- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 904354, 6 pages
Cholesteric Liquid Crystalline Copolymers for Gas Chromatographic Separation of Polycyclic Aromatic Compounds
Center for General Education, Chang Gung University of Science and Technology, 261 Wen-Hwa 1st Road, Kwei-Shan, Tao-Yuan, Taiwan
Received 8 August 2012; Accepted 31 October 2012
Academic Editor: Luigi Nicolais
Copyright © 2012 Chih-Hung Lin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Kelker, Berichte der Bunsengesellschaft für Physikalische Chemie, vol. 67, pp. 698–703, 1963.
- H. Kelker and Z. Fresenius, Analytical Chemistry, vol. 198, p. 254, 1963.
- M. K. Menster, D. D. Bombick, D. B. Bunning et al., “Liquid crystalline copolymers in capillary gas chromatography,” Polymer Preprints, vol. 33, pp. 1150–1151, 1992.
- Z. Witkiewicz, “Liquid-crystalline stationary phases for gas chromatography,” Journal of Chromatography A, vol. 251, no. 3, pp. 311–337, 1982.
- W.-S. Lee and G.-P. Chang-Chien, “All-hydrocarbon liquid crystalline polysiloxane polymer as stationary phase in gas chromatography capillary column for separation of isomeric compounds of polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 70, no. 19, pp. 4094–4099, 1998.
- A. Radecki, H. Lamparczyk, and R. Kaliszan, “A relationship between the retention indices on nematic and isotropic phases and the shape of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons,” Chromatographia, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 595–599, 1979.
- H. Finkelmann and G. Rehage, “Investigations on liquid crystalline polysiloxanes, 4. Cholesteric homopolymers-synthesis and optical characterization,” Die Makromolekulare Chemie, Rapid Communications, vol. 3, no. 12, pp. 859–964, 1982.
- R. Fu, P. Jing, J. Gu, Z. Huang, and Y. Chen, “Side-chain liquid crystalline polysiloxane containing crown ether used as stationary phase for capillary gas chromatography,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 65, pp. 2141–2144, 1993.
- C. Lin, “Chiral nematic liquid crystalline copoltmers as stationary phases materials in capillary gas chromatography,” Asian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 24, pp. 5190–5194, 2012.
- H. Wang, T. Gen, R. Fu et al., “Gas chromatographic separation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons on a mesomorphic copolysiloxane stationary phase,” Journal of Chromatography, vol. 609, no. 1-2, pp. 414–418, 1992.
- J.-L. Lin and C.-S. Hsu, “Synthesis of high temperature mesomorphic polysiloxanes and their use as stationary phases for high resolution gas chromatography,” Polymer Journal, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 153–167, 1993.
- G. M. Janini, R. J. Laub, and T. J. Shaw, “Synthesis and properties of high temperature mesomorphic polysiloxane (MEPSIL) solvents. Amide, ester and Schiff's base linked systems,” Die Makromolekulare Chemie, Rapid Communications, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 57–63, 1985.
- W. L. Zielinski, M. M. Miller, G. Ulma, and S. P. Wasik, “Gas-liquid chromatography of polychlorinated biphenyl congeners between a nematic liquid crystal phase and a nonpolar phase,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 58, no. 13, pp. 2692–2696, 1986.
- G. M. Janini, G. M. Muschik, H. J. Issaq, and R. J. Laub, “Neat and admixed mesomorphic polysiloxane stationary phases for open-tubular column gas chromatography,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 60, no. 11, pp. 1119–1124, 1988.
- N. W. Adams, J. S. Bradshaw, J. M. Bayona, K. E. Markides, and M. L. Lee, “Synthesis and chromatographic properties of liquid crystalline polysiloxanes containing steroid substituents,” Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, vol. 147, no. 1, pp. 43–60, 1987.
- M. A. Apfel, H. Finkelmann, G. M. Janini et al., “Synthesis and properties of high-temperature mesomorphic polysiloxane solvents: biphenyl- and terphenyl-based nematic systems,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 651–658, 1985.