- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 217848, 6 pages
Effect of Process Parameters on Gas Nitriding of Grey Cast Iron
School of Mechanical Engineering, Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing 100081, China
Received 2 August 2013; Revised 22 October 2013; Accepted 18 November 2013
Academic Editor: Martha Guerrero
Copyright © 2013 Nana Wang and Jinxiang Liu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. A. J. Somers, “Thermodynamics, kinetics and microstructural evolution of the compound layer; A comparison of the states of knowledge of nitriding and imitrocarburising,” Heat Treatment of Metals, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 92–102, 2000.
- D. Pye, Practical Nitriding and Ferritic Nitrocarburizing, Materials Park, Ohio, Ohio , USA, 2003.
- M. A. J. Somers and E. J. Mittemeijer, “Layer-growth kinetics on gaseous nitriding of pure iron: evaluation of diffusion coefficients for nitrogen in iron nitrides,” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 57–74, 1995.
- H. Du, M. A. J. Somers, and J. Agren, “Microstructural and compositional evolution of compound layers during gaseous nitrocarburizing,” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 195–211, 2000.
- A. F. M. Arif, S. S. Akhtar, and B. S. Yilbas, “Effect of process variables on gas nitriding of H13 tool steel with controlled nitriding potential,” International Journal of Surface Science and Engineering, vol. 4, no. 4–6, pp. 396–415, 2010.
- M. Yang and R. D. J. Sisson, “Modeling the nitriding process of steels,” Advanced Materials and Processes, vol. 170, no. 7, pp. 33–36, 2012.
- M. Yang, C. Zimmerman, D. Donahue, and J. R. D. Sisson, “Modeling the gas nitriding process of low alloy steels,” Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 1892–1898, 2013.
- M. J. Hu, J. S. Pan, and Y. J. Li, “Mathematical modelling and computer simulation of nitriding,” Materials Science and Technology, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 547–550, 2000.
- M. J. Hu and J. S. Pan, Fundamentals of Thermochemical Surface Treatment of Steel, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Press, Shanghai, China, 1996.
- W. D. Jentzsch, F. Esser, and S. Boehmer, “Mathematical model for the nitriding of soft iron by ammonia-hydrogen mixtures,” Neue Hutte, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 19–23, 1981.
- Z. X. Zhu and K. F. Yao, Engineering Materials, Tsinghua University Press, Beijing, China, 2011.
- L. S. Darken and R. W. Gurry, Physical Chemistry of Metals Istedition London, McGraw-Hiu, 1953.
- T. Bell, “Controlled nitriding in ammoniahydrogen mixturs,” Heat Treatment, vol. 73, pp. 51–57, 1975.
- Y. Sun and T. Bell, “A numerical model of plasma nitriding of low alloy steels,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 224, no. 1-2, pp. 33–47, 1997.
- T. Spalvins, “Tribological and microstructural characteristics of ion-nitrided steels,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 108, no. 2, pp. 157–163, 1983.
- L. Torchane, P. Bilger, J. Dulcy, and M. Gantois, “Control of iron nitride layers growth kinetics in the binary Fe-N system,” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 1823–1835, 1996.