- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 146896, 6 pages
The Spot Weldability of Carbon Steel Sheet
1Faculty of Geosciences and Geoengineering, Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg, Gustav-Zeuner-Straße 12,
09599 Freiberg, Germany
2Baghdad University, Al-Khwarizmi College of Engineering, University of Baghdad, Baghdad, Iraq
3Baghdad University, College of Engineering, Baghdad, Iraq
Received 12 May 2013; Revised 25 August 2013; Accepted 5 September 2013
Academic Editor: Daolun Chen
Copyright © 2013 A. M. Al-Mukhtar and Q. Doos. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. W. Gibson, Advanced Welding, Macmillan, London, UK, 1997.
- J. M. Sawhill Jr. and J. C. Baker, “Spot weldability of high-strength sheet steels,” Welding Journal, vol. 59, no. 1, 1980.
- J. M. Sawhill Jr., H. Watanabe, and J. W. Mitchell, “Spot weldability of Mn Mo Cb, V–N and SAE 1008 steels,” Welding Journal, vol. 56, no. 7, 1977.
- S. Aslanlar, A. Ogur, U. Ozsarac, E. Ilhan, and Z. Demir, “Effect of welding current on mechanical properties of galvanized chromided steel sheets in electrical resistance spot welding,” Materials and Design, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 2–7, 2007.
- N. Kahraman, “The influence of welding parameters on the joint strength of resistance spot-welded titanium sheets,” Materials and Design, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 420–427, 2007.
- D. Özyürek, “An effect of weld current and weld atmosphere on the resistance spot weldability of 304 L austenitic stainless steel,” Materials and Design, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 597–603, 2008.
- D. K. Aidun and R. W. Bennett, “Effect of resistance welding variables on the strength of spot welded 6061-T6 Aluminum alloy,” Welding Journal, vol. 64, no. 12, pp. 15–25, 1985.
- D. R. Andrews, “The importance of monitoring resistance welding parameters,” Welding and Metal Fabrication, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 121–122, 1986.
- P. K. Ray and B. B. Verma, “A study on spot heating induced fatigue crack growth retardation,” Fatigue and Fracture of Engineering Materials and Structures, vol. 28, no. 7, pp. 579–585, 2005.
- S. Aslanlar, A. Ogur, U. Ozsarac, and E. Ilhan, “Welding time effect on mechanical properties of automotive sheets in electrical resistance spot welding,” Materials and Design, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 1427–1431, 2008.
- A. W. Society, Welding, Welding Handbook, 4th Edition, Sec. (2), 1958.
- B. E. Rossi, Welding Engineering, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1954.
- J. Dufourny and A. Bragard, “Resistance spot welding of high strength low alloy steel (HSLA) sheet, a survey,” Welding in the World, Le Soudage Dans Le Monde, vol. 23, no. 5-6, pp. 100–123, 1985.
- H. Moshayedi and I. Sattari-Far, “Numerical and experimental study of nugget size growth in resistance spot welding of austenitic stainless steels,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 212, no. 2, pp. 347–354, 2012.
- T. Uwaba, Y. Yano, and M. Ito, “Resistance spot weldability of 11Cr-ferritic/martensitic steel sheets,” Journal of Nuclear Materials, vol. 421, no. 1–3, pp. 132–139, 2012.