- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 901658, 9 pages
Performance Evaluation of Warm- and Hot-Mix Asphalt Mixtures Based on Laboratory and Accelerated Pavement Tests
1Highway Research Division, Korea Institute of Construction Technology, (Daehwa-Dong) 283, Goyangdae-Ro, Ilsanseo-Gu,
Gyeonggi-Do, Goyang-Si 411-712, Republic of Korea
2Department of Civil Engineering, Chonbuk National University, 567 Baekje-Daero, Deokjin-Gu, Jeonbuk, Jeonju-Si 561-756, Republic of Korea
3Department of Transportation Engineering, Hanyang University, 1271 Sa 1-Dong, Gyeonggi-Do, Ansan-Si 426-791, Republic of Korea
Received 13 February 2012; Revised 3 September 2012; Accepted 17 September 2012
Academic Editor: John A. D'Angelo
Copyright © 2012 Yongjoo Kim et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. D. Prowell, G. C. Hurley, and B. Frank, Warm-Mix Asphalt: Best Practices, National Asphalt Pavement Association, Lanham, Md, USA, 2nd edition, 2011.
- R. M. Anderson, G. Baumgardner, R. May, and G. Reinke, “NCHRP 9-47: engineering properties, emissions, and field performance of warm mix asphalt technologies,” Interim Report, National Cooperation Highway Research Program, Washington, DC, USA, 2008.
- R. Bonaquist, “Mix design practices for warm mix asphalt,” National Cooperative Highway Research Program Report 691, Transportation Research Board of the National Academies, 2011.
- J. D’Angelo, E. Harm, J. Bartoszek, et al., “Warm-mix asphalt: European practice,” Tech. Rep. FHWA PL-08-007, FHWA, AASHTO, NCHRP, Alexandria, Va, USA, 2008.
- H. M. D. Silva, J. R. M. Oliveira, C. I. G. Ferreira, and E. J. Peralta, “Evaluation of the rheological behaviour of warm mix asphalt (WMA) modified binders,” in Proceedings of the 7th International RILEM Symposium (ATCBM '09), Rhodes, Greece, 2009.
- H. M. R. D. Silva, J. R. M. Oliveira, J. Peralta, and S. E. Zoorob, “Optimization of warm mix asphalts using different blends of binders and synthetic paraffin wax contents,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 24, no. 9, pp. 1621–1631, 2010.
- S. Yang, J. Lee, S. Hwang, S. Kwon, and C. Baek, Development of Warm-Mix Asphalt Additive and Evaluation of Its Performance, CD-ROM. Transportation Research Board of the National Academies, Washington, DC, USA, 2012.
- Y. Kim, S. Hwang, S. Kwon, K. Jeong, S. Yang, and Y. Kim, “Laboratory and field experiences of low energy and low carbon-dioxide asphalt pavement in Korea,” in Proceedings of the 2nd GeoHunan International Conference, Hunan, China, 2011.
- J. Lee, J. Lim, S. Yang, D. Cho, and S. Kwon, “Preliminary study from Korea warm-mix asphalt,” in Proceedings of the 2nd GeoHunan International Conference, Hunan, China, 2011.
- Y. Kim, S. Yang, D. Cho, et al., “Evaluation of moisture susceptibility and stripping resistance for warm-mix asphalt mixtures containing adhesion promoter,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Road and Airfield Pavement Technology (ICPT '11), Bangkok, Thailand, 2011.
- J. Lee, Y. Kim, D. Cho, S. Yang, J. Lim, and S. Kwon, “Evaluation of moisture susceptibility of warm-mix asphalt with MMLS,” in Proceedings of the 24th World Road Congress, Mexico City, Mexico, 2011.
- Y. Kim, J. Lee, D. Cho, et al., “Building sustainable pavements with wax-based compound using a warm-mix asphalt technology in Korea,” in Proceedings of the Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies (EASTS) Conference, Jeju, Republic of Korea, 2011.
- Y. Kim, C. Baek, J. Lee, et al., “Evaluation of LEADCAP WMA additive for use in PSMA mixture in China,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Highway Engineering for Sustainable Innovations toward Green Highways, Bangkok, Thailand, 2012.
- Y. Kim, D. Cho, K. Jeong, Y. Kim, K. Kesaka, and M. Sugiura, “Evaluation of plant-produced porous warm-mix asphalt mixture using LEADCAP additive,” in Proceedings of the ISAP International Symposium on Heavy Duty Asphalt Pavements and Bridge Deck Pavements, Nanjing, China, 2012.
- J. Oliveira, H. Silva, P. Fonseca et al., “Laboratory and field study of a WMA mixture produced with a new temperature reduction additive,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Warm Mix Asphalt, St. Louis, Mo, USA, 2011.
- ASTM, “Standard test method for marshall stability and flow of bituminous mixtures,” Tech. Rep. ASTM D 6927, American Society for Testing and Materials, 2003.
- B. Egbert, “Impacts and benefits from APT programs for the asphalt industry,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Accelerated Pavement Testing, Madrid, Spain, 2008.
- D. Jones, R. Wu, T. Bor-Wen, Q. Lu, and J. T. Harvey, “Warm-mix asphalt study: test track construction and first-level analysis of phase 1 HVS and laboratory testing,” Research Report UCPRC-RR-2008-11, 2008.
- D. Jones, R. Wu, T. Bor-Wen, Q. Lu, and J. T. Harvey, “Warm-mix asphalt study: first-level analysis of phase 2 HVS and laboratory testing and phase 1 and phase 2 forensic assessments,” Research Report UCPRC-RR-2009-02, 2009.