- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 468032, 5 pages
Coating and Characterization of Mock and Explosive Materials
Department of Engineering and Computer Science, West Texas A&M University, Canyon, TX 79016, USA
Received 16 February 2012; Revised 31 May 2012; Accepted 1 June 2012
Academic Editor: J. Paulo Davim
Copyright © 2012 Emily M. Hunt and Matt Jackson. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. R. Gibbs and A. Popolato, LASL Explosive Property Data, University of California Press, Berkeley, Cailf, USA, 1980.
- J. G. Bennett, K. S. Haberman, J. N. Johnson, B. W. Asay, and B. F. Henson, “A constitutive model for the non-shock ignition and mechanical response of high explosives,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, vol. 46, no. 12, pp. 2303–2322, 1998.
- J. K. Dienes, Q. H. Zuo, and J. D. Kershner, “Impact initiation of explosives and propellants via statistical crack mechanics,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 1237–1275, 2006.
- W. Zhu, J. Xiao, W. Zhu, and H. Xiao, “Molecular dynamics simulations of RDX and RDX-based plastic-bonded explosives,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 164, no. 2-3, pp. 1082–1088, 2009.
- H. Tan, Y. Huang, C. Liu, G. Ravichandran, H. M. Inglis, and P. H. Geubelle, “The uniaxial tension of particulate composite materials with nonlinear interface debonding,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 1809–1822, 2007.
- P. J. Rae, “Studies of the failure mechanisms of polymer bonded explosives by high resolution moiré interferometry and environmental scanning electron microscopy,” in Proceedings of the 11th Detonation Symposium, September 1998.
- C. M. Cady, W. R. Blumenthal, G. T. Gray, and D. J. Idar, “Mechanical properties of plastic-bonded explosive binder materials as a function of strain-rate and temperature,” Polymer Engineering and Science, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 812–819, 2006.
- E. M. Hunt and M. L. Pantoya, “Impact sensitivity of intermetallic nanocomposites: a study on compositional and bulk density,” Intermetallics, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 1612–1616, 2010.
- E. M. Hunt, S. Malcolm, M. L. Pantoya, and F. Davis, “Impact ignition of nano and micron composite energetic materials,” International Journal of Impact Engineering, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 842–849, 2009.