- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 973593, 10 pages
Unsteady Hydromagnetic Flow of Radiating Fluid Past a Convectively Heated Vertical Plate with the Navier Slip
Faculty of Military Science, Stellenbosch University, Private Bag X2, Saldanha 7395, South Africa
Received 17 February 2014; Accepted 3 April 2014; Published 17 April 2014
Academic Editor: Raseelo Joel Moitsheki
Copyright © 2014 O. D. Makinde and M. S. Tshehla. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Moreau, Magnetohydrodynamics, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1990.
- J. Hartmann and F. Lazarus, Kongelige Danske Videnskabernes Selskabs, Mat-Fys Medd, 1937.
- I.-C. Liu, “A note on heat and mass transfer for a hydromagnetic flow over a stretching sheet,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 1075–1084, 2005.
- O. D. Makinde, “Similarity solution of hydromagnetic heat and mass transfer over a vertical plate with a convective surface boundary condition,” International Journal of Physical Sciences, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 700–710, 2010.
- M. A. Hossain and A. C. Mandal, “Mass transfer effects on the unsteady hydromagnetic free convection flow past an accelerated vertical porous plate,” Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, vol. 18, no. 7, article 003, pp. L63–L69, 1985.
- A. Ishak, “Unsteady MHD flow and heat transfer over a stretching plate,” Journal of Applied Sciences, vol. 10, no. 18, pp. 2127–2131, 2010.
- M. Q. Brewster, Thermal Radiative Transfer and Properties, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1992.
- H. S. Takhar, R. S. R. Gorla, and V. M. Soundalgekar, “Radiation effects on MHD free convection flow of a gas past a semi-infinite vertical plate,” International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat and Fluid Flow, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 77–83, 1996.
- R. Nandkeolyar, G. S. Seth, O. D. Makinde, P. Sibanda, and M. S. Ansari, “Unsteady hydromagnetic natural convection flow of a dusty fluid past an impulsively moving vertical plate with ramped temperature in the presence of thermal radiation,” ASME-Journal of Applied Mechanics, vol. 80, no. 6, Article ID 061003, 9 pages, 2013.
- Y. I. Seini and O. D. Makinde, “MHD boundary layer due to exponentially stretching surface with radiation and chemical reaction,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2013, Article ID 163614, 7 pages, 2013.
- M. A. Seddeek and E. M. Aboeldahab, “Radiation effects on unsteady MHD free convection with Hall current near an infinite vertical porous plate,” International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 249–255, 2001.
- C. L. M. H. Navier, Mémoire Sur Les Lois Du Mouvement Des fluides, Mémoires de l'Académie des sciences, 1823.
- P. Huang and K. S. Breuer, “Direct measurement of slip length in electrolyte solutions,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 19, no. 2, Article ID 028104, 2007.
- M. J. Martin and I. D. Boyd, “Momentum and heat transfer in a laminar boundary layer with slip flow,” Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 710–719, 2006.
- C. Y. Wang, “Stagnation slip flow and heat transfer on a moving plate,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 61, no. 23, pp. 7668–7672, 2006.
- A. C. Cogley, W. G. Vincent, and S. E. Giles, “Differential approximation to radiative heat transfer in a non-grey gas near equilibrium,” American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 551–553, 1968.
- K. W. Morton and D. F. Mayers, Numerical Solution of Partial Differential Equations: An Introduction, Cambridge University Press, 2005.
- T. Y. Na, Computational Methods in Engineering Boundary Value Problems, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1979.