- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 767260, 6 pages
Influence of Welding Parameters on Weld Formation and Microstructure of Dual-Laser Beams Welded T-Joint of Aluminum Alloy
1Shanghai Key Laboratory of Materials Laser Processing and Modification, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, China
2Shanghai Aircraft Manufacturing Co., Ltd. Shanghai 200436, China
Received 15 March 2011; Revised 24 May 2011; Accepted 26 May 2011
Academic Editor: J. Dutta Majumdar
Copyright © 2011 Min Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Zain-ul-abdein, D. Nélias, J. F. Jullien, and D. Deloison, “Experimental investigation and finite element simulation of laser beam welding induced residual stresses and distortions in thin sheets of AA 6056-T4,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 527, no. 12, pp. 3025–3039, 2010.
- C. Williams, “CO2 laser processing—an overview,” Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 43–52, 1997.
- X. Cao, W. Wallace, C. Poon, and J. P. Immarigeon, “Research and progress in laser welding of wrought aluminum alloys. I. Laser welding processes,” Materials and Manufacturing Processes, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 1–22, 2003.
- E. Schubert, M. Klassen, I. Zerner, C. Walz, and G. Sepold, “Light-weight structures produced by laser beam joining for future applications in automobile and aerospace industry,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 115, no. 1, pp. 2–8, 2001.
- M. Zain-ul-Abdein, D. Nelias, J. F. Jullien, and D. Deloison, “Prediction of laser beam welding-induced distortions and residual stresses by numerical simulation for aeronautic application,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 209, no. 6, pp. 2907–2917, 2009.
- S. Daneshpour, M. Koçak, F. S. Bayraktar, and S. Riekehr, “Damage tolerance analyses of laser welded “skin-clip” joints for aerospace applications,” Welding in the World, vol. 53, no. 3-4, pp. R90–R98, 2009.
- F. S. Bayraktar, P. Staron, M. Koçak, and A. Schreyer, “Analysis of residual stress in laser welded aerospace aluminium T-joints by neutron diffraction and finite element modelling,” Materials Science Forum, vol. 571-572, pp. 355–360, 2008.
- E. M. Van der Aa, Local cooling during welding: prediction and control of residual stresses and buckling distortion, Ph.D. thesis, Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands, 2006.
- K. Masubuchi, Analysis of Welded Structures, Pergamon Press, New York, NY, USA, 1980.
- M. V. Deo and P. Michaleris, “Mitigation of welding induced buckling distortion using transient thermal tensioning,” Science and Technology of Welding and Joining, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 49–54, 2003.
- W. Machold, W. Staron, P. Bayraktar, F. Riekehr, S. Kocak, and M. Schreyer, “Influence of the welding sequence on residual stresses in laser welded t-joints of an airframe aluminum alloy,” Stress Evaluation in Materials using Neutrons and Synchrotron Radiation, vol. 571-72, pp. 375–380, 2008.
- T. Schenk, M. Doig, G. Esser, and I. M. Richardson, “Influence of clamping support distance on distortion of welded T joints,” Science and Technology of Welding and Joining, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 575–582, 2010.