nigmatullin, S. I. Osokin, and V. A. Toboev, “NAFASS: discrete spectroscopy of random signals,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 44, no. 4-5, pp. 226–240, 2011.
- D. Baleanu, R. Nigmatullin, O. Suleyman, and S. Cetin, “Application of the Prony's method to analysis of the FTIR data,” Fractional Differentiation and Its Applications, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 581–586, 2013.
- D. Baleanu and X. J. Yang, “Local fractional Fourier series with applications to representations of fractal signals,” in Proceedings of the ASME/IEEE MESA Conference, Portland, Ore, USA, 2013.
- X. J. Yang, D. Baleanu, and J. T. Machado, “Application of the local fractional Fourier series to fractal signals,” in Proceedings of the Discontinuity and Complexity in Nonlinear Physical Systems, J. A. Tenreiro Machado, D. Baleanu, and A. C. J. Luo, Eds., Springer, 2014.
- Y.-J. Yang, D. Baleanu, and X.-J. Yang, “Analysis of fractal wave equations by local fractional Fourier series method,” Advances in Mathematical Physics, vol. 2013, Article ID 632309, 6 pages, 2013.
- Y. Zhao, D. Baleanu, M. Baleanu, D. F. Cheng, and X. J. Yang, “Mappings for special functions on Cantor sets and special integral transforms via local fractional operators,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 316978, 6 pages, 2013.
- M.-S. Hu, R. P. Agarwal, and X.-J. Yang, “Local fractional Fourier series with application to wave equation in fractal vibrating string,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 567401, 15 pages, 2012.
- Y. Zhang, A. Yang, and X. J. Yang, “1-D heat conduction in a fractal medium A solution by the local fractional Fourier series method,” Thermal Science, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 953–956, 2013.
- X.-J. Yang, D. Baleanu, H. M. Srivastava, and J. A. Tenreiro Machado, “On local fractional continuous wavelet transform,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 725416, 5 pages, 2013.
- Y. Zhao, D. Baleanu, C. Cattani, D.-F. Cheng, and X.-J. Yang, “Local fractional discrete wavelet transform for solving signals on Cantor sets,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2013, Article ID 560932, 6 pages, 2013.
- X. J. Yang, Advanced Local Fractional Calculus and Its Applications, World Science, New York, NY, USA, 2012.