- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 793617, 7 pages
A Phenomenological Thermal-Mechanical Viscoelastic Constitutive Modeling for Polypropylene Wood Composites
School of Materials Science and Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 1954 Huashan Road, Shanghai 200030, China
Received 8 June 2012; Accepted 14 September 2012
Academic Editor: Roham Rafiee
Copyright © 2012 Xiongqi Peng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Kent, “Above board—wood-plastic composites,” Materials World, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 38–40, 2005.
- P. M. Smith and M. P. Wolcott, “Opportunities for wood/natural fiber-plastic composites in residential and industrial applications,” Forest Products Journal, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 4–11, 2006.
- A. Ashori, “Wood-plastic composites as promising green-composites for automotive industries!,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 99, no. 11, pp. 4661–4667, 2008.
- H. Kinoshita, K. Kaizu, M. Fukuda, H. Tokunaga, K. Koga, and K. Ikeda, “Development of green composite consists of woodchips, bamboo fibers and biodegradable adhesive,” Composites B, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 607–612, 2009.
- Y. Wang, J. Z. Cao, and L. Z. Zhu, “Stress relaxation of wood flour/polypropylene composites at room temperature,” Wood and Fiber Science, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 262–270, 2011.
- M. P. Wolcott, F. A. Kamke, and D. A. Dillard, “Fundamentals of flakeboard manufacture: viscoelastic behavior of the wood component,” Wood and Fiber Science, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 345–361, 1990.
- C. Dai, “Viscoelasticity of wood composite mats during consolidation,” Wood and Fiber Science, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 353–363, 2001.
- S. Tamrakar, R. A. Lopez-Anido, A. Kiziltas, and D. J. Gardner, “Time and temperature dependent response of a wood-polypropylene composite,” Composites A, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 834–842, 2011.
- D. Bhattacharyya, M. Bowis, and K. Jayaraman, “Thermoforming woodfibre-polypropylene composite sheets,” Composites Science and Technology, vol. 63, no. 3-4, pp. 353–365, 2003.
- S. Migneault, A. Koubaa, F. Erchiqui, A. Chaala, K. Englund, and M. P. Wolcott, “Effects of processing method and fiber size on the structure and properties of wood-plastic composites,” Composites A, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 80–85, 2009.
- S. J. Liu, “Modeling and simulation of the vacuum forming of wood fiber-filled thermoplastic composites,” Polymer Composites, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 673–680, 1997.
- A. Oudjehane, F. Lam, and S. Avramidis, “Forming and pressing processes of random and oriented wood composite mats,” Composites B, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 211–215, 1998.
- H. Thoemen and P. E. Humphrey, “Modeling the continuous pressing process for wood-based composites,” Wood and Fiber Science, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 456–468, 2003.
- Y. Dong, R. J. T. Lin, and D. Bhattacharyya, “Finite element simulation on thermoforming acrylic sheets using dynamic explicit method,” Polymers and Polymer Composites, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 307–328, 2006.
- J. N. Lee, F. A. Kamke, and L. T. Watson, “Simulation of the hot-pressing of a multi-layered wood strand composite,” Journal of Composite Materials, vol. 41, no. 7, pp. 879–904, 2007.
- F. Erchiqui, F. Godard, A. Gakwaya, A. Koubaa, M. Vincent, and H. Kaddami, “Engineering investigations on the potentiality of the thermoformability of HDPE charged by wood flours in the thermoforming part,” Polymer Engineering and Science, vol. 49, no. 8, pp. 1594–1602, 2009.
- M. P. Wolcott, F. A. Kamke, and D. A. Dillard, “Fundamental aspects of wood deformation pertaining to manufacture of wood-based composites,” Wood and Fiber Science, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 496–511, 1994.
- A. Oudjehane, F. Lam, and S. Avramidis, “A continuum model of the interaction between manufacturing variables and consolidation of wood composite mats,” Wood Science and Technology, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 381–391, 1998.
- K. Stålne and P. J. Gustafsson, “Three-dimensional model for analysis of stiffness and hygroexpansion properties of fiber composite materials,” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, vol. 128, no. 6, pp. 654–662, 2002.
- D. J. Pooler and L. V. Smith, “Nonlinear viscoelastic response of a wood-plastic composite including temperature effects,” Journal of Thermoplastic Composite Materials, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 427–445, 2004.
- K. M. Bogren, E. K. Gamstedt, R. C. Neagu, et al., “Dynamic-mechanical properties of wood-fiber reinforced polylactide: experimental characterization and micromechanical modeling,” Journal of Thermoplastic Composite Materials, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 613–637, 2006.
- A. Pramanick and M. Sain, “Nonlinear viscoelastic creep prediction of HDPE-agro-fiber composites,” Journal of Composite Materials, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 417–431, 2006.
- F. Erchiqui, F. Godard, A. Koubba, M. Vincent, and H. Kaddami, “Investigation of relaxation properties and potentiality of the thermoformability of HDPE charged by wood flours,” Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, vol. 28, no. 10, pp. 1153–1168, 2009.
- N. Chand, K. G. Satyanarayana, and P. K. Rohatgi, “Mechanical characteristics of sunhemp fibres,” Indian Journal of Textile Research, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 86–89, 1986.
- N. Chand and S. A. R. Hashmi, “Mechanical properties of sisal fibre at elevated temperatures,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 28, no. 24, pp. 6724–6728, 1993.