- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 518392, 5 pages
The Influence of Hydroxylated Carbon Nanotubes on Epoxy Resin Composites
1School of Materials Science and Engineering, Jiangsu University of Science and Technology, Zhenjiang 212003, China
2Department of Applied Chemstry, School of Natural and Applied Science, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi’an 710129, China
Received 23 July 2012; Accepted 7 November 2012
Academic Editor: Manish U. Chhowalla
Copyright © 2012 Jiaoxia Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Iijima, “Helical microtubules of graphitic carbon,” Nature, vol. 354, no. 6348, pp. 56–58, 1991.
- S. Iijima and T. Ichihashi, “Single-shell carbon nanotubes of 1-nm diameter,” Nature, vol. 363, no. 6430, pp. 603–605, 1993.
- D. S. Bethune, C. H. Kiang, M. S. de Vries et al., “Cobalt-catalysed growth of carbon nanotubes with single-atomic-layer walls,” Nature, vol. 363, no. 6430, pp. 605–607, 1993.
- J. N. Coleman, U. Khan, W. J. Blau, and Y. K. Gun'ko, “Small but strong: a review of the mechanical properties of carbon nanotube-polymer composites,” Carbon, vol. 44, no. 9, pp. 1624–1652, 2006.
- H. M. Cheng, Carbon Nanotubes Synthesis, Microstructure, Properties and Applications, Chemical Industry Press, Beijing, China, 2002.
- J. Q. Wei, X. F. Zhang, and K. L. Wang, Carbon Nanotubes Macrostructure, Tsinghua University Press, Beijing, China, 2006.
- Y. J. Li, K. L. Wang, J. Q. Wei et al., “Improving tensile properties of double-walled carbon nanotube strands by intercalation of epoxy resin,” Carbon, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 176–179, 2006.
- Z. Yang, X. H. Chen, Y. Q. Liu et al., “Study of carbon nanotubes methylolated and grafted with maleic anhydride,” Acta Chimica Sinica, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 203–207, 2006.
- C. X. Bian, X. C. Xu, G. G. Yang et al., “Study on conductive mechanism of composites-sulfonated polyphenylacetylene/Multiwalled carbon nanotubes,” Acta Chimica Sinica, vol. 65, no. 6, pp. 525–531, 2007.
- Z. Yaping, Z. Aibo, C. Qinghua, Z. Jiaoxia, and N. Rongchang, “Functionalized effect on carbon nanotube/epoxy nano-composites,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 435-436, pp. 145–149, 2006.
- L. Yuan, X. Y. Ma, and Y. Wang, “Study on development of toughening epoxy resins,” Polymer Bulletin, vol. 6, pp. 8–12, 2003.
- S. N. Hsu, L. J. Chen, and S. C. Wu, “Annealing behaviors of dislocation loops near the projected range in high-dose As+-implanted (001)Si,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 68, no. 9, pp. 4503–4507, 1990.
- Y. P. Zheng, R. C. Ning, and Y. Zheng, “Study of SiO2 nanoparticles on the improved performance of epoxy and fiber composites,” Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 223–233, 2005.
- A. Star, J. F. Stoddart, D. Steuerman et al., “Preparation and properties of polymer-wrapped single-walled carbon nanotubes,” Angewandte Chemie—International Edition, vol. 40, no. 9, pp. 1721–1725, 2001.
- G. M. Yuan, X. K. Li, M. J. Zhang, Z. S. Lv, and G. D. Zhang, “Effect of carbon nanotubes on the mechanical properties of epoxy resin,” Aerospace Materials & Technology, no. 2, pp. 38–41, 2005.
- Y. P. Zheng, Q. H. Chen, L. X. Chen, and R. C. Ning, “Study on carbon nanotube/epoxy nano-composites,” Polymer Materials Science & Engineering, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 216–218, 2006.
- Y. C. Feng, M. Z. Qu, G. M. Zhou, B. L. Zhang, and Z. L. Yu, “Study of the carbon nanotubes application to conductive coatings—(I) effects of the carbon nanotubes on the electrical conductivity of conductive coatings,” Polymer Materials Science & Engineering, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 133–135, 2004.