- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 214506, 9 pages
Manufacture of Green-Composite Sandwich Structures with Basalt Fiber and Bioepoxy Resin
1Instituto de Ciencia y Tecnología de Materiales, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata, Av. J.B. Justo 4302, B7608FDQ Mar del Plata, Argentina
2Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Camino Vera s/n, 46022 Valencia, Spain
3Universitat Jaume I, Avenida de Vicent Sos Baynat, 12071 Castellón, Spain
Received 8 March 2013; Accepted 7 May 2013
Academic Editor: Belal F. Yousif
Copyright © 2013 J. P. Torres et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- X. Q. Liu, W. Huang, Y. H. Jiang, J. Zhu, and C. Z. Zhang, “Preparation of a bio-based epoxy with comparable properties to those of petroleum-based counterparts,” Express Polymer Letters, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 293–298, 2012.
- D. Ratna, “Mechanical Properties and Morphology of epoxidized syabean-oil-modified epoxy resin,” Polymer International, vol. 50, pp. 179–184, 2001.
- M. Haq, R. Burgueño, A. K. Mohanty, and M. Misra, “Processing techniques for bio-based unsaturated-polyester/clay nanocomposites: tensile properties, efficiency, and limits,” Composites A, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 394–403, 2009.
- H. Miyagawa, A. K. Mohanty, R. Burgueño, L. T. Drzal, and M. Misra, “Novel biobased resins from blends of functionalized soybean oil and unsaturated polyester resin,” Journal of Polymer Science B, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 698–704, 2007.
- Q. Liu, Basalt fiber reinforced polymer composites [Ph.D. thesis], University of Connecticut, 2006.
- V. Fiore, G. Di Bella, and A. Valenza, “Glass-basalt/epoxy hybrid composites for marine applications,” Materials and Design, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 2091–2099, 2011.
- V. Lopresto, C. Leone, and I. De Iorio, “Mechanical characterisation of basalt fibre reinforced plastic,” Composites Part B, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 717–723, 2011.
- J. A. García, L. Gascón, E. Cueto, I. Ordeig, and F. Chinesta, “Meshless methods with application to Liquid Composite Molding simulation,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 198, no. 33–36, pp. 2700–2709, 2009.
- R. Arbter, J. M. Beraud, C. Binetruy et al., “Experimental determination of the permeability of textiles: a benchmark exercise,” Composites A, vol. 42, no. 9, pp. 1157–1168, 2011.
- P. Ferland, D. Guittard, and F. Trochu, “Concurrent methods for permeability measurement in resin transfer molding,” Polymer Composites, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 149–158, 1996.
- K. Hoes, D. Dinescu, H. Sol et al., “New set-up for measurement of permeability properties of fibrous reinforcements for RTM,” Composites A, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 959–969, 2002.
- R. Masoodi, R. F. El-Hajjar, K. M. Pillai, and R. Sabo, “Mechanical characterization of cellulose nanofiber and bio-based epoxy composite,” Materials and Design, vol. 36, pp. 570–576, 2012.
- J. R. Vinson, The Behavior of Sandwich Structures of Isotropic and Composite Materials, CRC Press, 1999.