- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 239036, 7 pages
Investigations of Physical and Rheological Properties of Aged Rubberised Bitumen
Center for Transportation Research, Faculty of Engineering, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Received 27 August 2012; Accepted 15 January 2013
Academic Editor: Dachamir Hotza
Copyright © 2013 Asim Hassan Ali et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. C. Petersen, “Chemical composition of asphalt as related to asphalt durability—state of the art,” Transportation Research Record, vol. 999, pp. 13–30, 1984.
- D. R. Brown, D. Jared, C. Jones, and D. Watson, “Georgia's experience with crumb rubber in hot-mix asphalt,” Journal of Transportation Research Record, vol. 1583, pp. 45–51, 1997.
- G. W. Maupin Jr., “Hot mix asphalt rubber applications in Virginia,” Journal of Transportation Research Record, vol. 1530, pp. 18–24, 1996.
- E. Charania, J. O. Cano, and R. H. Schnormeier, “Twenty- year study of asphalt rubber pavement in Phoenix, Arizona,” Transportation Research Board, vol. 1307, pp. 29–38, 1991.
- M. Stroup-Gardiner, B. Chadbourn, and D. E. Newcomb, “Babbitt, Minnesota: case study of pretreated crumb rubber modified asphalt concrete,” Transportation Research Record, vol. 1530, pp. 34–42, 1996.
- A. A. Mohamed, O. Husaini, M. O. Hamzah, and H. Ismail, “Rheological properties of crumb rubber modified bitumen containing antioxidant,” The Arabian Journal For Science and Engineering, vol. 34, article 1B, 2009.
- M. Abdelaziz and M. R. Karim, “Rheological evaluation of ageing properties of rubber crumb modified bitumen,” Journal of the Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies, vol. 5, pp. 820–833, 2003.
- S. Liu, W. Cao, J. Fang, and S. Shang, “Variance analysis and performance evaluation of different crumb rubber modified (CRM) asphalt,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 2701–2708, 2009.
- S. J. Lee, C. K. Akisetty, and S. N. Amirkhanian, “The effect of crumb rubber modifier (CRM) on the performance properties of rubberized binders in HMA pavements,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 1368–1376, 2008.
- K. D. Jeong, S. J. Lee, S. N. Amirkhanian, and K. W. Kim, “Interaction effects of crumb rubber modified asphalt binders,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 824–831, 2010.
- L. Raad and S. Saboundjian, “Fatigue behavior of rubber-modified pavements,” Transportation Research Record, vol. 1639, pp. 73–82, 1998.
- H. R. Soleymani, H. Zhai, and H. Bahia, “Role of modified binders in rheology and damage resistance behavior of asphalt mixtures,” Transportation Research Record, vol. 1875, pp. 70–79, 2004.
- S. Aflaki and M. Memarzadeh, “Using two-way ANOVA and hypothesis test in evaluating crumb rubber modification (CRM) agitation effects on rheological properties of bitumen,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 2094–2106, 2011.
- H. U. Bahia and D. A. Anderson, “Glass transition behavior and physical hardening of asphalt binders,” Journal of the Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists, vol. 62, pp. 93–129, 1993.
- X. Lu and U. Isacsson, “Effect of ageing on bitumen chemistry and rheology,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 15–22, 2002.
- The Asphalt Institute, Performance Graded Asphalt Binder Specification and Testing, Superpave Series (SP-1), Lexington, Lexington, Ky, USA, 2003.
- P. Cong, S. Chen, J. Yu, and S. Wu, “Effects of aging on the properties of modified asphalt binder with flame retardants,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 24, no. 12, pp. 2554–2558, 2010.
- M. N. Siddiqui and M. F. Ali, “Studies on the aging behavior of the Arabian asphalts,” Fuel, vol. 78, no. 9, pp. 1005–1015, 1999.
- A. K. Apeagyei, “Laboratory evaluation of antioxidants for asphalt binders,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 47–53, 2011.