- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 258673, 7 pages
Simple Method to Synthesize Functionalized Carbon Nanotubes Employing Cobalt Nitrate and Acetone by Using Spray Pyrolysis Deposition Technique
1Instituto Potosino de Investigación Científica y Tecnológica (IPICyT), Camino a la Presa San José 2055,
Colonia Lomas 4 Sección, 78216 San Luis Potosí, SLP, Mexico
2Centro de Investigación en Materiales Avanzados (CIMAV), Miguel de Cervantes 120, Complejo Industrial Chihuahua, 31109 Chihuahua, CHIH, Mexico
Received 29 June 2012; Accepted 19 November 2012
Academic Editor: Wen-Hua Sun
Copyright © 2012 Jorge A. Gómez et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Seelan, D. W. Hwang, L. P. Hwang, and A. K. Sinha, “Synthesis of multiwalled carbon nanotubes by high-temperature vacuum annealing of amorphous carbon,” Vacuum, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 105–109, 2004.
- Z. X. Xu, J. D. Lin, V. A. L. Roy, Y. Ou, and D. W. Liao, “Catalytic synthesis of carbon nanotubes and carbon spheres using Kaolin supported catalyst,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 123, no. 2, pp. 102–106, 2005.
- E. Terrado, M. Redrado, E. Muñoz, W. K. Maser, A. M. Benito, and M. T. Martínez, “Carbon nanotube growth on cobalt-sprayed substrates by thermal CVD,” Materials Science and Engineering C, vol. 26, no. 5–7, pp. 1185–1188, 2006.
- S. Lim, A. Shimizu, S. H. Yoon, Y. Korai, and I. Mochida, “High yield preparation of tubular carbon nanofibers over supported Co-Mo catalysts,” Carbon, vol. 42, pp. 1279–1283, 2004.
- G. Alonso-Nuñez, A. M. Valenzuela-Muñiz, F. Paraguay-Delgado, A. Aguilar, and Y. Verde, “New organometallic precursor catalysts applied to MWCNT synthesis by spray-pirolysis,” Optical Materials, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 134–139, 2006.
- K. Otsuka, Y. Abe, N. Kanai, Y. Kobayashi, S. Takenaka, and E. Tanabe, “Synthesis of carbon nanotubes on Ni/carbon-fiber catalysts under mild conditions,” Carbon, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 727–736, 2004.
- A. Grüneis, M. H. Rümmeli, C. Kramberger et al., “High quality double wall carbon nanotubes with a defined diameter distribution by chemical vapor deposition from alcohol,” Carbon, vol. 44, no. 15, pp. 3177–3182, 2006.
- S. Inoue, T. Nakajima, and Y. Kikuchi, “Synthesis of single-wall carbon nanotubes from alcohol using Fe/Co, Mo/Co, Rh/Pd catalysts,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 406, no. 1–3, pp. 184–187, 2005.
- S. Inoue and Y. Kikuchi, “Diameter control and growth mechanism of single-walled carbon nanotubes,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 410, no. 4–6, pp. 209–212, 2005.
- L. Zheng, X. Liao, and Y. T. Zhu, “Parametric study of carbon nanotube growth via cobalt-catalyzed ethanol decomposition,” Materials Letters, vol. 60, no. 16, pp. 1968–1972, 2006.
- D. Nishide, H. Kataura, S. Suzuki, S. Okubo, and Y. Achiba, “Growth of single-wall carbon nanotubes from ethanol vapor on cobalt particles produced by pulsed laser vaporization,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 392, no. 4–6, pp. 309–313, 2004.
- G. Ortega-Cervantez, G. Rueda-Morales, and J. Ortiz-López, “Catalytic CVD production of carbon nanotubes using ethanol,” Microelectronics Journal, vol. 36, no. 3–6, pp. 495–498, 2005.
- L. A. Montoro, P. Corio, and J. M. Rosolen, “A comparative study of alcohols and ketones as carbon precursor for multi-walled carbon nanotube growth,” Carbon, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 1234–1241, 2007.
- Y. Huh, M. L. H. Green, Y. H. Kim, J. Y. Lee, and C. J. Lee, “Control of carbon nanotube growth using cobalt nanoparticles as catalyst,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 249, no. 1–4, pp. 145–150, 2005.
- Y. M. Shin, S. Y. Jeong, H. J. Jeong et al., “Influence of morphology of catalyst thin film on vertically aligned carbon nanotube growth,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 271, no. 1-2, pp. 81–89, 2004.
- H. Liu, X. Wang, P. Fang et al., “Functionalization of multi-walled carbon nanotubes grafted with self-generated functional groups and their polyamide 6 composites,” Carbon, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 721–729, 2010.
- S. Porro, S. Musso, M. Vinante et al., “Purification of carbon nanotubes grown by thermal CVD,” Physica E, vol. 37, no. 1-2, pp. 58–61, 2007.
- HSC 5.1. Chemistry, http://www.hsc-chemistry.net/.
- A. G. Nasibulin, D. P. Brown, P. Queipo, D. Gonzalez, H. Jiang, and E. I. Kauppinen, “An essential role of CO2 and H2O during single-walled CNT synthesis from carbon monoxide,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 417, no. 1–3, pp. 179–184, 2006.
- W. Zhang, D. Ma, J. Liu, L. Kong, W. Yu, and Y. Qian, “Solvothermal synthesis of carbon nanotubes by metal oxide and ethanol at mild temperature,” Carbon, vol. 42, pp. 2329–2366, 2004.