- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 124820, 6 pages
Optical and Physical Properties of Methyltrimethoxysilane Transparent Film Incorporated with Nanoparticles
Corrosion and Coating Laboratory, Department of Physics, Universiti Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Received 29 October 2012; Revised 9 December 2012; Accepted 9 December 2012
Academic Editor: Wen-Hua Sun
Copyright © 2012 W. Ahliah Ismail et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Venkateswara Rao and G. M. Pajonk, “Effect of methyltrimethoxysilane as a co-precursor on the optical properties of silica aerogels,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 285, no. 1, pp. 202–209, 2001.
- B. J. Privett, J. Youn, S. A. Hong et al., “Antibacterial fluorinated silica colloid superhydrophobic surfaces,” Langmuir, vol. 27, no. 15, pp. 9597–9601, 2011.
- V. V. Ganbavle, U. K. H. Bangi, S. S. Latthe, S. A. Mahadik, and A. V. Rao, “Self-cleaning silica coatings on glass by single step sol-gel route,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 205, no. 23-24, pp. 5338–5344, 2011.
- K. Banger, Y. Yamashita, K. Mori, et al., “Low-temperature, high-performance solution-processed metal oxide thin-film transistors formed by a “sol-gel on chip” process,” Nature Materials, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 45–50, 2010.
- D. Y. Nadargi, S. S. Latthe, and A. Venkateswara Rao, “Effect of post-treatment (gel aging) on the properties of methyltrimethoxysilane based silica aerogels prepared by two-step sol-gel process,” Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 53–59, 2009.
- A. Agrawal and J. P. Cronin, “The merits of Sol-Gel processing for electrochromic windows: a commercial perspective,” Sol-Gel Processing for Conventional and Alternative Energy, pp. 275–291, 2012.
- A. Cannavale, F. Fiorito, M. Manca, G. Tortorici, R. Cingolani, and G. Gigli, “Multifunctional bioinspired sol-gel coatings for architectural glasses,” Building and Environment, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 1233–1243, 2010.
- R. Prado, G. Beobide, A. Marcaide, J. Goikoetxea, and A. Aranzabe, “Development of multifunctional sol-gel coatings: anti-reflection coatings with enhanced self-cleaning capacity,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 94, no. 6, pp. 1081–1088, 2010.
- S. Ilican, Y. Caglar, M. Caglar, and F. Yakuphanoglu, “Structural, optical and electrical properties of F-doped ZnO nanorod semiconductor thin films deposited by sol-gel process,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 255, no. 5, pp. 2353–2359, 2008.
- D. Wang and G. P. Bierwagen, “Sol-gel coatings on metals for corrosion protection,” Progress in Organic Coatings, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 327–338, 2009.
- N. Avci, P. F. Smet, J. Lauwaert, H. Vrielinck, and D. Poelman, “Optical and structural properties of aluminium oxide thin films prepared by a non-aqueous sol-gel technique,” Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 327–333, 2011.
- D. Fregonese and F. Costa, “Sol gel process for producing protective films for polymeric substrates,” EP patent 1,935, 929, 2011.
- O. Bunkoed, F. Davis, P. Kanatharana, P. Thavarungkul, and S. P. J. Higson, “Sol-gel based sensor for selective formaldehyde determination,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 659, no. 1-2, pp. 251–257, 2010.
- S. B. Lee, I. C. Jang, H. H. Lim, V. Aravindan, H. S. Kim, and Y. S. Lee, “Preparation and electrochemical characterization of LiFePO4 nanoparticles with high rate capability by a sol-gel method,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 491, no. 1-2, pp. 668–672, 2010.
- M. C. Tsai, J. C. Chang, H. S. Sheu, H. T. Chiu, and C. Y. Lee, “Lithium ion intercalation performance of porous laminal titanium dioxides synthesized by sol-gel process,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 499–505, 2009.
- W. Zhou, R. Ran, Z. Shao, W. Jin, and N. Xu, “Synthesis of nano-particle and highly porous conducting perovskites from simple in situ sol-gel derived carbon templating process,” Bulletin of Materials Science, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 371–376, 2010.
- K. Farrington and F. Regan, “Molecularly imprinted sol gel for ibuprofen: an analytical study of the factors influencing selectivity,” Talanta, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 653–659, 2009.
- C. J. Brinker and G. W. Scherer, Sol-Gel Science: The Physics and Chemistry of Sol-Gel Processing, Academic Press, 1990.
- C. Reichardt and T. Welton, Solvents and Solvent Effects in Organic Chemistry, Wiley-VCH, 2011.