- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 430604, 6 pages
The Effects of Different Types of Fly Ash on the Compressive Strength Properties of Briquettes
1Civil Engineering Department, Engineering Faculty, Istanbul University, Avcılar Campus, Avcılar, Istanbul, Turkey
2Yapi İnsaat Ltd. Co., Istanbul, Turkey
3Building and Technical Office, Istanbul University, Beyazıt Campus, Istanbul, Turkey
4Civil Engineering Department, Engineering and Architecture Faculty, Abdullah Gul University, Kayseri, Turkey
Received 10 May 2011; Accepted 9 July 2011
Academic Editor: Kin Ho Lo
Copyright © 2011 Özlem Çelik Sola et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Tutunlu and U. Atalay, “Utilization of fly ash in manufacturing of building bricks,” in International Ash Utilization Symposium, Center for Applied Energy Research, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 2001.
- O. Ozdemir, B. Erhan, and M. S. Celik, “Separation of pozzolanic material from lignitic fly ash of Tuncbilek power station,” in International Ash Utilization Symposium, Center for Applied Energy Research, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 2001.
- ASTM standard, ASTM C 618, “Fly ash for use as mineral admixture in Portland cement concrete”.
- Ö. Çelik, E. Damcı, and S. Pişkin, “Characterization of fly ash and it effects on the compressive strength properties of Portland cement,” Indian Journal of Engineering & Materials Sciences, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 433–440, 2008.
- O. Celik, Utilization of Industrial Wastes in Building Sectors, Ph.D. thesis, Yıldız Technical University, 2004.
- L. Xu, W. Guo, T. Wang, and N. Yang, “Study on fired bricks with replacing clay by fly ash in high volume ratio,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 243–247, 2005.
- M. Dondi, G. Ercolani, G. Guarini, and M. Raimondo, “Orimulsión fly ash in clay bricks—part 1: composition and thermal behaviour of ash,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 1729–1735, 2002.
- M. Dondi, G. Guarini, M. Raimondo, and I. Venturi, “Orimulsión fly ash in clay bricks—part 2: technological behaviour of clay/ash mixtures,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 1737–1747, 2002.
- Z. Haiying, Z. Youcai, and Q. Jingyu, “Utilization of municipal solid waste incineration (MSWI) fly ash in ceramic brick: product characterization and environmental toxicity,” Waste Management, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 331–341, 2011.
- T. Takegawa, “Manufacture of bricks from fly ashes,” Fuel and Energy Abstracts, 37-3, Chapter 96/03074, 1996.
- G. Cultrone and E. Sebastián, “Fly ash addition in clayey materials to improve the quality of solid bricks,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 1178–1184, 2009.
- Turkish Standards EN 771-1, “Specification for masonry units-part 1: clay masonry units,” Turkish Standards Institute, Ankara, Turkey, 2005.