- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 149672, 6 pages
Materials Selection, Synthesis, and Dielectrical Properties of PVC Nanocomposites
1Electrical Engineering Department, King Abdulaziz University, Rabigh 21911, Saudi Arabia
2Electrical Engineering Department, Faculty of Energy Engineering, Aswan University, Sahari City 81528, Egypt
3Chemical and Materials Engineering Department, King Abdulaziz University, Rabigh 21911, Saudi Arabia
4Chemical Engineering Department, Higher Technological Institute, Tenth of Ramadan City 11111, Egypt
5Faculty of Science, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
Received 12 March 2013; Revised 20 May 2013; Accepted 21 May 2013
Academic Editor: Mohd Sapuan Salit
Copyright © 2013 Youssef Mobarak et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Lan and T. J. Pinnavaia, “Clay-reinforced epoxy nanocomposites,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 6, no. 12, pp. 2216–2219, 1994.
- W. Feng, A. Ait-kadi, and B. Riedl, “Polymerization compounding: epoxy-montmorillonite nanocomposites,” Polymer Engineering and Science, vol. 42, no. 9, pp. 1827–1835, 2002.
- M. Sh. Zoromba, M. Bassyouni, and A. Dahshan, “Preparation and mechanico-optical properties of ultraviolet-curable transparent polyurethane elastomer nanocomposites,” Journal of Nanotechnology in Engineering and Medicine, vol. 3, no. 1, Article ID 011008, 5 pages, 2012.
- M. Bassyouni, S. A. Sherif, M. A. Sadek, and F. H. Ashour, “Synthesis and characterization of polyurethane—treated waste milled light bulbs composites,” Composites B: Engineering, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 1439–1444, 2012.
- M. Bassyouni, I. Taha, S. M.-S. Abdel-Hamid, and L. Steuernagel, “Physico-mechanical properties of chemically treated polypropylene rice straw bio-composites,” Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 303–312, 2012.
- S. A. Gutub, M. Bassyouni, and S. M. S. Abdel-Hamid, “Dissolved solids adsorption of freshwater using synthesized bio-foam composite,” Life Science Journal, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 464–471, 2013.
- S. A. Sheriff, M. A. Sadek, F. H. Ashour, and M. Bassyouni, “Effects of surface treatment of ground rice husk on the polyurethane based on castor oil,” Polymers and Polymer Composites, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 481–485, 2009.
- A. Z. Simeõs and C. S. Riccardi, “Dielectric spectroscopy analyses of SrBi4Ti4O 15 films obtained from soft chemical solution,” Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 2009, Article ID 928545, 6 pages, 2009.
- C. Y. Lai, S. M. Sapuan, M. Ahmad, N. Yahya, and K. Z. H. M. Dahlan, “Mechanical and electrical properties of coconut coir fiber-reinforced polypropylene composites,” Polymer - Plastics Technology and Engineering, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 619–632, 2005.
- T. Imai, F. Sawa, T. Yoshimitsu, T. Ozaki, and T. Shimizu, “Preparation and insulation properties of epoxy-layered silicate nanocomposite,” in Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Electrical Insulation and Dielectric Phenomena (CEIDP '04), pp. 402–405, October 2004.
- D. A. Bolon, “Epoxy chemistry for electrical insulation,” IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 10–18, 1995.
- R. S. Gorur, E. A. Cherney, and J. T. Burnham, Outdoor Insulators, Ravi S Gorur, Phoenix, Ariz, USA, 1999.
- R. Hackam, “Outdoor HV composite polymeric insulators,” IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 557–585, 1999.
- L. H. Meyer, E. A. Cherney, and S. H. Jayaram, “The role of inorganic fillers in silicone rubber for outdoor insulation—alumina tri-hydrate or silica,” IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 13–21, 2004.
- T. J. Lewis, “Nanometric dielectrics,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society, London, vol. A247, pp. 529–551, 1994.
- C. Green and A. Vaughan, “Nanodielectrics—how much do we really understand?” IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 6–16, 2008.
- B. Venkatasulu and M. J. Thomas, “Erosion resistance of silicone rubber nanocomposites at lower filler loadings,” in Proceedings of International Symposium on High Voltage Engineering (ISH '09), pp. 1–6, 2009.
