- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 728472, 4 pages
Comparison of the Effects of Fluidized-Bed and Fixed-Bed Reactors in Microwave-Assisted Catalytic Decomposition of TCE by Hydrogen
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Southeast University, Nanjing 211189, China
Received 13 June 2012; Revised 6 August 2012; Accepted 6 August 2012
Academic Editor: Wen-Hua Sun
Copyright © 2012 Lili Ren and Jin Zhang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. E. Doherty, “A history of the production and use of carbon tetrachloride, tetrachloroethylene, trichloroethylene and 1, 1, 1-trichloroethane in the United States: Part 2-Trichloroethylene and 1, 1, 1-trichloroethane,” Environmental Forensics, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 83–93, 2000.
- A. L. Hines, T. K. Ghosh, S. K. Loyalka, and R. C. Warder, Indoor Air Quality and Control, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1993.
- N. S. Babu, N. Lingaiah, and P. S. S. Prasad, “Characterization and reactivity of Al2O3 supported Pd-Ni bimetallic catalysts for hydrodechlorination of chlorobenzene,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 111-112, pp. 309–3316, 2012.
- A. Musialik-Piotrowska, “Destruction of trichloroethylene (TCE) and trichloromethane (TCM) in the presence of selected VOCs over Pt-Pd-based catalyst,” Catalysis Today, vol. 119, no. 1–4, pp. 301–304, 2007.
- F. D. Kopinke, D. Angeles-Wedler, D. Fritsch, and K. Mackenzie, “Pd-catalyzed hydrodechlorination of chlorinated aromatics in contaminated waters-effects of surfactants, organic matter and catalyst protection by silicone coating,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 96, no. 3-4, pp. 323–328, 2010.
- T. Zhou, Y. Li, and T. Lim, “Catalytic hydrodechlorination of chlorophenols by Pd/Fe nanoparticles: comparisons with other bimetallic systems, kinetics and mechanism,” Separation and Purification Technology, vol. 76, pp. 206–214, 2010.
- R. Cheng, W. Zhou, J. Wang et al., “Dechlorination of pentachlorophenol using nanoscale Fe/Ni particles: role of nano-Ni and its size effect,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 180, pp. 79–785, 2010.
- S. Ordóñez, E. Díaz, R. F. Bueres, E. Asedegbega-Nieto, and H. Sastre, “Carbon nanofibre-supported palladium catalysts as model hydrodechlorination catalysts,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 272, no. 1, pp. 158–168, 2010.
- J. A. Manion, P. Mulder, and R. Louw, “Gas-phase hydrogenolysis of polychlorobiphenyls,” Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 280–282, 1985.
- R. Louw, J. W. Rothuizen, and R. C. C. Wegman, “Vapour phase chemistry of arenes. Part II. Thermolysis of chlorobenzene and reactions with aryl radicals and chlorine and hydrogen atoms at 500°,” Journal of the Chemical Society, no. 12, pp. 1635–1640, 1973.
- C. Amorim and M. A. Keane, “Catalytic hydrodechlorination of chloroaromatic gas streams promoted by Pd and Ni: the role of hydrogen spillover.,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 211-212, pp. 208–217, 2012.
- T. N. Kalnes and R. B. James, “Hydrogenation and recycle of organic waste streams,” Environmental Progress, vol. 7, pp. 185–191, 1988.
- H. Takashima, L. Ren, and Y. Kanno, “Catalytic decomposition of TCE under microwave,” Catalysis Communications, vol. 5, pp. 317–319, 2004.
- H. Takashima, M. Karches, and Y. Kanno, “Catalytic decomposition of trichloroethylene over Pt-/Ni-catalyst under microwave heating,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 254, no. 7, pp. 2023–2030, 2008.
- R. Varma, D. Sheu, B. J. Wood, and G. N. Krishnan, “Dctoxification of trichioroethylene,” EPRI Project Report RP8000-45, 1990.
- L. Ren and X. Pan, “Catalysts used for microwave-assisted TCE decomposition by hydrogen,” Catalysis Communications, vol. 12, pp. 1366–1369, 2011.
- N. Barrabes, D. Cornado, K. Foettinger et al., “Hydrodechlorination of trichloroethylene on noble metal promoted Cu-hydrotalcite-derived catalysts,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 263, no. 2, pp. 239–246, 2009.
- D. M. P. Mingos and D. R. Baghurst, “Tilden Lecture. Applications of microwave dielectric heating effects to synthetic problems in chemistry,” Chemical Society Reviews, vol. 20, pp. 1–47, 1991.
- J. R. Thomas Jr. and F. Faucher, “Thermal modeling of microwave heated packed and fluidized bed catalytic reactors,” Journal of Microwave Power and Electromagnetic Energy, vol. 35, pp. 165–174, 2000.
- K. Takehira and T. Shishido, “Autothermal reforming of CH4 over supported Ni catalysts prepared from Mg–Al hydrotalcite-like anionic clay,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 221, pp. 43–54, 2004.
- Q. Jing, H. Lou, L. Mo, and X. Zheng, “Comparative study between fluidized bed and fixed bed reactors in methane reforming with CO2 and O2 to produce syngas,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 47, pp. 459–469, 2006.
- S. Ma, Y. Wang, N. Shah, and G. P. Huffman, “Catalytic methane decomposition using a fluidized bed reactor for hydrogen production,” Preprints of Papers—American Chemical Society Division of Fuel Chemistry Preprints, vol. 50, pp. 636–637, 2005.
- C. Lin, T. Peng, and W. Wang, “Effect of particle size distribution on agglomeration/defluidization during fluidized bed combustion,” Powder Technology, vol. 207, pp. 290–295, 2011.
- S. Jašo, H. Arellano-Garcia, and G. Wozny, “Oxidative coupling of methane in a fluidized bed reactor: influence of feeding policy, hydrodynamics, and reactor geometry,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 171, no. 1, pp. 255–271, 2011.
- P. Subramanian, A. Sampathrajan, and P. Venkatachalam, “Fluidized bed gasification of select granular biomaterials,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 102, no. 2, pp. 1914–1920, 2011.
- E. I. Goksu, G. Sumnu, and A. Esin, “Effect of microwave on fluidized bed drying of macaroni beads,” Journal of Food Engineering, vol. 66, no. 4, pp. 463–468, 2005.
- J. Varith, P. Dijkanarukkul, A. Achariyaviriya, and S. Achariyaviriya, “Combined microwave-hot air drying of peeled longan,” Journal of Food Engineering, vol. 81, no. 2, pp. 459–468, 2007.
- C. Sangdao and M. Krairiksh, “Analysis of a continuous fluidised-bed microwave rice kernel drying system,” Maejo Ational Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 1, pp. 61–71, 2008.