- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 828070, 22 pages
A Review of Metallic Bipolar Plates for Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells: Materials and Fabrication Methods
1Alternative Energy Engineering Technology Program, Lambton College, 1457 London Road, Sarnia, ON, Canada N7S 6K4
2Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry, University of Toronto, 200 College Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M5S 3E5
Received 20 March 2012; Accepted 13 June 2012
Academic Editor: Meilin Liu
Copyright © 2012 Shahram Karimi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Reza Taherian, and Mohammad Nasr, “Performance and material selection of nanocomposite bipolar plate in proton exchange membrane fuel cells,” International Journal of Energy Research, 2013.
- Ah-Reum Kim, Hye-Mi Jung, and Sukkee Um, “An engineering approach to optimal metallic bipolar plate designs reflecting gas diffusion layer compression effects,” Energy, 2013.
- Peiyun Yi, Linfa Peng, Tao Zhou, Jiaqiang Huang, and Xinmin Lai, “Composition optimization of multilayered chromium-nitride–carbon film on 316L stainless steel as bipolar plates for proton exchange membrane fuel cells,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 236, pp. 47–53, 2013.
- Reza Taherian, Mohammad Jaffar Hadianfard, and Ahmad Nozad Golikand, “Manufacture of a polymer-based carbon nanocomposite as bipolar plate of proton exchange membrane fuel cells,” Materials & Design, vol. 49, pp. 242–251, 2013.
- Chen-En Lu, Nen-Wen Pu, Kung-Hsu Hou, Chun-Chieh Tseng, and Ming-Der Ger, “The effect of formic acid concentration on the conductivity and corrosion resistance of chromium carbide coatings electroplated with trivalent chromium,” Applied Surface Science, 2013.
- Diankai Qiu, Peiyun Yi, Linfa Peng, and Xinmin Lai, “Study on shape error effect of metallic bipolar plate on the GDL contact pressure distribution in proton exchange membrane fuel cell,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 38, no. 16, pp. 6762–6772, 2013.
- Taro Kinumoto, Keita Nagano, Yuji Yamamoto, Tomoki Tsumura, and Masahiro Toyoda, “Anticorrosion Properties of Tin Oxide Coatings for Carbonaceous Bipolar Plates of Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells,” Journal of Power Sources, 2013.
- Hsiang-Cheng Wang, Kung-Hsu Hou, Chen-En Lu, and Ming-Der Ger, “The study of electroplating trivalent Cr-C alloys coatings with different current density on stainless steel 304 as bipolar plate of proton exchange membrane fuel cells,” Thin Solid Films, 2014.
- Dionissios D. Papadias, Rajesh K. Ahluwalia, Jeffery K. Thomson, Harry M. Meyer, Michael P. Brady, Heli Wang, John A. Turner, Rangachary Mukundan, and Rod Borup, “Degradation of SS316L Bipolar Plates in Simulated Fuel Cell Environment: Corrosion Rate, Barrier Film Formation Kinetics and Contact Resistance,” Journal of Power Sources, 2014.