- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 564942, 10 pages
A Spectral Relaxation Approach for Unsteady Boundary-Layer Flow and Heat Transfer of a Nanofluid over a Permeable Stretching/Shrinking Sheet
1School of Mathematical Sciences, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Private Bag X01, Scottsville, Pietermaritzburg 3209, South Africa
2University of Swaziland, Private Bag 4, Kwaluseni, Swaziland
Received 20 March 2014; Accepted 10 April 2014; Published 28 April 2014
Academic Editor: Raseelo Joel Moitsheki
Copyright © 2014 S. S. Motsa et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. E. Bellman and R. E. Kalaba, Quasilinearization and Nonlinear Boundary-Value Problems, Elsevier, New York, NY, USA, 1965.
- V. B. Mandelzweig, “Quasilinearization method and its verification on exactly solvable models in quantum mechanics,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 40, no. 12, pp. 6266–6291, 1999.
- V. B. Mandelzweig and F. Tabakin, “Quasilinearization approach to nonlinear problems in physics with application to nonlinear ODEs,” Computer Physics Communications, vol. 141, no. 2, pp. 268–281, 2001.
- V. B. Mandelzweig, “Quasilinearization method: nonperturbative approach to physical problems,” Physics of Atomic Nuclei, vol. 68, no. 7, pp. 1227–1258, 2005.
- A. S. Fokas, “A unified transform method for solving linear and certain nonlinear PDEs,” Proceedings of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences, vol. 453, no. 1962, pp. 1411–1443, 1997.
- A. S. Fokas, A Unified Approach to Boundary Value Problems, SIAM, 2007.
- T. S. Papatheodorou and A. N. Kandili, “Novel numerical techniques based on Fokas transforms, for the solution of initial boundary value problems,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 227, no. 1, pp. 75–82, 2009.
- J.-H. He, “Coupling method of a homotopy technique and a perturbation technique for non-linear problems,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 37–43, 2000.
- J.-H. He, “Homotopy perturbation method for solving boundary value problems,” Physics Letters, Section A: General, Atomic and Solid State Physics, vol. 350, no. 1-2, pp. 87–88, 2006.
- S. J. Liao, Beyond Perturbation: Introduction to Homotopy Analysis Method, Chapman & Hall/CRC Press, 2003.
- S.-J. Liao, “An analytic approximate approach for free oscillations of self-excited systems,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 271–280, 2004.
- S. S. Motsa, P. Sibanda, and S. Shateyi, “A new spectral-homotopy analysis method for solving a nonlinear second order BVP,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 2293–2302, 2010.
- S. S. Motsa, P. Sibanda, F. G. Awad, and S. Shateyi, “A new spectral-homotopy analysis method for the MHD Jeffery-Hamel problem,” Computers and Fluids, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 1219–1225, 2010.
- S. J. Liao, “The general boundary element method and its further generalizations,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, vol. 31, pp. 627–655, 1999.
- N. Bachok, A. Ishak, and I. Pop, “Unsteady boundary-layer flow and heat transfer of a nanofluid over a permeable stretching/shrinking sheet,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 55, no. 7-8, pp. 2102–2109, 2012.
- S. S. Motsa, “A new spectral relaxation method for similarity variable nonlinear boundary layer flow systems,” Chemical Engineering Communications, vol. 201, no. 2, pp. 241–256, 2014.
- P. Sibanda, Z. G. Makukula, and S. S. Motsa, “A novel numerical technique for two-dimensional laminar flow between two moving porous walls,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 528956, 15 pages, 2010.
- P. Sibanda, Z. G. Makukula, and S. S. Motsa, “A note on the solution of the von kármán equations using series and Chebyshev spectral methods,” Boundary Value Problems, vol. 2010, Article ID 471793, 2010.
- F. G. Awad, P. Sibanda, S. S. Motsa, and O. D. Makinde, “Convection from an inverted cone in a porous medium with cross-diffusion effects,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 1431–1441, 2011.
- S. S. Motsa and P. Sibanda, “A new algorithm for solving singular IVPs of Lane-Emden type,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Applied Mathematics, Simulation, Modelling (ASM '10), pp. 176–180, July 2010.
- C. Canuto, M. Y. Hussaini, A. Quarteroni, and T. A. Zang, Spectral Methods in Fluid Dynamics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1988.
- L. N. Trefethen, Spectral Methods in MATLAB, SIAM, 2000.