- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 520967, 5 pages
Integral Solution of the Interface Profile of Grain Boundary Grooving by Surface Diffusion
1Department of Mathematics, Shanghai Maritime University, Shanghai 201306, China
2Shaanxi Key Laboratory for Condensed Matter Structure and Properties, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi'an 710072, China
3Department of Mathematics, Shanghai University, Shanghai 200444, China
Received 23 June 2012; Revised 14 October 2012; Accepted 15 October 2012
Academic Editor: Pavel Lejcek
Copyright © 2012 Caifang Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. W. Mullins, “Theory of thermal grooving,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 28, no. 3, p. 333, 1957.
- W. W. Mullins, “Grain boundary grooving by volume diffusion,” Transactions of the Metallurgical Society of the AIME, vol. 218, pp. 354–361, 1960.
- H. Zhang and H. Wong, “Coupled grooving and migration of inclined grain boundaries: regime I,” Acta Materialia, vol. 50, pp. 1983–1994, 2002.
- M. Bouville, C. Dongzhi, and D. J. Srolovitz, “Grain-boundary grooving and agglomeration of alloy thin films with a slow-diffusing species,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 98, no. 8, Article ID 085503, 2007.
- M. Bouville, “Effect of grain shape on the agglomeration of polycrystalline thin films,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 90, no. 6, Article ID 061904, 3 pages, 2007.
- L. Klinger, “Surface evolution in two-component system,” Acta Materialia, vol. 50, no. 13, pp. 3385–3395, 2002.
- H. Wong, M. J. Miksis, P. W. Voorhees, and S. H. Davis, “Capillarity driven motion of solid film wedges,” Acta Materialia, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 2477–2484, 1997.
- F. Yao, “Schauder estimates for parabolic equation of bi-harmonic type,” Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 1503–1516, 2007.