- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 140643, 6 pages
Morphology and In Vitro Behavior of Electrospun Fibrous Poly(D,L-lactic acid) for Biomedical Applications
1Department of Orthodontics, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, 2-870-1 Sakaecho Nishi, Matsudo, Chiba 271-8587, Japan
2Department of Dental Biomaterials, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, 2-870-1 Sakaecho Nishi, Matsudo, Chiba 271-8587, Japan
3Department of Oral Biomaterials and Technology, Showa University School of Dentistry, 1-5-8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 142-8555, Japan
4Department of Dental Caries and Aesthetic Dentistry, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, 2-870-1 Sakaecho Nishi, Matsudo, Chiba 271-8587, Japan
Received 26 December 2012; Accepted 10 May 2013
Academic Editor: Peter Majewski
Copyright © 2013 Toshihiro Inami et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. A. Ignatius, O. Betz, P. Augat, and L. E. Claes, “In vivo investigations on composites made of resorbable ceramics and poly(lactide) used as bone graft substitutes,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research B, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 701–709, 2001.
- Q. Lu, A. Simionescu, and N. Vyavahare, “Novel capillary channel fiber scaffolds for guided tissue engineering,” Acta Biomaterialia, vol. 1, no. 6, pp. 607–614, 2005.
- Y. Tanimoto and N. Nishiyama, “Preparation and in vitro behavior of a poly(lactic acid)-fiber/ hydroxyapatite composite sheet,” Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 2009, Article ID 827241, 2009.
- S. I. Jeong, E. K. Ko, J. Yum, C. H. Jung, Y. M. Lee, and H. Shin, “Nanofibrous poly(lactic acid)/hydroxyapatite composite scaffolds for guided tissue regeneration,” Macromolecular Bioscience, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 328–338, 2008.
- D. Li, Y. Wang, and Y. Xia, “Electrospinning nanofibers as uniaxially aligned arrays and layer-by-layer stacked films,” Advanced Materials, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 361–366, 2004.
- M. M. Munir, F. Lskander, R. Khairur, and K. Okuyama, “High performance electrospinning system for fabricating highly uniform polymer nanofibers,” Review of Scientific Instruments, vol. 80, Article ID 026106, 2009.
- W. Cui, X. Li, S. Zhou, and J. Weng, “In situ growth of hydroxyapatite within electrospun poly(DL-lactide) fibers,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research A, vol. 82, no. 4, pp. 831–841, 2007.
- N. T. Hiep and B. T. Lee, “Electro-spinning of PLGA/PCL blends for tissue engineering and their biocompatibility,” Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 1969–1978, 2010.
- M. Ngiam, S. Liao, A. J. Patil, Z. Cheng, C. K. Chan, and S. Ramakrishna, “The fabrication of nano-hydroxyapatite on PLGA and PLGA/collagen nanofibrous composite scaffolds and their effects in osteoblastic behavior for bone tissue engineering,” Bone, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 4–16, 2009.
- Y. Tanimoto, T. Hayakawa, T. Sakae, and K. Nemoto, “Characterization and bioactivity of tape-cast and sintered TCP sheets,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research - Part A, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 571–579, 2006.
- T. Kokubo, M. Hanakawa, M. Kawashita et al., “Apatite formation on non-woven fabric of carboxymethylated chitin in SBF,” Biomaterials, vol. 25, no. 18, pp. 4485–4488, 2004.
- M. Tanahashi and T. Matsuda, “Surface functional group dependence on apatite formation on self-assembled monolayers in a simulated body fluid,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 305–315, 1997.
- K. Sato, Y. Kumagai, and J. Tanaka, “Apatite formation on organic monolayers in simulated body environment,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 16–20, 2000.
- K. Kitahara, M. Fuse, and M. Fukumoto, “Effect of the introduction of a carboxylic acid group onto the surface of a three-dimensional porous poly (lactic acid) scaffold on apatite deposition,” International Journal of Oral-Medical Sciences, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 179–186, 2011.
- T. Hanawa, M. Kon, H. Ukai, K. Murakami, Y. Miyamoto, and K. Asaoka, “Surface modification of titanium in calcium-ion-containing solutions,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 273–278, 1997.
- Y. Wan, X. Cao, S. Zhang, S. Wang, and Q. Wu, “Fibrous poly(chitosan-g-dl-lactic acid) scaffolds prepared via electro-wet-spinning,” Acta Biomaterialia, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 876–886, 2008.
- Z. M. Huang, Y. Z. Zhang, M. Kotaki, and S. Ramakrishna, “A review on polymer nanofibers by electrospinning and their applications in nanocomposites,” Composites Science and Technology, vol. 63, no. 15, pp. 2223–2253, 2003.