- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 920105, 6 pages
Preparation of Nanosized - Particles Using a Microwave Pretreatment at Mild Temperature
1Department of Chemistry, College of Sciences, Yeungnam University, Gyeongbuk, Gyeongsan 712-749, Republic of Korea
2School of Chemical Engineering, Yeungnam University, Gyeongbuk, Gyeongsan 712-749, Republic of Korea
3Division of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, Kongju National University, Cheonan 330-717, Republic of Korea
Received 29 May 2012; Revised 10 July 2012; Accepted 17 July 2012
Academic Editor: Sinnanadar Ramasamy
Copyright © 2012 Hyun Soo Kim et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. M. Martín-Ruiz, L. A. Pérez-Maqueda, T. Cordero et al., “High surface area α-alumina preparation by using urban waste,” Ceramics International, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 2111–2117, 2009.
- Y. S. Yoo, K. Y. Park, K. Y. Jung, and S. B. Cho, “Preparation of α-alumina nanoparticles via vapor-phase hydrolysis of AlCl3,” Materials Letters, vol. 63, no. 21, pp. 1844–1846, 2009.
- F. Mirjalili, M. Hasmaliza, and L. C. Abdullah, “Size-controlled synthesis of nano α-alumina particles through the sol-gel method,” Ceramics International, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 1253–1257, 2010.
- J. G. Li and X. Sun, “Synthesis and sintering behavior of a nanocrystalline α-alumina powder,” Acta Materialia, vol. 48, no. 12, pp. 3103–3112, 2000.
- X. Su, J. Li, and J. Mater, “Low temperature synthesis of single-crystal alpha alumina platelets by calcining bayerite and potassium sulfate,” Journal of Materials Science & Technology, vol. 27, no. 11, pp. 1011–1015, 2011.
- Z. Xie, J. Yang, and Y. Huang, “Densification and grain growth of alumina by microwave processing,” Materials Letters, vol. 37, no. 4-5, pp. 215–220, 1998.
- T. Ebadzadeh and K. Asadian, “Microwave-assisted synthesis of nanosized α-Al2O3,” Powder Technology, vol. 192, no. 2, pp. 242–244, 2009.
- M. Addamo, M. Bellardita, D. Carriazo et al., “Inorganic gels as precursors of TiO2 photocatalysts prepared by low temperature microwave or thermal treatment,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 84, no. 3-4, pp. 742–748, 2008.
- S. M. Kim, Y. J. Lee, K. W. Jun, J. Y. Park, and H. S. Potdar, “Synthesis of thermo-stable high surface area alumina powder from sol-gel derived boehmite,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 104, no. 1, pp. 56–61, 2007.
- H. Liu, G. Ning, Z. Gan, and Y. Lin, “Emulsion-based synthesis of unaggregated, spherical alpha alumina,” Materials Letters, vol. 62, no. 10-11, pp. 1685–1688, 2008.
- W. B. Allen, O. Kenneth, R. Thomas, and Y. C. Ignatius, “On the estimation of average crystallite size of zeolites from the Scherrer equation: a critical evaluation of its application to zeolites with one-dimensional pore systems,” Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, vol. 117, no. 1-2, pp. 75–90, 2009.
- Q. Zhao, X. Zhou, M. Ji, D. Wu, T. Jiang, and H. Yin, “Synthesis of ordered cubic mesoporous ZrMCM-48 molecular sieve with aid of fluoride ions,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 384, no. 1–3, pp. 513–518, 2011.
- M. D. Donohue and G. L. Aranovich, “Classification of Gibbs adsorption isotherms,” Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 76-77, pp. 137–152, 1998.
- V. Gallardo, M. E. Morales, M. A. Ruiz, and A. V. Delgado, “An experimental investigation of the stability of ethylcellulose latex: correlation between zeta potential and sedimentation,” European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 170–175, 2005.