- B. Venkatesulu and M. J. Thomas, “Studies on the tracking and erosion resistance of RTV silicone rubber nanocomposite,” in Proceedings of Annual Report Conference on Electrical Insulation and Dielectric Phenomena (CEIDP '08), pp. 204–207, October 2008.
- I. Ramirez, E. A. Cherney, S. Jayaram, and M. Gauthier, “Silicone rubber nanocomposites for outdoor insulation applications,” in Proceedings of Annual Report Conference on Electrical Insulation and Dielectric Phenomena (CEIDP '07), pp. 384–387, October 2007.
- G. Iyer, R. S. Gorur, R. Richert, A. Krivda, and L. E. Schmidt, “Dielectric properties of epoxy based nanocomposites for high voltage insulation,” IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 659–666, 2011.
- M. S. Naidu and V. Karamaju, High Voltage Engineering, Tata McGraw-Hill, Noida, India, 3rd edition, 2004.
- R. I. Buhl, J. Brandrup, M. Bitterner, W. Michaeli, and G. Menges, Recyling and Recovery of Plastics, Carl Hanser, Munich, Germany, 1996.
- M. E. Bassiouni, F. Al-Shamy, N. K. Madi, and M. E. Kassem, “Temperature and electric field effects on the dielectric dispersion of modified polyvinyl chloride,” Materials Letters, vol. 57, no. 9-10, pp. 1595–1603, 2003.
- X.-L. Xie, R. K.-Y. Li, Q.-X. Liu, and Y.-W. Mai, “Structure-property relationships of in-situ PMMA modified nano-sized antimony trioxide filled poly(vinyl chloride) nanocomposites,” Polymer, vol. 45, no. 8, pp. 2793–2802, 2004.
- M. M. Ueki and M. Zanin, “Influence of additives on the dielectric strength of high-density polyethylene,” IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, vol. 6, pp. 876–881, 1999.
- G. Wypych, Handbook of Fillers, Transcontinental Printing, Quebec, Canada, 2nd edition, 1999.
- N. Fuse, Y. Ohki, and T. Tanaka, “Comparison of nano-structuration effects in polypropylene among four typical dielectric properties,” IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 671–677, 2010.
- M. Takala, H. Ranta, P. Nevalainen et al., “Dielectric properties and partial discharge endurance of polypropylene-silica nanocomposite,” IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 1259–1267, 2010.
- M. Ambid, D. Mary, G. Teyssedre et al., “Effect of filler concentration on dielectric behaviour and on charge trapping in PP/clay nanocomposites,” in Proceedings of Annual Report Conference on Electrical Insulation and Dielectric Phenomena (CEIDP '04), pp. 389–392, October 2004.
- L. Bois, F. Chassagneux, S. Parola et al., “Growth of ordered silver nanoparticles in silica film mesostructured with a triblock copolymer PEO-PPO-PEO,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 182, no. 7, pp. 1700–1707, 2009.
- A. Usuki, Y. Kojima, M. Kawasumi et al., “Synthesis of nylon 6-clay hybrid,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 1179–1184, 1993.
- M. Ochi, R. Takahashi, and A. Terauchi, “Phase structure and mechanical and adhesion properties of epoxy/silica hybrids,” Polymer, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 5151–5158, 2001.
- P. O. Henk, T. W. Kortsen, and T. Kvarts, “Increasing the electrical discharge endurance of acid anhydride cured DGEBA epoxy resin by dispersion of nanoparticle silica,” High Performance Polymers, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 281–296, 1999.
- A. Thabet and Y. A. Mobarak, “A model for dielectric characterization of nanocomposite polymeric industrial materials,” Journal of Engineering Sciences, vol. 40, no. 5, 2012.
- A. Thabet and Y. A. Mobarak, “Experimental study for dielectric strength of new nanocomposite polyethylene industrial materials,” International Journal of Electrical Engineering and Technology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 553–564, 2012.
- A. Thabet and Y. A. Mobarak, “Dielectric characteristics of new nano-composite industrial materials,” in Proceedings of International Conference on High Voltage Engineering and Application (ICHVE '10), pp. 568–571, New Orleans, La, USA, October 2010.
- V. Raja, A. K. Sharma, and V. V. R. N. Rao, “Impedance spectroscopic and dielectric analysis of PMMA-CO-P4VPNO polymer films,” Materials Letters, vol. 58, no. 26, pp. 3242–3247, 2004.