- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 872597, 5 pages
Luminescence and Structure of ZnO Grown by Physical Vapor Deposition
1Departamento de Investigación en Física, Universidad de Sonora, 83000 Hermosillo, SON, Mexico
2División de Estudios de Posgrado, Facultad de Ingeniería Química (UMSNH), Ciudad Universitaria, Edificio V-1, Morelia, MICH, Mexico
3Centro de Nanociencias y Nanotecnología, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Apdo. Postal 2681, 22800 Ensenada, BC, Mexico
Received 15 August 2012; Revised 18 November 2012; Accepted 7 December 2012
Academic Editor: Markku Leskela
Copyright © 2012 R. García-Gutiérrez et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Osinsky, J. W. Dong, M. Z. Kauser et al., “MgZnO/AIGaN heterostructure light-emitting diodes,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 85, no. 19, pp. 4272–4274, 2004.
- M. Law, L. E. Greene, J. C. Johnson, R. Saykally, and P. Yang, “Nanowire dye-sensitized solar cells,” Nature Materials, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 455–459, 2005.
- W. I. Park, G. C. Yi, M. Kim, and S. J. Pennycook, “ZnO nanoneedles grown vertically on Si substrates by non-catalytic vapor-phase epitaxy,” Advanced Materials, vol. 14, pp. 1841–1843, 2002.
- T. C. Lin, C. Y. Wang, L. H. Chan, D. Q. Hsiao, and H. C. Shin, “Growth and characterization of a high-purity ZnO nanoneedles film prepared by microwave plasma deposition,” Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B, vol. 24, p. 1318, 2006.
- B. Liu and H. C. Zeng, “Hydrothermal synthesis of ZnO nanorods in the diameter regime of 50 nm,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 125, pp. 4430–4431, 2003.
- B. Cheng and E. T. Samulski, “Hydrothermal synthesis of one-dimensional ZnO nanostructures with different aspect ratios,” Chemical Communications, pp. 986–987, 2004.
- Z. Dong, B. Han, S. Qian, and D. Chen, “Fluorescent properties of ZnO nanostructures fabricated by hydrothermal method,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 251276, 5 pages, 2012.
- Y. Li, G. W. Meng, L. D. Zhang, and F. Phillipp, “Ordered semiconductor ZnO nanowire arrays and their photoluminescence properties,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 76, Article ID 2011, 2000.
- B. Cao, W. Cai, G. Duan, Y. Li, Q. Zhao, and D. Yu, “A template-free electrochemical deposition route to ZnO nanoneedle arrays and their optical and field emission properties,” Nanotechnology, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 2567–2574, 2005.
- B. Cao, X. Teng, S. H. Heo, Y. Li, S. O. Cho, and W. J. Cai, “Different ZnO nanostructures fabricated by a seed-layer assisted electrochemical route and their photoluminescence and field emission properties,” Physical Chemistry C, vol. 111, p. 2470, 2007.
- L. F. Xu, Y. Guo, Q. Liao, J. P. Zhang, and D. S. Xu, “Morphological control of ZnO nanostructures by electrodeposition,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, Article ID 13519, 2005.
- E. Gungor and T. Gungor, “Effect of the substrate movement on the optical properties of ZnO thin films deposited by ultrasonic spray pyrolysis,” Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, Article ID 594971, 7 pages, 2012.
- M. H. Huang, S. Mao, H. Feick et al., “Room-temperature ultraviolet nanowire nanolasers,” Science, vol. 292, no. 5523, pp. 1897–1899, 2001.
- Z. W. Pan, Z. R. Dai, and Z. L. Wang, “Nanobelts of semiconducting oxides,” Science, vol. 291, no. 5510, pp. 1947–1949, 2001.
- H. T. Ng, J. Li, M. K. Smith et al., “Growth of epitaxial nanowires at the junctions of nanowalls,” Science, vol. 300, no. 5623, p. 1249, 2003.
- M. S. Wang, K. E. Lee, and S. H. Hahn, “Optical and photoluminescent properties of sol-gel Al-doped ZnO thin films,” Materials Letters, vol. 61, pp. 1118–1121, 2007.
- K. Vanheusden, W. L. Warren, C. H. Seager, D. R. Tallant, J. A. Voigt, and B. E. Gnade, “Mechanisms behind green photoluminescence in ZnO phosphor powders,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 79, no. 10, pp. 7983–7990, 1996.
- X. L. Wu, G. G. Siu, C. L. Fu, and H. C. Ong, “Photoluminescence and cathodoluminescence studies of stoichiometric and oxygen-deficient ZnO films,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 78, Article ID 2285, 2001.
- A. Janotti and C. G. Van de Walle, “Oxygen vacancies in ZnO,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 87, Article ID 122102, 2005.